Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crossplay

SJW and Proud of It! Christina D's Avatar

Crossplay

Has anyone here ever done any crossplaying (cosplay but as a female character)? If so, do you have any pictures? If not, what character(s) would you like to crossplay as?

For Halloween 2014, I dressed as Tina from the animated TV show Bob's Burgers. I hadn't yet embraced my genderfluidity/crossdressing, and actually it played a big part in fueling my interest. It's a very low maintenance costume because although she's a girl, she doesn't wear makeup and is deliberately voiced by a male voice actor who makes no attempt to sound like the 13 year-old girl that she is, so "passing" is actually antithetical to the character. Here's a picture for those who are unfamiliar with the show:

Tina_Belcher.jpg

I know I have a picture of me in my costume somewhere, but I can't find it. If I do, I'll post it.

Now that I DO crossdress, I would love to crossplay as Clara Oswald from Doctor Who, especially her outfit in the episode "Hide." Here's a picture of that particular outfit:

f2552ea2588b9336e14900bc0e5e8d11.jpg

Everything the character wears on the show is adorable and I actually used her overall style as a guide when I started to build my wardrobe, so I think I could pull it off.
    Last edited by Christina D; 01-29-2017 at 02:48 PM. Reason: You cannot hot link to a photo on the web
    "I'm just a girl, what's my destiny?/What I've succumbed to is making me numb/Oh I'm just a girl, my apologies/What I've become is so burdensome/Oh I'm just a girl, lucky me/Twiddle-dum there's no comparison" - "Just a Girl" by No Doubt

"The unexamined life is not worth living" - Socrates

Sadly, I'm just too closeted to do any of what you describe. I love your imagination though!

This...
    Attachment 272187
    ...Or some variation of it. I may have to fast for a week, though
    "Samm" Sammara Michaels

I also speak fluent sarcasm

I crossed played on Halloween as a zombie girl. or girl of the dead. Went to the bistro and wore my nice heels with it. I am not sure what the men there thought of it but the women all talked to me and asked about the nice zombie dress. One said she wanted one like that. They like my outfit. But the men were all together talking LOL
    Part Time Girl

Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader. Or pretty much any NFL/college dance team member that performs like that. Those women are soooooooo beautiful.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Celine Dion but I want the body and the voice! LOL Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Why would you want to be someone else?

Tracci,
    Fans cosplay/crossplay for any number of reasons. Some people like it because (depending on the costume) of the craftsmanship in putting together the outfit. Both of my examples are simply a matter if clothes, but others who dresss as characters from video games, sci-fi media, and fantasy characters often have to make or purchase very specialty items that are far beyond what you could find at a standard department store. The costume might call for a medieval suit of armor or a gigantic fake gun with a lot of details, for example. Look up pictures from Comicon and you'll see how much dedication some fans put into paying homage to their favorite characters and media.

For others, cos/crossplay is also about admiring something about the character and having the opportunity to really explore that personality. I don't know Samm's reasons for wanting to crossplay as Selene, but maybe it's because she admires her fearless attitude.

My Tina costume was purely for fun; I like the show and I like the character, but admittedly, there's nothing I particularly admire about her.

Clara, however, possesses a lot of character traits that I do admire and identify with. That is to say, while we have a few things in common, she also has qualities that I WISH I had, so having the chance to play out life as her character could be a way for me to improve upon myself. Like me, she's a teacher. She's also very smart, curious, and quick to learn new things. Unlike me, however, while she is often dismissed and even stereotyped because of her gender and small stature, she's always ready to fight back and stand up for herself. Plus, she's cute a button.
    Last edited by Christina D; 01-30-2017 at 10:45 AM.
    "I'm just a girl, what's my destiny?/What I've succumbed to is making me numb/Oh I'm just a girl, my apologies/What I've become is so burdensome/Oh I'm just a girl, lucky me/Twiddle-dum there's no comparison" - "Just a Girl" by No Doubt

Yes, I suppose that dressing as a bride many times for charity shows comes into the crossplay criteria.

Done fairies and ballet dancers as well.

First fairy I did I was flown across the stage as the real fairy did not wish to be flown twenty feet in the air.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Aspiring Member
    Saber, from Fate/stay night. Well, I guess it works for me on a few aspects. How well is a different story.
    Attachment 272244
    Last edited by Lily Catherine; 01-30-2017 at 11:55 AM.

"I don't know Samm's reasons for wanting to crossplay as Selene, but maybe it's because she admires her fearless attitude."
    Christina, I do admire the character. But mostly, I just like the outfit.

Aspiring Member
    I see this as a fantasy version of the "If You Could Look Like Any Woman, Who Would It Be?" thread, which I finally posted to yesterday. One of mine was Sigourney Weaver. Sorry I couldn't find higher-res images, but most from Ghostbusters are of the more exotic scenes (e.g., floating above the bed, on the rooftop at the end). These are the looks I like, both in Dana Barrett's kitchen. One in that gorgeous dressy look she's wearing when we first meet the character in the beginning of the film, and the other a casual look that I totally identify with.

Oh, my, if I could grow that much hair...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Acastina; 01-30-2017 at 02:05 PM.

I have a long wish-list
    Let's start with character of Emma Cullen played by Haley Bennett in The Magnificent Seven
    I love those full length skirts in western movies and will add a cowboy hat as well
    Last edited by Lorileah; 01-31-2017 at 01:23 AM. Reason: not allowed on this forum, read the FAQs

I have gotten into Crossplay in the last year or so. I have crossplays of Princess Peach, Belle from Beauty and the Beast, and a Cinderella crossplay as well... plus, I hope to do Ariel at somepoint! I almost got to dress publicly at a local anime con to me last year as Princess Peach... although as I was putting everything on, I noticed I left my gloves at home so I opted to not wear it. I did get to wear my Belle crossplay for halloween last year at a party, everybody loved it and a female friend of mine has offered to help me out with makeup!

Ah-May-Lee
    My current avatar says it all. I would be Iria, from Zeiram ll. I would also like to go as Harley Quinn.
    In solitude where we are least alone. Byron

One Halloween I got a Hooter's costume and dressed as a Hooter girl.

Last Halloween I dressed as a belly dancer.

And on a Halloween long, long ago, I dressed as a French Maid.

Do any of those count?
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

So, recently I picked up a Mrs. Incredible costume. I am planning to wear it out next Halloween, I just need to get her big hips right. The bodysuit has room for them. I have a thread in the pic and video section wearing a Scarlett from GI Joe, Baroness, Black Widow, and a Miss Marvel. https://www.crossdressers.com/forums...en!&highlight=
    Last edited by KimberlyJean; 01-31-2017 at 05:18 PM.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    For Samm and Sometimes: I'm too old to think about them. I just do them!

Halloween 2016. Zombie Walk, Long Beach
    14699767_1096224390497336_246611653_n.jpg

T girl Superbowl party 2016.
    P1070043 (522x640).jpg

Burlesque show in Santa Ana, 2016
    P1100793 (640x640).jpg
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

There's plenty of crossplays I wanna do. I've been trying to put together a crossplay of Mei from Overwatch. But ones I did do before, was Hanji Zoe from Attack on Titan.

hanji_zoe_x_reader___experiment_by_bouncingnarwhals-d708xhv.jpg Hanji_character_image.jpg

48f2548f-78b2-4256-950f-f2edaf3484da_zpsimzy4wgn.jpg ng5YU2T.jpg

Docrobbysherry, I'm working on it! I just need the boots. But something with a spikey heel, perhaps.
    And I love the blue dress in your avatar btw

Chancey, I love your Hanji! Where did you get the jacket?

Allie, that's a shame to hear about your Peach costume...even if Rosalina is the superior female Mario series character to be. ;-P I'm guessing you still have it though and can wear the whole costume to another con? And oh my God, how could I not think to dress as Ariel, my favorite Disney princess!? That would be amazing, but I don't know that anyone would want to see me expose that much skin. Not until I lose my little tummy fat anyway.

Three guesses! I finally got all the pieces together for Harley Quinn (suicide squad). Probably have to wait for next Halloween to find someplace to wear it.

Quote Originally Posted by Christina D View Post
    Chancey, I love your Hanji! Where did you get the jacket?

:
    I ordered it from a seller on Amazon. If I remember correctly, I only played like around $28 at most too. And it's of great quality. Even better than some of the jackets I find in stores that go for double the ammount.

I have cross played for a cons, genderbent and for Halloween parties. Ada Wong, Garret, YaYa, Lacus Cline, Regina to name a few. I'm sure you can find me on a certain midwest con site if you know what to look for ;-)
    Last edited by Jenni Yumiko; 02-01-2017 at 10:32 AM.

If I was 100 pounds lighter I'd love to crossplay as Julie Newmar's catwoman. Something about that outfit, those gloves, those boots.