Thread: Which is better to date - a tomboy or girly girl?

Which is better to date - a tomboy or girly girl?

As a straight male who crossdresses, which kind of girl do you think would be more accepting in a dating relationship, a tomboy or a girly girl?

My SO said a Tomboy, A girly girl would not want the competition. But I have been with a girly girl and she was somewhat acceptable as she had a playmate. .
    Part Time Girl

Aspiring Member
    I don't think it would make a difference. I would depend on each woman and you the strength of your relationship. However a goth girl would probably be the most accepting.
    Sara

My fiancée is a girly girl largely. I think it works better because she's very skilled with makeup and because of this, she puts a lot of effort when she does my makeup.

I like girly-girls who love makeup, high heels, short skirts, etc. But there is something sexy sbout a woman who is comfortable and competent with tools, hunting, fishing, camping, ATVs, etc. Oh, how nice it would be to find a outdoorsey girly-girl.

Aspiring Member
    The kind you love.

In my case it turned out to be tomboy, but that wasn't the main attraction, or distraction. I just felt a connection. Met her 40 years ago, still together! I wish she were more accepting rather than merely tolerant, but I still couldn't imagine being with anyone else.

At my age, the response is common...it "depends." The tomboy or girlyness has nothing to do with the individual's willingness to accept the CD's behavior no more than it is a penchant for science or art or Mozart or Vivaldi.

I married a girly girl, I taught her to be an outdoorsey tomboyish type. She hunts, fishes, kayaks, and even helps me work the farm/ ranch. When in private she has helped me be more girly as time has progressed. She still gets her nails done, hair fixed, and shops for instyle clothes. What I'm saying is find one that is a little of both, that has an unconditional love for you and you for her, be up front always about her feelings n yours, and never cheat, or lie to each other ( except at birthdays n Christmas ) we made that agreement. That's so our presents would remain a surprise.
    If you loved your mother and thought she was perfect then find one like that. If there were just a few changes you wanted to see in your mom then find one with those qualities. Date them long enough to find out what they feel and are inside, as I can guarantee you the outside beauty will change but the beauty inside will remain forever. ( except during the change in their life then it's every man for himself) lol.

it has nothing really to do with that i think. it's really down to the person's world view whether they accept cding or not. it's not so simple.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    A bi girl. And, they come in both looks, tom boy and girly girl.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I married a tom-boy and I have never pictured myself with a girly girl.
    Even as a teenager I was more attracted to the girl next door than the model.

Ex wife was very much a tomboy. Liked playing with boys toys, ruined my tools playing carpenter, preferred to wear pants all the time, loved the fact that I got her her own motorcycle, etc.. Hated hated hated that i was a crossdresser. FWIW.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I honestly don't think that it makes a hoot of difference. Find someone with an open mind!

I am firmly with those who say, "What's the difference?" The girly-girl and the tomboy are individuals, same as us. External things like manner of dress, pastimes, etc. are way down the list of things that would be important to me in a date.

As it is a really interesting question, I think as someone said, that there is no relation between both.
    A girly girl, may found some competition with a CD boyfriend. A tomboy may feel hurt about her lack of feminity, and may though that you have to crossdress to supply your need of feminity... it really depend of everyone.
    That's my two cents worth

This question brings to mind Keylee from Firefly. She was the ships mechanic, greasy overalls and all the rest most of the time. What you'd think of as a real tom boy. But then there's the time she went to a "ball" and had the most fantastic (My feeling) pink, ruffled southern bell dress and she Loved it. I think the quite when she was talking to the other women who were looking down on her was; "When I saw the ruffles I just had to have it." Or something close to that. The story line tried to imply the dress was a little over the top (and it was) but it was Very nice. So, tom boy or girlie girl? Why not both? (I fell in love with Kaylee in the first episode...)

Quote Originally Posted by flander View Post
    As a straight male who crossdresses, which kind of girl do you think would be more accepting in a dating relationship, a tomboy or a girly girl?
    A FEMININE woman at all times near my own age.
    One that has her own mind and thoughts Im interested in hearing.
    One that has experienced life and isn't sick of it.
    One that has hope for the future even tho sometimes it looks bleak.
    And my best friend.

Ex.

I dated a woman who was a girly- girl. And she help me dress gave me things to wear under my male cloths. And when I bought her things like dresses she would give them back to after she wore them a few times saying she knew I like them.
    Now I'm married to a Tomboy she can wear my things but I can't wear women cloths around her. We're in a DADT relationship.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I would rather date guys because they are easier to deal with

It would be a girly girl for me. I think I am in line, thinking most of us cder's dress to the max when we dress and I am no different. My thinking is if my SO is a girly girl she can help me be a better looking girl, because she will be good at the "trade" so to speak.

I have always been attracted to the tomboy type i just feel way more comfortable around them
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo