Thread: It's gone unexpectedly well

It's gone unexpectedly well

Hey all,
    as bad as I am posting, visited here after a long while and felt like leaving a word or a few.

Been about... 5 years? Since I started living full time, and a year and a half since official name change and starting hormones. I'm in better health now both physically and mentally. Putting off official gender change as I'd rather do it between jobs, as my social security number will also change and I will need to update it everywhere, including employer (who, best I can tell, never paid attention to the marker and always saw me as woman).

Not had any trouble passing, or at least no-one's given me trouble or commented in any way. Had some voice training but haven't trained that diligently, so my voice is a bit androgynous, not the worst to begin with luckily. Even my natural thinning hair, which was barely tolerable with a high ponytail covering the balding, didn't seem to out me. With make up on of course. Wasn't wearing the old wig (the one in the (new) profile/avatar pic) for a a couple of reasons - for one, hot summer and autumn, and second to be more authentic. Gone prosthetic-blonde since last summer - got a medically approved wig voucher and wig fitting, so that stress has also gone.

As for those that knew me before, mainly my family, it's been a non-issue. I expected some questions at least, but almost everyone's been respecting my privacy and not noticeably reacting to the point I suspected they were blind, before I brought it up and explicitly came out.

As I'm more secure and settled in my gender, I'm less bothered. Before I started living full time I was severely allergic to using any products made for men, even if you couldn't really tell the difference as it was pretty unisex. Now I'm getting to a point where whatever works is fine.

Thanks for checking back with your progress! Sounds good! I remember you! Best wishes going forward! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Glad things continue to go well for you

Minoxidil, hair nail skin gummies along with estrogen (12 years) have helped my hair to fill out.
    While I have acquired a feminine appearance and wear dresses I maintain my masculine identity.
    About my voice: I am a bass singer and I don't want to tamper with my voice. So I continue to speak with my masculine voice. The interesting thing with feminine appearance and attire my voice does not cause any kind of reaction .
    And best of all my health has improved considerably as I no longer drink to excess.
    I agree about certain products made for men - I cannot stand the sharp smell of men's fragrances. I also use Dove soap and Ban antiperspirant.

John
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

Thanks for letting us know how you are doing and continued good luck!
    Crissy