Thread: Drive Carefully Girls!

Drive Carefully Girls!

All this driving around dressed, the inevitable is bound to happen. I did not crash my car, but got caught up in an accident on my way home.

Last week I decided to leave my hotel and drive straight home after a few days with a customer, but decided to also make the journey as Ann. I have done this several times with no drama. However 2hrs from home a car (two cars) in front of me that was driving erratic, decided to change lanes without warning and clip a large van. It then decided to cut across the lane and spun hitting two more cars in the process. When I came to a stop, without a thought I just leapt out and ran to the first car I come too and asked if they were alright. By this time others had gone to the aid of the rest of the vehicle's. Luckily no one was seriously hurt, but the road was a mess and we were not getting past any time soon. As I stood there amongst the debris I realised how I was dressed, so went back to my car to keep out of the way. One of less damaged car drivers seemed to be asking people about the accident and sure enough he then came over to me in my car. “Did you see what happened? She was on her Bloody phone!” I said a did see the accident and also had it on my dash cam!! with that he started to then tell every one “the woman over there in the Silver car has it all on camera” I was then besieged with people wanting a copy!!! the only person not to approach me was the young lady who had caused the crash she seemed OK, but a little shaken. She was getting a good taking too from the van driver for using her phone while driving!

Any how to cut a long story short, when the police arrived they were pointed in my direction and a very nice police woman took my statement and asked for a copy of the incident.

Now I don't pass at close quarters, but if anybody sussed me out and I'm certain the police woman did, no one said a word. Something similar has happened before as Ann and the best thing I have learned to do is not to panic. My local police came the next evening to collect the footage to pass it on and before you ask I was not dressed as Ann. I did however cut the recording short when it showed me getting out of the car to help.

Ann
    “You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.”― Mae West

Find out more about me at http://www.flickr.com/photos/54661188@N08/

Ann,

Firstly, glad that you were alright. Secondly your experience shows that perhaps, just perhaps, people are now more willing to take things on face value,( especially when an insurance claim is at stake), and while not ignoring the way they're dressed, to be cognisant and respectful of the person involved. And yes, learning not to panic is sound advice to anyone going out enfemme. Stay calm and carry on.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

OMG, Ann. I'm sure that was more than a little unsettling at the time, but you are to be commended for your selfless instinct, and for the composure you maintained after your focus returned to your pretty self. And let's say a word for all those involved who treated you with the respect we all deserve. What a great story!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Keep your cool and act like you belong.
    You did great Ann well done.

Not sure what the big deal was..why you cut it short..

Silver Member
    Great story Ann. I like to believe that being the good Samaritan is great in general, but even better since these people may have just a tiny bit more respect for us?

Gold Member
    Ann:
    Maybe you could get a second job as an "Eye Witness Reporter"
    You know....Film at 11:00 PM.
    Rader

Ann, glad you are OK! You did the right thing! Glad you were shown respect by the others!! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Ann I know what it's like to watch an accident happen having driven 2.5 million miles over the road I have seen more then I like glad no one was hurt your reaction was normal and I think you did a lot to help people to except us thank you and you look great in your pic
    hugs
    Ronda

Ann, about 27 years ago I saw an accident slow motion, helped the young lady who was hit by the other car. She wrote me the nicest letter I have ever received. I think about that letter often. Good for you for sticking around and helping.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Wow, I'm happy te hear your OK and I'm impressed with your courage. Thinking of others even knowing at the price of outting yourself. Your a great example of unselfishness and to help others in need no matter what the conditions are.
    I'm starting to go on drives more and more, it's very addicting and never leaving the car one thinks it's safe but always prepare yourself for the worst.
    It happened to me a few years ago when a car in front of me hit the curb and blew a tire, thank God I stopped in time and the car behind me also just barely made the stop without hitting me. When the guy came out of the car, I was so angry I yelled at him and backed up and drove away, not thinking of how I was dressed. I don't pass at all, so I now laugh at it thinking what he was thinking. But it could have been much worst and also embarrassing. We can drive as safe as we can but we can't control others around us do the same.

I believe 2 things happened. One you didn't act like you were out of the ordinary so others didn't. Second with the accident being the main attraction, people were more focused on that than you anyway.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogina B View Post
    Not sure what the big deal was..why you cut it short..
    I think it is rather obvious!!!!!!

Often when accidents happen, those directly and closely involved go into a kind of semi real state. Time goes into a star of flux, both passing very slowly and quickly. You can almost guarantee those you spoke too would have seen you as a woman and the police are trained to deal with transgender as there displayed gender.

Thanks for all the replies.

I was unsure about posting the story, as I did not want it to come across as a boastful heroine act. The story was to relay how society is getting more accepting and a reminder when things go belly up just "Keep Calm"

And just on a foot note, I had a call from the insurance company off one of the cars that got hit asking for a copy of the accident. They asked for Ann ..... but as I had answered with my male voice I could not very well just change! I just said she was not around but would make sure you got a copy.

Ann
    Last edited by AnntoAnn; 02-05-2017 at 06:45 PM. Reason: typos
    “You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.”― Mae West

Find out more about me at http://www.flickr.com/photos/54661188@N08/

I understand completely. I used to be concerned simply driving around underdressed. I was scared to death the first time I drove completely dressed. Since I went full time, I've had many encounters and in none of them has my gender been any more a concern that it would be to a GG.

What a story, glad you are okay! You realy know how to keep your head cool. Such a confidence Also ppl seems to be very acceptive about you which is very nice to hear. Hopefuly no more such encounters for you. Car accidents aren't fun.
    This is what I am most afraid of while do drive en femme. Being stopped by cops or getting in car accident.
    "Do not care what others think, do what you must" - Javik, ME3