Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a GG - Part Two

Thank you to those that answered my question. I think that there was a bit of disconnect over what 'intimate' might mean in the question so I'll try to clarify.

My wife has never been one to leave the house without her makeup being perfect. She's very good at it and has done special event makeup for other ladies multiple times over the years (weddings, proms, etc...).

I really have no interest in wearing makeup on a daily basis. But, I would love to have several sessions with her and have her do various levels of makeup, from "male news anchor" to "tasteful glam' (I'm not the over the top type). Since we both much prefer me with a beard, I am not trying to pass. The goal for me would be just plain experimentation. The fantasy would be for her to be eager to please me rather than to reluctantly appease me.

The intimate part of the equation, as the receiver, would be much like being the receiver of a long slow non-sexual massage (given by the SO). Even bringing an unexpected cup of coffee to the SO in bed would be a small intimate act in my mind. Even if sex isn't the goal or the end result, the act of having someone give time and attention in that way fits my idea of intimacy.

Does that clarify or make sense to anyone?
    Last edited by Bea_; 05-02-2019 at 07:17 AM.

I never told my wife about my interest in crossdressing before we were married but thought I gave her enough of a clue, what do you think ?
    BTW I am known for my great sense of humor.

She had just finished showering and as always was walking in and out of the bathroom in a lacy white matching bra and panty set with a towel wrapped around her head. When she closed the door I noticed a folded pile of her laundry with the same lacy Bra and panty set on top and I thought to put them on. Since she is curvy the set fit a bit too well and with socks to fill out the bra and a towel on my head I was good to go. I walked in and stood next to her and asked to borrow her curling iron. She totally lost it and almost fell over laughing. She then chased me around the apartment with nail polish.

I think some women here may not realize but Believe me for a guy to put on silky panties and a lacy bra takes alot of courage ! So since most guys would never do this do you think I gave her a big enough hint ?

Hi Bea,
    Thanks for the clarification. However, it sounds like your fantasy is more of an intimate moment for you. It would be up to her if she feels it is an intimate moment for her. For me, .... sorry, it would still not be an intimate moment.

Hi Robbiegirl,
    "Hinting" is not telling and/or having a discussion. You said yourself that "BTW I am known for my great sense of humor". Since that is the case, my thinking would be that she thought you were just joking around.

An analogy would be something like: If before you were married, she brought home a brochure about France. After you were married, she wanted to know when you were both moving to France. You would wonder "Whaaaat??" Then she mentions that she thought you knew because she brought home the brochure (hint hint).

In instances that are important, a discussion is necessary. "Hinting" around or "clues" would not make it a reality.
    Last edited by char GG; 05-03-2019 at 05:46 PM.

Reine D-
    I could not have said that any better and totally agree. I have never been interested in 'grooming' my best girlfriend. Again its not something I think adult women think is fun. We would much rather go to a spa and have it done to us together, lol.

Hi Robbie Girl,

I think when it comes to something that can be as emotive and sensitive as the fine art of cross dressing that anything this side of hitting your significant other over the head with a sledge hammer is too subtle.

Seriously, cross dressing is an emotive subject and it may be just something you do in your head but not exactly the 'norm' in your significant other's experience. When you are serious about a relationship you have to play all your cards up front, be totally honest, and show all sides of who you are or you aren't being true to yourself or fair to your prospective lady.

I have to say it feels like juggling landmines having my wife in here now. But Anyhoo...
    Elsewhere this morning I joked that Char may have fallen foul of the Pink Fog. You know me by now, crack wise or go home, but it did set the tiny (so so tiny!) cogs in my head whirring.
    Crossdressing is often associated with shame and embarrassment but us faux-ladies can't be the only ones with cadavers in our walk-in. I've described my first year of crossdressing as condensed female adolescence in terms of finding a femme style. This is not something you GGs are immune to. Us CDs in particular notice.
    So, spill, ladies, what are those fashion choices that make you shudder in hindsight? When did you make Beetlejuice look like a runway model? Have you ever turned anyone's hair white? If you can, try to make them NOT related to lamentable past fashions. I don't think those purple loon pants are gonna be met with anything but embarrassment these days! 😁
    Ta muchly.
    Last edited by abbiedrake; 05-24-2019 at 02:16 PM.

Something I've never told you dear, I've worn a dress with hoop skirts more than once. It was the very early 80s in Baltimore when the company I worked for had a formal evening that i was required to attend so three of us wore full dresses with under skirts and hoop skirts. And gloves. Yes. I said it. Picture Gone with the Wind. I named myself Scarlet Magnolia Belle
    Last edited by Wifeling GG; 05-15-2019 at 09:01 AM.

Yes, Wifeling! I can appreciate your dealing with a hoop slip. What I didn't say in my post about my larger than life wedding dress was that it also required a hoop slip! They are a really weird invention. If the slip isn't adjusted just right when sitting, the entire mess will fly over the head of the wearer. I did have to practice wearing the contraption.

Ladies thanks so much for sharing your Girly experiences with Wedding Gowns, Southern Belle Dresses and Hoops ! LOL

So with humans being the curious creatures that we are does it really surprise you that guys might think its fun to see how they would looks and feel swishing about in those fun outfits as you described ?

That being said I do think it would be a bit odd to have your husband walking about your house dolled up and knocking things over with his puffy dress and hoop. LOL

I am assuming your question is:

So with humans being the curious creatures that we are does it really surprise you that guys might think its fun to see how they would looks and feel swishing about in those fun outfits as you described ?
    Not sure that it's that much fun! (LOL). More like FUNNY.

Definitely far more funny than fun!

Quote Originally Posted by abbiedrake View Post
    So, spill, ladies, what are those fashion choices that make you shudder in hindsight? When did you make Bettlejuice look like a runway model? Have you ever turned anyone's hair white? If you can, try to make them NOT related to lamentable past fashions. I don't think those purple loon pants are gonna be met with anything but embarrassment these days! 😁
    Ta muchly.
    Abbie, I grew up in the 80s. The decade of Madonna and Dynasty. Most girls my age tried the fingerless gloves, leg warmers and big hair look. But after a couple of times, I was back to my trusted jeans, t shirts and Dr Martin's boots. Which is a timeless gender neutral look, even today. So can't really say I have many fashion disasters in my closet. There was never any need to oversexualise myself, I was confident in my sexuality and it showed in the fact that boys were attracted to me. It's difficult to get across to a group of crossdressers how it feels to be completely at peace with how you look and never to have a need to diverge from it. Going through a dressing puberty was never a problem for me, I didn't feel I needed to blend in or stick out from my peers. If I was happy with how I looked in the mirror, off I went. Never spent more than 20 mins deciding what to wear since my default costume was t-shirt, jeans and boots of some sort. Makes life a lot simpler and even today, I have waaaaaay too many things to worry about and do to waste them on clothes. I am sure if I look at pics of me 30 years from now,I will feel like I dressed my age and pretty classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbiegirl View Post
    So just to be clear its only FUNNY when its a Guy in a Frilly Hoop Dress ?
    It's just plain funny whoever wears it. It would certainly make me laugh, in a "what were you thinking?" way. I wouldn't be caught dead in something like this, but this is my personal taste. Your taste is evidently different. As I said above, I have way too many things to do than waste my time trying to slip into something that has 30 layers and 5 miles of net wrapped around it. FUN for me is a bbq at a friend's garden on a sunny day, eating good food, drinking good wine and enjoying people's company. Call me old-fashioned if you want but I appreciate people more than inanimate objects.

Ladies if you discovered your S.O. wearing some of your clothes that he was suppose to give to the Goodwill how do you think you would react. This would be a situation that occurred early in your discovery of his odd Hobby of playing dressup ?

Early on in our relationship after I had put on her lingerie in the bedroom on several occasions the following incedent happened. My wife had a few small piles of clothes lined up for the Goodwill. Right next to my pile of clothes she put 3 lacy bra and bikini panty sets from Maidenform. She had seen me model these before so knew they fit and I enjoyed wearing them. Since we really never discussed much my funny habit I just assumed it was her way of saying hey i know you like these frilly items so take them. So i kept them and took the other stuff to the goodwill.

Well about a month later she came home early and discovered me in her prettiest set the baby blue ones and was shocked. When I told her I had thought she had left them for me she gave me a look that said Have you lost your mind ! Was i in the wrong ? Did I not give her enough clues ? Don't women realize that its almost impossible for guys like us to resist getting into Panties & Bras
    Last edited by Di; 05-24-2019 at 08:38 PM. Reason: We know what bras look like

Oh Robbie, Robbie, Robbie,
    Never assume "leaving clues" is going to be acceptable. I think the best way to communicate is to flat out say what you are thinking. Like, "I would like to keep some of the things you left out for Goodwill".

I had a stretchy sequin dress that I was going to take to a consignment shop. My husband did ask if I minded if he tried it on. It was short on him but he wanted to keep it which was fine with me. However, he did ask in advance.
    Last edited by char GG; 05-24-2019 at 05:53 PM.

but thought I gave her enough of a clue, what do you think ?
    This was not a clue. Lots of guys dress as women on a lark without being CDers.

I completely understand. Of course CDers think it's much more fun to wear ladies' fashions (any ladies' fashions) than do GGs. For most of us most of the time, clothes are rather utilitarian. We dress for the occasion (nice dress for a special occasion, office wear during the week, casual clothes at home or for doing errands) but we don't get thrills out of it like you do.

Ladies if you discovered your S.O. wearing some of your clothes that he was suppose to give to the Goodwill how do you think you would react.
    I would see this as having gone behind my back, which is a form of lying. I would be disappointed that he hadn't been up front with me at the time and told me that he wanted to keep the clothes. I would think that he lacked courage.

Quote Originally Posted by abbiedrake View Post
    So, spill, ladies, what are those fashion choices that make you shudder in hindsight?
    Nothing really. I've always dressed according to the times. Tie-dies in the 60s, disco-wear in the 70s, big hair and shoulder pads in the 80s. These things didn't seem out of place then, even if they might look out of place now. Or if not out of place, they certainly would date someone.

Have you ever noticed how old ladies tend to stick with styles that were popular when they were young? lol
    Reine

Platinum Member
    I’m going out with some GG friends next weekend... a movie and drinks. I’m fairly reserved in my style, and they assure me that they won’t let me look foolish. But just in case they are being too charitable, do you think I can wear this top and skirt?
    Attachment 304471.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

The outfit is nice - the skirt does not look too short and the neckline doesn't plunge. But, I would cover more of your shoulders. Not for reasons of false puritanical modesty, but simply because we should cover a little more as we age. We don't want to emphasize our aging body parts as we get older, and like it or not, tank tops emphasize aging necks and less-than-lithe shoulders. I wear tank tops in my back yard int the summer but I stopped wearing them to go out in the evening. Same with my skirt lengths. The older I get, the longer they get. lol

I think this is a good article to read.

http://sixtyandme.com/fashion-after-...-look-younger/

You might think about a V-neck T-shirt such as the one in your avatar instead of the tank top?

EDIT
    This article also speaks against spaghetti straps on older women. There are lots of fun, creative, attractive alternatives.

https://www.theguardian.com/fashion/...er-older-woman
    Last edited by ReineD; 05-27-2019 at 05:03 PM.
    Reine

Platinum Member
    An honest answer from a woman (not quite) my age Actually, the girls I hang with are in their late 30's and early 40s.....I don't think they see the sags that I see. I have several v neck t's that might work too.

Thanks R

PS: I'd rather wear a turtle neck, but this is late spring in Texas!!!
    Last edited by kimdl93; 05-27-2019 at 07:11 PM.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Skirt is perfect for the weather we are having here in Texas right now with a cute pair of sandals .
    Love the design of the top but I also cover up my arms now . I sometimes wear a bolo jacket if I find an interesting top and want cover on my arms.
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    An honest answer from a woman (not quite) my age
    I'm nearly there! I knew you'd understand and take it the right way, Kim

Also, it's never a bad idea to have something covering the shoulders in movie house A/C. I always freeze. Have a great time with your friends!

EDIT
    I just had another idea. Maybe you could wear the tank top under a sheer, linen big shirt? I have a white one that I wear all summer long over everything. I wear it open like a jacket. It's breezy and cool, and it shows off the things I want to show off while hiding the things I want to hide. Something like this - it would look cute over your tank top:

https://www.jjill.com/product/textur...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
    Last edited by ReineD; 05-28-2019 at 01:09 AM.
    Reine

Platinum Member
    Honestly....skin....esp my neck and arms.... are where I notice the impacts of mother time most prominently! I love the suggestion, btw! So, in keeping with the forum rules, my follow up question would be what other tricks do you use to cope with summer heat!!!

Eleanor Roosevelt

Moving to Texas I found wearing natural fabrics help and hats .Also maxi dresses and skirts .Flowing skirts and dresses more than the tight fitting. Luckily I have both lol and a lot of hats. I might wear a tighter skirt if going to an event held inside . Lol air conditioned getting dressed , in the car and at the event.These are things I have found works for me because coming from Canada to Texas was a bit of a change. One eventI went to last summer I wore one of my outfits I loved wearing in Canada and I was a hot mess and not in a good way.Good thing I can wear it in the winter here so it’s all good.
    I also wear my hair differently here except in the winter. It is getting very long. In the summer I wear it up with a cute clip or a pony and sometimes in a braid.
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

I tend to wear skorts (although sometimes these can be too warm because of the extra layer), shorts, or full skirts in the summer. I usually wear sleeveless tops but not skin tight tank tops. I would rather be too hot than too cold, though. (My previous employer kept the temperature too cool in the summer and 200 ladies froze. We would sit in bulky sweaters when it was 90 degrees outside.) Some restaurants and public places are also way too cold in the summer. If you are going dancing, you will probably be fine. So I would suggest that if you bring a jacket or lightweight shirt (something like Reine showed). And like Di, my hair is fairly long and frizzes in the humidity. I end up with a bun or ponytail.

Have fun Kim!

Platinum Member
    Of course, I’m from North Dakota originally, so I love sweaters, but can’t tolerate them for most of the year in Texas. As a woman of a certain age, I realize I need to make compromises. Any other tips, make up or otherwise for a mature woman?

Eleanor Roosevelt

Haha Kim, you walked right into this one! Don't wear blue eyeshadow.

Seriously, I like tinted moisturizer rather than traditional foundation (I use Ulta brand but other companies make it). Heavy foundation feels like my face is coated in oil, especially in the summer. Go light on the eye makeup if you are out in high humidity days. Eyeliner tends to melt away and eye shadow (never blue, of course, lol) creases. Mascara may smudge to under the eye. I scrimp on foundation but never on mascara (I use Estee Lauder Doublewear for minimal smudging). Sweating does not help "the look" if makeup runs or smears into a "black eye" look.

I hope you have a good time with your GG friends.

I hope you
    Last edited by char GG; 05-29-2019 at 02:58 PM.