Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a GG - Part Two

Quote Originally Posted by Robbiegirl View Post
    ... was wondering if todays younger women would react any differently than back then and maybe be suspicious. Or are modern women more use to guys trying on their lingerie just for fun ?
    I think there are more women today who are aware of the existence of crossdressers - everyone must be aware of Kaitlin Jenner for example. But, this doesn't mean they will all be supportive if their own SO crossdresses, even if they are open to other people doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by shellybme View Post
    How many bras does a girl regularly own?
    The answer to that is as varied as asking what ice cream flavor do people regularly prefer.

I'm rather utilitarian. I have 2 or 3, skin color. I replace them when they wear out. Good bras are expensive and I'd rather spend my money on other things.
    Reine

Quote Originally Posted by shellybme View Post
    Oh... then I’m ok. I have 5 bras in total. A nude, pink, hot pink racer back, a red lace, and a white T-shirt bra.
    Um, okay, I have lots. lol For work I have a green one, a black one, and two different pink ones; one flat pink, the other has a small pattern on it. Other than that, I have a whole drawer full! At least 3 black ones, a black and white lace one, a red and black lace one, two hot pink, purple, burgundy, blue... lol

I will count later and edit with an actual number. I love to match my bras with panties, and I have waaaaaaay more panties than each bra, so... Yes, good ones can be expensive, but if you are thrifty and want them, you wait for sales, join a rewards club (like LaSenza) and you go to outlet stores.

I have 23 bras.
    Last edited by Littleg2; 05-14-2018 at 05:12 PM. Reason: Removed question as this for cds to ask and GGs to answer

GGs are you so use to your S.O.s crossdressing that you probably wouldn't even notice if he was wearing a new Dress Or Lingerie ?

What about costumes or exotic outfits ? Is there anything that makes you roll your eyes anymore or does it all seem so normal.

Just trying to find out how use to his dressup do you get ?

Lastly do you like dress shopping with him ?

Thanks so very much. Your input is great and vital to us !

What would we do without Women !

My SO is very vocal about his new clothes; so he would say "how do you like my new dress?". Besides, he has so many that I wouldn't be able to keep track of them all. He doesn't like to wear lingerie. His focus is on clothes he can go out in public wearing.

As far as exotic outfits, he likes to wear "wings" at public events like festivals and street fairs. He wears a frilly dress with wings and hopes people will take his picture. He was thrilled at a Lady Gaga concert where he wore a really cute short front, long back frilly skirt (no wings) and women flocked to get their picture taken with him. The other night we went to an adult prom where he wore a beautiful prom dress and was disappointed that no one there took his picture (all the ladies were in pretty prom dresses so he didn't stand out).

He isn't shy about dressing up so I am used to it. He also lets me know how far he intends to take the dressing so I'm not in the dark wondering where things stand.

Yes we shop together, not a really big deal. I buy for me, he buys for himself.

Robbiegirl, I don't notice my SO's new things. She has so much and I never know if it is new or something she hasn't worn in years. As to costumes or exotic outfits, they're OK for Halloween but it would be weird for me to see my SO wear them at other times. Dress shopping - this may seem odd, but my SO HATES to spend time shopping in brick and mortar stores for anything. Anything, including clothing. It's straight in, get what you need, and straight out. So I gave up shopping with my SO years ago. My SO shops for girl clothes on the computer.
    Reine

It was pretty much our regular life and Sherlyn had so much clothing ( a couple of dressers and a walk in closet full) I did not notice all the time something new . Costumes on halloween or when we did charity drag shows .....
    But other than that reg womens clothing.She was free to be herself 24/7
    Shopping yes we loved doing that together.
    Hope I answered your questions.
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

I enjoy shopping with Eryn. We have somewhat different tastes, so she can enjoy trying on the clothes that go well with her body type and personality, and I can do the same for me. I notice if she has something new, generally because we shop together so I know what she's bought. She enjoys dressing like a typical woman for her age--a bit more professional at work, but comfortable/pretty at home or going out. She also enjoys dressing up for fancy occasions, but again, she is past the teen-age stage of exotic clothes, and enjoys wearing attractive clothing. I am completely used to it, as Eryn has been 24/7 for a couple of years now.
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Thanks so much Ladies ! Your responses here are always so well thought out .

Just wondering is your S.O the only man/boy u have ever had a relationship with or even close friendship with that you have seen put on frilly women's things ? Or were there others so you were a bit use to it ?

We all have been raised to believe its almost impossible to get a guy into Panties and Bras but we only have our own experiences to judge that . I was talked into modeling lingerie by several girlfriends but that may have to do with the fact that I am a very outgoing comical guy that is not big in stature or big in the male area. In other words there was no threat of lingerie being damaged. Oh and they of course did not know I was enjoying myself. I only made the mistake once of putting on the Bra myself quite easily and that did arouse suspicion and bring out some teasing questions

My SO is the only CD that I have had a relationship with.
    Last edited by char GG; 05-15-2018 at 10:16 AM.

Several of you mentioned that your Guy has lots of dresses so you don't really notice !

How many dresses are we talking about and is this more than you own and how many dresses is too many for a guy to Own ?

Also are these expensive dresses ?

Platinum Member
    WHAT IS THE REASON FOR DRESSING AS A WOMAN?

When my wife and I were first married I did not reveal some of my youthful activities of indulging myself in my mother's lingerie draw. I had thought that interest was way in the past. My wife was down right beautiful and sexy. I loved our Saturday trips to mid town Manhattan where we perused the lingerie sections of all the department stores. Many times we ended up buying her a slinky nightgown which she put to use right away. All this activity rekindled my love for nylon fabric which ended up being incorporated into "bedroom play." I think it was viewed as a "fetish." It took a number of years for my desires to expand from an occasional nightie to slips and finally a bra. That's when it "hit the fan." She could not understand "Why would a man wear a bra when he had nothing to stuff into it?" I'll remember her words until I die. It also rekindled the self loathing and feelings of disgust I always harbored when I did that in my youth.

I tried to explain my feelings to her, but, I know I sounded like an idiot. I used that line that was akin to saying "I wanted to express my feminine side." She shot back with "When you have a baby, you can tell me about expressing your femininity." I thought about it. Upon reflection I told her the truth. "I do not know why I do what I do!"

Has your husband ever expressed some reason why he needs to wear women's clothing? Not how it makes him feel, but, the "Why?"

Robbiegirl I never counted them but it was not a hobby it was her life 3/4 the time. Some were expensive some were not . Just like my wardrobe.

Stephanie because it was who she was. With her ex she was not able to understand that it was not a fetish. With me she was free to be and she blossomed. Don’t feel shame there is nothing wrong with what you are doing.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Administrator

Robbiegirl:
    My SO has a dedicated bedroom for his dresses, skirts, jackets, blouses, and one pair of girl jeans with bling on the back pocket. He isn't into lingerie so has a small drawer of underwear. My guess would be he has over a 100 outfits, probably 10 wigs, and he has a collection of hats. I don't even want to think about the number of shoes. Most of his clothes have been from Goodwill and thrift stores. He probably pays an average of $5 to $10 for a clothing item (sometimes less). When he gets rid of anything, he usually resells it at a local resale shop. Sometimes he makes more money for the clothes he sells than what he originally paid for them. The most expensive thing he owns is one wig which he calls a "cool weather wig".

I have a lot of clothes but not as many has he does.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Stephanie:
    My SO sometimes expresses reasons why he likes to wear women's clothes but the reasons are like moving targets, they change from time to time.
    Last edited by char GG; 05-15-2018 at 07:23 PM.

My wife has been very very supportive of me these past 10 or so years. She is a loving stepmother to my (our) two sons. She has put up with my ex wifes nastyness. And, although she gets nothing from it, she puts up with, encourages, and supports me as a cross dresser. Even to the point of stepping out of her own comfort zones just to make me happy. Her birthday is coming up in a week and i realy wanted to show her how much i appriciate everything about her. So to the ggs, what are some of your oppinions and ideas? I dont have a lot of money but have a plan for dinner and a movie. Thinking of wearing my best suit for the occassion. As a gg, please give me some advice. I realy want her to feel appriciated.

Ronnie: Your plan already sounds wonderful and well thought out. Sounds like you both are winners. Happy birthday to your wife.

I adore Women, always have, always will. Grew up with loving sisters. I still just don't understand them and I know they all are different.

What i don't understand is why so many of them don't wear the fun, comfy, feminine nighties they look so pretty in and that society lets them wear.

Now I must admit I really will never understand what a women means when she says something makes her feel "FEMININE" What I do know though is the Nightie I posted below

Makes a guy look and feel entirely Unmanly, Silly, and weak which is kind of what I think is maybe feeling Feminine means.

So ladies if this nightie arrived at your house would it be hard to resist and be modeled pretty quickly ? If not why Not ? How do you think your Guy would react to seeing you holding up the nightie ?

nightie.jpg

No! I had some like that a long time ago and my husband hated them.. He said they made me look like a fairy.
    Last edited by char GG; 05-27-2018 at 08:18 PM.

[QUOTE=Robbiegirl;4244984]

What i don't understand is why so many of them don't wear the fun, comfy, feminine nighties they look so pretty in and that society lets them wear.
    ( my answer)Everyone has the right to wear what they want / just because you think the gowns like below are wonderful .... wear them/ your sisters ect should wear what they like. I personally see the gown you posted as not my cups tea / to me it’s ugly and old fashioned but if you like it wear it. But doesn’t everyone have the right to wear what they like?

You -Now I must admit I really will never understand what a women means when she says something makes her feel "FEMININE" What I do know though is the Nightie I posted below
    Makes a guy look and feel entirely Unmanly, Silly, and weak which is kind of what I think is maybe feeling Fem.
    my answer -To me being feminine is being strong.

(My answer)Femininity isn’t something that you can put on the outside. It comes from within! And wearing certain dresses, high heels or nightgowns doesn’t MAKE you feminine, that would be like suggesting that putting on scrubs and a surgeon’s mask makes you a surgeon.But can bring those fem feeling out.

You-So ladies if this nightie arrived at your house would it be hard to resist and be modeled pretty quickly ? If not why Not ?
    ( my answer) I think it’s old fashioned and ugly and not me.
    Again everyone has the right to like and wear what they like including you.
    Last edited by Di; 05-29-2018 at 03:54 AM.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Administrator

Ronnie, sounds like a good plan.

Robbiegirl, women (who are feminine by virtue of being women), are NOT silly or weak by any stretch of the imagination. This is just a dated stereotype. Why do they not want to wear frilly lingerie? There are lots of ways to be feminine. Frills or no frills are just fashion choices. I prefer the streamlined, elegant look myself. I do not find the yellow nightie appealing.
    Reine

Robbie, as a GG, feminine is a state of mind not dependent on clothes. A GG can feel extremely feminine in a tshirt and jeans. The reason I don't wear frills is because its not my taste and also nighties of any kind roll around my body and make me feel suffocated as I move a lot in my sleep. I get no pleasure out of the material so why should I put myself through it? Loungewear all the way for this girl...

Quote Originally Posted by Robbiegirl View Post
    Makes a guy look and feel entirely Unmanly, Silly, and weak which is kind of what I think is maybe feeling Feminine means.
    Women carry and birth life. Unmanly? Yes. Silly and weak? Explain. That idea is what societies base their devaluation of women on: That we are somehow the "weaker sex". I feel feminine when I do or wear something the accentuates my form and brings out my natural beauty. I don't wear nighties for the same reason as Cathreen. I'm a restless sleeper and don't like material bunching up around me during the night.

I do have a couple simple babydoll dresses that I wear around my house in warm weather because they're cheap and comfortable. But that particular one you've posted a pic of looks too babydoll for me. I like the cut of babydoll dresses, but when the style starts looking like a little girl's dress with lace and flowers and trim, that isn't my style. I don't like wearing dresses that have the design of little girls' dresses. That isn't the femininity I go for.
    "The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes “Awww!” -- Jack Kerouac

Robbiegirl,

I am only responding to your last thread regarding the baby-doll dress/nightgown here.

Yes, I do wear things that make me feel MORE feminine than others. I do FEEL more feminine in certain female attire. I honestly have a hard time relating to those that don't, but as has been pointed out, we are all different, and that is perfectly okay. Clothes do not ultimately change who I am, but they can be a costume of sorts. Like the doctor example; yes, putting these things on does not make you a doctor, but it can make you FEEL like a doctor. If that was not the case, then I need someone to explain Halloween, costume parties and masquerade balls to me... We are affected by what we put on our bodies, I believe this. A great pair of heels can make you walk with more confidence, wearing beautiful makeup can make you feel a little more pretty, a lovely silk dress can do wonders for a ladies confidence (even think of a Wedding dress! If clothing didn't matter, especially on a wedding day, then why would women bother with all the frills, lace, trains, veils, etc.?)... there are articles about this everywhere!

To simply explain it for me; when I was in the midst of suffering from clinical depression, I would have to travel by bus to our downtown area to see my therapist. When I first started going I wore "dowdy" clothing. Oversized sweaters or hoodies, ill fitting pants, baggy, bland colored t-shirts, runners, things like this. As my therapy progressed, my confidence increased, and my therapist noted to me one day the transformation in my clothing. A simple thing, but I had started dressing better, wearing nice jeans or pants, blouses or pretty tops, dress shoes (that I am more common to wear over runners about 98% of the time). He noticed a difference, and I FELT a difference. I felt better, I wanted to look better, I wanted to present to the world someone who cared about themselves and I wanted to feel that way. Feel like a pretty, strong, amazing woman again- Someone who I felt had been taken from me, by the world and it's demands, by my job and by my husband at the time.

Clothing, at least for me, does make a difference. I feel much more feminine (not at all "Unmanly, Silly, and weak") when I am wearing a dress and a pair of heels, or a tight fitting pair of jeans, a blouse and boots than I do in dowdy clothing, there is no denying that.

Now... and I have to chuckle here... I would probably not wear your lovely little frilly, yellow, lacy number posted above. Not that I think there is something wrong with that, but I much prefer a merrywidow with garter straps, stockings and heels. I would feel sexy and feminine in my outfit, I would feel slightly foolish in yours.

What I think, and again, this is only my opinion, is that men who dress as women, and there are all kinds, enjoy different aspects and styles of clothing, and that is perfectly okay. Some, perhaps like yourself, grew up with this idea (a generational thing) that femininity meant flowing gowns and nighties, perhaps with matching robes and slippers that were more like short heels with feathers on them. That is my picture of a lady from the '50's or '60's, when men (real manly men) wanted to be in charge and dominating and have their wives look younger, more youthful, and so that was how women dressed. But, as there are different types of women, with different ideas of femininity, there are just as many men with different ideas of femininity and also masculinity. You can't pigeonhole anyone, but you seem to struggle to understand they "Why?"'s, and that's okay, too.

I hope I didn't confuse you even more.

-g

Here is the question, why do some love to wear dresses, while others might stick to shorts and a Tshirt. I know sometimes working isn’t always easy in a dress or wanting to do something that might be messy, it all comes down to function. I wouldn’t work on a car in a dress or skirt.
    But do some of you like to wear a dress on a day to day errand trip? Going to work at the office or wherever you might work, unless its a mine or somewhere there is a specific uniform. I just don’t always see them now as much, as years ago, maybe times have changed with more women in the workforce like my car manufacturer I work at.

Pretty in Pink

Simple question and the answer is equally as simple: comfort. With a dress you always have to worry about hemline going higher than it should, cross your legs when you sit and can't bend over or do anything that requires you to be physically active ( gym is a good example, obviously). Dresses have a time and a place. Appropriateness of attire is drilled into most GGs as we were growing up, add to that that dresses were reserved for special occasions and not for when I was running around with the neighborhood kids playing and cycling, and you got your answer. Going to the supermarket in my 50s dresses will certainly earn me a few curious looks

Quote Originally Posted by confused_cathreen View Post
    Appropriateness of attire is drilled into most GGs as we were growing up, add to that that dresses were reserved for special occasions and not for when I was running around with the neighborhood kids playing and cycling, and you got your answer. Going to the supermarket in my 50s dresses will certainly earn me a few curious looks
    That reminded me of my childhood you had to change right away to play clothes.
    When I worked as an Optician I wore suits ( skirts and matching jackets ) . I have a sister that NEVER wears a dress ever / that’s just her style . My twin daughters one wears dresses and skirts most the time or shorts. Her twin rarely wears a skirt or dress prefers dress pants and a pretty top or jacket or cute jeans AND I love Gypsy skirts ( not in style prob but do not care) blue jean skirts maxi dresses but also wear cute jeans and cute leggings with tunic tops.
    I agree there is a time and place and some chores would look out of place wearing a skirt ( working on a car ect) but for the most part wear what you like / but if you don’t want to stand out and you are out and about dress to blend . Club wear sure at the club but not running errands ect - even a Gg would get a double look .
    Your not seeing them as much prob means styles change and different areas prob reflects different styles.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Administrator