Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Minimum time to dress

Minimum time to dress

I was wondering: What is your minimum time to dress? I mean - what is the amount of time you need in order to get as dress as you want (let's say full make up) from the moment you start + time to enjoy the girl vibe + time to get clean and back in boy mode.

For me - I guess some where in the 2-3 hours in order for me to start powder my nose.

Just being true to myself Jolene Robertson's Avatar
    Hi Gen,

I'm not sure what all you want included in this, dressing and getting back in drab? I would say most of the time it takes me around 30 min. to put on my makeup and get dressed (not jeans) put on my jewelry, wig, nails (not including drying time that's another 30 min.) As far as changing back with no signs another 30 min. So in all.... an hour to an hour and a half.

That doesn't count the hours of trying to decide what to wear, I have more clothes than my wife so it takes a while if I'm un-decided at the start. Usually I have a good idea what I want to wear before we go anywhere.

I'm fortunate that my wife knows and fully understands me so I'm usually not in a hurry to change back. It sure makes me easier for her to live with, when she's taking soooo long to get ready to go somewhere.

Looking forward to seeing some of the responses.

Hugs
    Jolene

Aspiring Member
    I typically have from 9 to 5 to dress, a few days a week. On those days, I go all the way, with makeup, usually a dress or skirt, etc.

Occasionally I can only go for a few hours. I'll then dress more casually: women's jeans or leggings, top, no makeup other than a touch of lipstick. In both cases, breast forms, underwear and wig. The reason for no makeup is that I want to maximize my time dressed, not losing any to the time needed to remove my makeup. It takes me about a half an hour to undo myself and remove all traces of evidence. Without makeup, I can do it in less than 10 minutes. Quick change of clothes, remove lipstick, and put everything away (DADT situation). In winter I also go out in that configuration to run errands if I have to, as the winter clothes hides most things and I don't mind wearing women's jeans in the wild.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    When I get to dress I like to have about 6-7 hours, not including getting ready or clean up. I can now get this at least once (twice if I'm lucky) a week. In the past I used to settle for 4 hours but that just isn't enough now. Given the chance I could spend days on end dressed. Oh yes, I'm a 'full works' or not at all dresser.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

I like to be really girly about it. Wash hair, then long hot shower, with a good scrub all over to exfoliate and shave chest hair as well as face, thorough rinse all over, then moisturiser all over. I don't do make up, though. Then half an hour to decide what to wear, lots of looking in the mirror, put everything on slowly and enjoy the feel of soft frillies, dry my hair and brush it, and off to face the day!

Platinum Member
    Hi Gen, I can open the closet door and be read to go in :30 minutes......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

In an hour I can look at the mirror and say OK (or WOW sometimes)... But taking in to account all the time to clean up and so, it's a little less than two hour. Two wonderful hours, let me say! I miss these two hours
    The best dress in my wardrobe? A happy smile!

Shower to out the door takes me about 2 hrs. That includes everything, i.e., shower, shave, makeup, choosing what I am going to wear, getting dressed, wig, putting everything I need in my purse and out the door. As far as changing back after I get I don't start right away. I want to enjoy being en femme for awhile longer. I usually get undressed take a shower and dress en femme for bed. I dress from the neck down for bedtime.

depends what im doing when im at home a few hours and then i get bored but when i go clubbing i guess the whole night.

After my shave.
    3-4 minutes for make up
    4 minutes to get dressed (maybe 6 minutes if I'm going somewhere nice & want to wear stockings).
    60 seconds to get my wig on

This look was was to go and get coffee and visit the blood bank, took about 10 minutes
    IMG_20170203_110004.jpg

Getting back to boy mode -
    3 minutes to remove make up (or 10 minutes if wife isn't happy with my 3 minute attempt)
    3 minutes to change in to boy clothes
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

I usually allow an hour for selecting an outfit, shower and shave, full makeup application, and getting dressed with breast forms, hip pad and all the trimmings and accessories. If I have pre-selected the clothes and accessories I plan to wear, and have already done any necessary body shaving and showering earlier that day, then to just shave my face, get dressed and apply my makeup and wig and padding takes half an hour, and I can be ready to go out.

I usually want to be able to enjoy a minimum of two hours of 'girl time' once I am dressed and ready to go out. Preferably more like 4 hours or the rest of the day. It doesn't seem worth the effort of getting all dolled up if I have an hour or less to enjoy myself before I have to take it all off again.

Tear-down takes me less than half an hour, for getting back into male clothing and removing all traces of makeup and perfume.

So I would say my absolute minimum time window for getting to have girl time is three hours: half an hour to get ready, two hours to enjoy myself, half an hour to revert back to male mode. An example of that might be getting dolled up right after dinner, then going to a bar or nightclub for couple of hours before returning home and going to bed.

More typical for me is to start my 'girly day' when I wake up, or maybe right after lunch. That gives me more time to enjoy myself. So a window of 8 to 16 hours.

I should probably note, I keep my finger nails done 24x7 in feminine style, and have pierced ears, so I have the feminine nails and pierced earrings even in male mode. But I wear male-appropriate earrings for the most part while in male presentation. That means when I 'go girly', I don't need to mess with my nails in either direction, and all I have to do for my ear jewelry is swap to more feminine earrings.

Platinum Member
    When I have the opportunity to be en femme it is usually seven hours of Stephanie time. I usually have my mind made up as to what outfit I am going to wear. It takes about ten minutes to dress and undress. The makeup? Forget it. Most women doing domestic chores or hanging around the house just do not use makeup. I just stay away from close up mirrors.

I need at least 2 hours to truly dress and enjoy it, or it's not worth the time. I'm one who enjoys being fully dressed with makeup, hip and butt pads, etc. - it's all or nothing. I can usually be dressed in 30-45 minutes, but I need some time to enjoy it before I need to return to male mode.
    "When you come to a fork in the road, Take it!" - Yogi Berra
    I guess I did!

Shower and full shave - 30 minutes. Full makeup - 20 minutes. Selecting an outfit - 10 minutes to 2 hours. Getting dressed - 5 to 10 minutes. I usually try to get the outfit selected at 3:00 in the morning when I am awake with nothing better to think about.

Dee

I would say I need 4 hours or it seems like it is not worth my effort (my prep time is rarely more then 20 minutes)
    Last edited by bridget thronton; 02-06-2017 at 09:46 AM.

Aspiring Member
    Already shaved beforehand, it takes me about 90 minutes for makeup, forms, wig, and clothes.

It takes me a minimum of 1.5 hours to put it all together.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Maybe an hour! Make up takes the longest! Usually know ahead of time what I will wear. Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

About one hour or a little less to dress up and do my makeup, more than that (one or two) to go back to guy mode. The reasons I need the extra time are nail glue and eyeliner. Nails come out randomly when you are in girl mode, but then the others often decide to hold on for dear life when you try to remove it. And I'm paranoid about traces of eyeliner showing -so I spend forever to make sure my eyes look clean. Reddish from the remover rubbing, but clean.

I had yesterday about 2.5 hours. get all dress up, makeup and wig.
    as I afraid to not use the time well, as i have only short periods once every few weeks, I change cloth a few times.
    I need be more come and just enjoy mi girl moment....

About 4 hours to turn into Miss Virginia, but since I am transitioning, I guess I have all the time I need.
    If I was in drab its about 4 hours to really make myself ready to go out

That all depend what are getting dress to do. Usually if you are just going to do errands, I usually can get dress in about 45min. That include shower, makeup and dressing.
    But if I am going out on a night, I take a little bit longer ... lot longer.

From shower to out the door if I rush I can be ready in about an hour. However I usually add in about 30 minutes to take my time and enjoy the process.

I can dress in about 30 at a minimum but that's assuming I don't need to shave my legs

Assuming that I am already shaved and showered, I would say that around 4 hours would be the minimum I would need to do it right and enjoy the moment. Sadly that not always happens at home.
    Sarah Adams, mature girl from NH. My photos are on Flickr under vintage4sarah !