Thread: Strange night

Strange night

I went to see Los Lobos this week, a truly legendary band. It did not occur, that them being musicians musicians, the whole music industry would be there. I walked in and realized I knew about a quarter of the people there, and the vast majority had never met Paula.
    I called out, or waved to a few before realizing- They had no clue who I was, even some facebook friends.
    It was both kinda 'outer limits', and cool at the same time. Mark, who had been in a band with me gave me a totally 'deer in the headlights' look. A bunch of others did not reciprocate my greeting, cause I was just some woman, probably waving at someone behind them.
    Just for context, I retired from the music business five years ago, and moved 80 miles away to transition.
    I felt like I was in that movie, where someone drifts around a party, but no one sees him.
    And now, back to our regular programming.

very interesting..

I worked at a huge company and recently walked through the building to get to the subway...

i ran into a group of people that i all knew pretty well... they all knew i transitioned...none of them recognized me..

i talked to them and reminded them and got lots of hellos... but it was very strange.
    I am real