Thread: Nat Geo

Nat Geo

How many watched Katie Coueic gender revolution very interesting show what did you think
    hugs
    Ronda

I am on the west coast, so it has not come on yet....have another two ours. Looking forward to watching it. Hope it is presented in a positive way.

I just watch this event and I thought is was well done. The target audience was not our community and as a vehicle for bringing forth all the issues that are Gender related, they really did a good job. The style was well done and the confusion among the CIS world seemed to really come through. I was very happy to see Yale University has taken the lead as a Academic institution to bring the energy of allowing for all people to exist as they feel they need too. I highly recommend watching this if you are deeply in the closet and need to see how the world is evolving. Great Job Nat Geo....2 hrs is never long enough but they did a great job.

Saw it at 9-11 EST. Enjoyed seeing Dr Bowers, and Renee Richards a contemporary of my time and views.

Had quite a bit on Intersex, ambiguity at birth, Trans Youth, and TS/TG (MtF and FtM), and NB, and Third sex/gender.
    None on CD. Not to start a controversy but most CD say not a Gender identity problem, but a gender (clothing) presentation issue. Maybe that should have been explored.

Helped understand gender identity better and why some people eventually choose to live as the gender opposite of their birth gender but it did nothing to explore why some of us who are cisgender choose to crossdress.

I thought it was outstanding!

Silver Member
    Geogette gave a great synopsis. I thought it was well done enough for the time allotted. I really wish CDing could have been covered as well. All in all it was very basic, and nothing I haven't known for a while.

But are you ready for the BEST part? My wife worked till 1100 last night (she really needs to work on work/home life balance) I saw that it was on and decided to watch it from my bedroom. My 18 Y.O. son, whom I am not out to, was in the house. My 20 Y.O. son who says he's Trans was at work, but got home at 10 and watched part of it with me. BUT I noticed that someone had put it on record. I asked #1, he said no. He asked #2 he said no. I thought maybe #1 forgot he set it to record.

My wife got home right after it was over. We watched the news. And she says "oh yeah, there's that gender thing that I recorded" In a POSITIVE tone. Now I know she's thinking more of our oldest, but HALLELUJAH! An opportunity, an answer to a prayer.

And I ask all of you that do pray to say a prayer for me and mine for some enlightenment, peace and communication!

Apologies if I am running on too long, or seem overly enthusiastic, but I've been praying on this a long time, and maybe my prayers are being answered!

Meghan,

That is positive!!

You're always in our prayers
    (not in a bad way, lol)
    Last edited by JustJoni; 02-07-2017 at 08:23 AM. Reason: Added quantifier
    In between the bright lights and the far, unlit unknown...

Genderfluid Swiftie DanielleLee's Avatar
    Yes! I was able to watch and thought it was very positive for the Trans community. While many here that CD isn't gender related and that are totally a CIS Male (I would disagree or at least tell them to add a asterisk after the CIS)... there are just as many that feel it is.

I think what was most interesting was the inclusion of other cultures where the third gender is celebrated.

People whose gender identity is opposite their birth sex are fundamentally different from those who identify as male and like to dress up as women. It may be a good thing that crossdressing isn't included in such shows that address transsexualism, or viewers will continue to think we're the same. There don't seem to be any shows that take a serious look at crossdressing - gender presentation apart from gender identity.

Yes, I watched it. I thought the presentation was good. Since the focus was on the transgendered, there was no mention of people like me who like to present as women but would not be considered transgendered.
    Hugs, Carole

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Not much new territory covered for me. Except I was impressed about the progress trans have made in a short time!
    That, plus Renee Richards is my inspiration!
    If she can be that active at 82? Maybe I have more Sherry time left than I thot!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Genderfluid Swiftie DanielleLee's Avatar
    It seems some don't understand that being transgender isn't exclusive to those who are transsexual. There is a gender spectrum, which IMO was the focus of the show as a whole.

It seems, as evidenced through Renee Richards, that older folks believe in a either/or boy/girl approach to gender. (E.g you're one or the other, which simply isn't true)

I apparently missed it here on the east coast.. I wonder if there's any rebroadcast soon...I would suppose I could check that

I need to find it on one of the streaming services... if anyone see's it pop up on Hulu or something let everyone know for those who missed it :-)

There is a thread in the media section about this
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations