Thread: My progress in transitioning

My progress in transitioning

I started HRT on November 1, 2016 taking Estradiol pills. In early January I switched to taking Estradiol Cypionate by injection. I have now received 3 shots. So far I have not seen the results I am hoping for, but my endocrinologist says change will happen, and that I just need to be patient. She is right, but being patient is not easy. I have to do a lab test around March 20th, to check progress. I hope that maybe then she will increase the dosage.

On Monday I filed papers with the Superior Court of California in San Diego to change my name and gender, and that will hopefully be done by the end of March. Then I can get my drivers license changed. Then I will need to make the changes with Social Security.

Right now I am working, but it is not permanent and is out of state. I want to find something in California. I anticipate continuing in my current employment until the end of May. I am not working as Grace in this position, and I do not see that changing, so it is imperative I find a position where I can be my true self. Also, I think it would be better to have a fresh start where I will be only known as Grace.

I want to have SRS done in the next 2 years. For myself, I feel SRS is absolutely essential.

For me I find myself to be excited and yet scared at the same time.
    Last edited by grace7777; 03-16-2017 at 12:15 AM. Reason: Change year

I can relate to the impatience of changes while on any form of hrt , I did the same thing and one morning I looked and went now where did you girls come from lol in about 6 mo's I have a aa cup and growing

Change is always scary even if it's for the best. Your doctor is right. Be patient. Everyone responds to HRT differently. I started HRT in June of 2012. I didn't start noticing changes until last summer.

Congratulations on your progress so far, and as many have said on this site before, patience and your results may vary from someone else's. I wish you the best on your journey and please enjoy the trip as much as the destination.

Wait for the lab test. If your endo gets your blood estradiol at the right level, then you will see changes. They may take time, but they will come.
    Carries a spray bottle of "pink fog" around with her in her purse at all times.

Thanks ladies for the responses.

You are all very correct, change does take time.

Allie.
    Thanks for the good wishes. I am enjoying the trip. It has been great to reach some of the destinations I have already gotten to. One of them was HRT, a destination I plan to reach soon is having my name and gender legally changed. Then I plan to proceed to living as a woman 24/7. Within a few years I hope to have SRS. After that I imagine I will find a new destination to go to. Four years ago I never expected I would even take this Journey.

Grace

Hang in there, Grace. You just started puberty--- Eventually you will see the results. Congratulations on being on top of all that difficult legal paperwork. You are making progress. Don't despair!
    Marie

Thanks for the encouragement Marie.

Yes patience. The only alternative is impatience ... which gets you where you want to go no quicker. I think you will see results with the injections ... it's much more efficient than pills. I'm into my second year of waiting for the SRS -- suppose to come this November. We all deserve much better care, but things are improving. Life will get very exciting for you soon!! Take care Grace.

All of that sounds terrific. You mentioned since 2015 you've been on hrt. For nearly two years and still little result? Do you mind explaining more about your progress or areas that lack progress. I completely Understand if it's too personal.

Actually I meant 2016. Need to do a better job proofreading.

I think excited & scared are appropriate for our situations in transitioning. On one hand it is imperative to go through all the surgeries and on the other it is worry some because of what could happen under the knife. Personally I was living a slow death before all my surgeries were performed. I figured if I died under the knife then it was meant to be. At least I wouldn't have to die slowly anymore. DON'T get me wrong I want to LIVE but i needed to face reality as well. All of this can be scary. The changes with you will happen because it sounds like you are now taking control of your own needs. One day at a time. As each day passes and the changes slowly take place you will become more excited and less worried. Hang in there.

Hey, you'll get there. Don't be too impatient (I know, its really hard). I started my own HRT in September, and I didn't see major changes till ~January, and things have accelerated a bit since to the point I had to seriously come out a to pretty much everyone in my non-professional life. Obviously everyone reacts differently, but you'll get to a better place.

Hi Grace, hang in there! I'm in the same spot as you, trying to be patient.

I started one month after you, on a low dose. The changes, if any, have been subtle so far. I can't call them 'breasts' yet, really - not even an A cup - they look like a male chest with slightly puffy nipples :P
    Like you, I'm hoping for an increased prescription at my next appointment.
    "Your hands are cold but your lips are warm..."

I have some updates to post.

On March 24, 2017 I had a Court hearing in which my name and gender was legally changed, so now I am legally Grace Naomi and female. It feels great to get this done. After the court hearing I went to Social Security to get my name and gender changed with them. Today I logged into my social security account and the name change has been made online.

I am wanting to change my drivers license, but I have to wait to get my Security Card before I can change my drivers license. It will take around 2 weeks to get my Social Security card. A little disappointing here.

My estrogen level was at 30 before I started HRT. After 2 months of pills it went up to 31. That was a little discouraging. In January I started injections of Estradiol Cypionate and had a lab test done on March 12, and my estrogen level went up to 57 which was encouraging. My Endocrinologist increased my dosage. I am now also on Spironolactone.

Hopefully the increased dosage will help my breast growth. Today I took a measurement of myself at the breastbone and then around the breasts and there was an inch difference.

Grace
    Last edited by grace7777; 03-25-2017 at 05:58 PM. Reason: we do not allow dosages to be discussed in this part of the forum

Oh, wow. If you weren't on T blockers before, yeah, it would be super slow going. I went on Spiro when I started HRT and my Estradiol level was up to 95, and my T down to 21 after 2 months (NOTE: my testosterone was naturally low at about 200 before I even started, so YMMV on that one). You'll probably notice a lot more pronounced changes now that you're suppressing your testosterone.