Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Petticoats and Dresses

i love dreessing up as a maid is one of my favorites things to do

Brought up in the 50's, the time of full skirts and paper nylon crinoline petticoats which rustled delightfully. I still have a couple of originals but at waist 32 they are now too small to wear. I have three petticoats that are nylon organza which fill out a skirt but are not as scratchy or hose damaging as stiff nylon tulle.

I'm not all that big on petticoats but I love a nice tulle skirt. So femme..

Lauren

Banned Read only
    Lexi, that photo of you in that maid's outfit with the black hose and heels is one of the top sexy pics I have ever seen on this forum. And I know sexy when I see it. XOXOXO Scarlett

Aspiring Member
    I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy them. Hardly anything I would want to wear daily, but for special occasions maybe - I like designs with a defined shape to them. They do actually fill out a bit of fullness for you regardless of their construction. While wearing a voluminous ball gown does have some appeal to me, it's quite inconvenient to say the least. But under a knee-length A-line skirt, a petticoat might just be the thing to give the skirt a little volume.

I have a question on this. Seems like the CDs know all the special tricks of feminine finery.

I got two petticoats/crinolines, one short and one longer, to wear under some dresses always around knee length.
    I wore one for around Halloween time under one of my black lace Goth style dress. I don't do special costumes. It was stiff and scratchy on my bare legs, I don't wear anything but panties/knickers under my dresses. Does one need to wash or something to make them less scratchy.

Slept over at a friends and decided not to wear it for the taxi trip back to my car. Felt weird, just balled it up to hand carry home.

I love petticoats with long pretty dresses (the short maid outfits, not so much). Petticoats with pretty dresses signal femininity and beauty like nothing else. Well, at least to me, probably based on my 1950s upbringing.
    I love myself in curves!

Aspiring Member
    I just love petticoats, crinolines and slips. I have 2 x slips, one black, the other white, and I wear them most of the time when I am dressed or underdressed. Just love the feel of them. Also have a black half-slip, and a short layered slip to go under a rock-a-billy dress. It’s a bit scratchy, but I guess will soften up with use.
    Would love to get more, especially a long petticoat such as would go under a long skirt or wedding dress. One day.

Vikky
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adventure before dementia

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlaWestin View Post
    I got a fabulous petticoat with my first french maid dress. I wear it with lots of my other skirts for that extra little poof effect. Try one under a skater skirt.
    Like this favorite.

3453p.JPG
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Quote Originally Posted by Georgette_USA View Post
    I have a question on this. Seems like the CDs know all the special tricks of feminine finery.

I got two petticoats/crinolines, one short and one longer, to wear under some dresses always around knee length.
    I wore one for around Halloween time under one of my black lace Goth style dress. I don't do special costumes. It was stiff and scratchy on my bare legs, I don't wear anything but panties/knickers under my dresses. Does one need to wash or something to make them less scratchy.

Slept over at a friends and decided not to wear it for the taxi trip back to my car. Felt weird, just balled it up to hand carry home.
    What you need is pettipants to protect your legs from the scratchy material. You can get them in all styles, colors and lengths to match your petticoats.

Also most petticoats are very bulky for storage. I save the zippered plastic bags that linens and curtain panels come in and stuff my petticoats in them. It doesn't seem to affect their fullness scrunching them up like that.
    Last edited by LilSissyStevie; 02-26-2017 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSissyStevie View Post
    What you need is pettipants to protect your legs from the scratchy material.
    Thank You for that idea. Didn't know they still make them. Found an ad for "MaleShapeWear Nylon Pettipants", not too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Georgette_USA View Post

Actually Georgette it's likely the material used in your petticoats that makes them scratchy. The less expensive ones use a somewhat stiff material to give the proper volume to the petticoats, while the more expensive ones either use a large volume of soft material to give that same fullness or alternating layers of soft and stiff material. The extra material and extra sewing needed because of all that extra material can increase the cost quite a bit. An easy way to which is which is to look at the number of yards of material used to make the petticoats. Given the same fullness and length, more yards means a better petticoat.

For those looking for this style of petticoat and/or pettipants, for beginning shoppers, Resashay to the rescue. Quite fine products, too. Malco Modes and Sam's both make good products, and, once you know your size, can be found for a fraction of the price on your favorite auction site on the net.
    Resashay here:
    http://www.resashay.com/
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Thanks for the link sometimes miss.

Banned Spammer
    I have tried on Petticoats. I ordered one 3 days ago. I have to go in and get fitted properly for it. I don't know why but it was ok when I tried it on. The lady said it fits well but before anything is final she wants it to fit like they are suppose to. Has me worried a little. Then this second hand store they don't mind I try something on in fact the one lady there said she has had a few "dressers" come in and she likes to help with items make sure everything fits well. I think she is more curious than anything. Either way I love the older style dresses. Long skirts are great to wear on really cold days.