Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Highway Pratrol stopped me

I has a trooper stop me in my old truck. I had lost my front plate and that was his initial excuse for stopping me. I wasn't fully dressed, though I has a little eyeliner, my hair in a ponytail through a ball cap, small stuff like that... He did call me Mam though.
    Anyway, he said I stopped you because your front plate is gone and you were not wearing your seat belt. (OSP is nuts on the subject of seat belts and POI) I'm like "What do you mean I wasn't wearing my seat belt, you just watched me unbuckle to get my POI and registration from the glove box!" then he back peddled "oh well back a ways..." he then asks about the plate, and i explained I just notice, and have been checking the lost and found at the places I've been lately. then he's all "I'm going to give you a break on that if you promise to take care of it, however, I have to write you for the seat belt. (I checked, the plate would have been a bigger fine)
    Anywho, I go before the judge, plea no contest, told my side(officer watched me unbuckle) the judge looked over the report, and said, "well I don't see in the report where the officer says he actually saw you driving without a belt, so I'm going to find you not guilty."
    I think the bottom line here is, it's an older truck with a missing plate, (profiled me as poor) so he was most likely wanting an excuse to look for proof of insurance.

I think in the case of the OP, the patrolman may have been wanting to see, GPS or "fuzz-buster" and maybe a POI check as well. Sounds like he was intent on seeing the POI from the way story was told...

Silver Member
    I've had 3 encounters with deputies while partially dressed and wearing lipstick. One deserved citation for expired tabs. All went well each time. I asked the citing deputy if my femme appearance would be reflected in any way on the citation, and he said no. He was very courtious towards me, and I thanked him for that. He smiled and said you're welcome.

Sounds like he was intent on seeing the POI from the way story was told...
    The insurance companies are leaning on the cops to check POI at every opportunity. And that's a heavy fine in any state. Sometimes they even tow your vehicle. Next time a cop asks for my POI, I'm going to ask him which insurance company he works for! In most states, there is nothing in the insurance laws to regulate the companies or their rates. You have to buy it, and they are free to charge as much as they can.

In the U K the police have A N P R ( automatic number plate recognition ) in the police cars because insurance and mot and drivers details have to be registered with the D V LA , (driver and vehicle licence authority ) so they don-t even have to get out of their cars unless its something else
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Hugs J-JAY

Never underestimate the power of brains and a push up bra.

Never complain about growing old, far too many people have been denied that privilege".

Aspiring Member
    Alissa, This happened in the early afternoon. The officer did not address me as male of female. He was polite and courteous, and did not address how I was dressed. He asked where I was coming from, which made it difficult to concentrate on finding my registration while trying to answer his q's. Phillipa, my license is kept in a window in my wallet where it is visible when opened. I really don't know why I was pulled over and do not believe it was because I was going 78. When I politely disputed 80, he was quick to say "well it was downhill". While I'm sure I don't pass up close, at 78 mph, it would seem to be difficult to be completely read. After he pulled up beside me, it had to be about something other than speed. A similar stop happened last year, also in Kansas so be careful when driving in Kansas.

I have no intent to ever set foot in Kansas. You were probably pulled over because he had no activity in his daily log for the past hour. I'm not being smart. At the end of the shift, the captain or sergeant says, "What did you do all afternoon, or night". In the semi rural area where I live, the night 8pm to 4am shift comes on and they make one traffic stop after another. Maybe 10 stops in the next hour and a half. Then the radio goes silent for the rest of the night, unless they get some BS run for a car/deer accident or other. I've seen them sleeping in one of the roadside parks on several occasions.
    Last edited by MelanieAnne; 02-11-2017 at 08:07 PM.

I have been stopped when I was getting gas and was partially dressed wearing garter belt and stockings under my tight jeans. I was actually frisked and I knew he felt the straps of the garter belt. This was because someone robbed a store and my car was the same color. He never said anything and wished me a good night.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    OK Carla. I have to ask. What was the retort from either officer.
    A little more story. It was the eighties and there was still quite a bit of perceived homophobia. And, I would drive around fully dressed very late at night. I was taking a short cut behind some businesses that had been broken into previously and the cops were on stakeout. The comment came as they were just starting to understand that I really wasn't any threat. We actually had a good laugh and I was on my way.

Quote Originally Posted by MelanieAnne View Post
    Was that when they tazed you?
    That only happens when I disobey Mistress!
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

before I moved down to the lower 48 I worked risk mgmt and enforcement in denali nat'l park for 10 years after leaving the commercial fisheries so i worked close in hand with nps enforcement rangers but even closer with the alaska troopers of which I learned much from them , fast forward and am living in wash.sate in the wenatchee area and at the time of this it was our annual apple blossom festival, well the troopers had been stopping every 7th car for whatever reason , I got tagged and all I did with this trooper is politely and professionally ask him repeatedly why I was stopped ,in short he gave up with me and curtly told me to have a nice day on the funny side later he pulled me over again this time fair and square and mentioned my tags were expired and I realized that I had not put them on when I picked them up ,they were in my rig and I showed them to him ,and he was all good with that ,and I mentioned jokingly as long as he were there would he mind installing the tags?? he got a good laugh out of that

Platinum Member
    Never run from the police.... I had a very frightening experience, when a local patrol car pulled right up to my house as I walked around the neighborhood in the evening. He told me to come to his car, and I did...shaking visibly, I'm sure. He asked me what I was up to, and I told him the truth, I was really just taking a stroll on a quiet summer evening. He said there had been "complaints" about a man dressed as a woman, walking around the neighborhood. But, he spared me the indignity of sitting in the patrol car. We instead talked for about 10 minutes in my house. I explained who I was ...professionally and personally, and that this part of me had been present my entire life. I wasn't out to offend or molest. His initially gruff demeanor shifted to empathy. As he left, he told me that I need not worry about being stopped again. I guess he was convinced I wasn't out to hurt anyone

I have had a similar experience. Driving home from a party I had on a black bodystocking, black heels and a thong. Nothing else. He pulled me over and even had me get out of the car and stand next to his vehicle while he wrote me a speeding ticket. I didn't have a wig, or makeup on. Just a guy dressed. I was so freaked but he didn't say nothing and I went on my way

Another reason why you may have been randomed to think about. Were you on 70 or other co highways headed east? Kansas has high revenue from people traveling to Co back through Kansas with loads of "recreational accoutrements" I was warned about it a few years back when I drove to Denver for a conference. I don't use recreational accoutrements but nonetheless ppl asked why I would drive from chi to Denver instead of a plane.

Only ventured out driving a few times, but being pulled over is my biggest worry. I'm in the closet and my drivers license shows me with a full beard

Aspiring Member
    In spite of it all, I AM still surprised you got stopped for doing only 78!

I am not at all surprised. I have been stopped by the WA state police for doing (they said) 63 in a 60 zone and for 56 in a 55 zone. Those were expensive tickets. I tried to get a local lawyer with a good reputation to represent me. He told me that he was tired of losing speeding cases to every corrupt judge within a hundred miles. He advised that I should just pay up and not to waste my money on him.

On the other side of the state line in Genessee, Idaho, up to Viola, Idaho, the state cops add 14 mph to the charge. I got a ticket for doing 58 in a 60 zone. The state cop wrote it up as 72. I am an engineer. I know how to calibrate a speedometer. I have heard the same story from many other folks and it averages a 14 mph increase. There is a corrupt judge in the county seat who makes it pointless to take it to court. The one time that I got a ticket there and took it to court, the same corrupt judge threatened to make up more charges if I said anything in court. The locals just smile when they hear stories like this. They know the cops and that judge and where they operate. The place is a remote college town with two state universities and that is how the local government makes its extra money off the students and tourists.

Be careful. Several states have popular songs about corrupt judges.

Quote Originally Posted by MelanieAnne View Post
    I have a real problem with this. It's happening everywhere. They stop you for the slightest reason, or even make up a reason, "We're looking for a vehicle like yours", just to stop you and run you through the computer. It's not much different than checkpoints, which were ruled illegal by the courts. They check your drivers license, registration, insurance, check you for warrants, then let you go with some BS warning for something you didn't do in the first place.

A similar thing happened to me a few years ago, when I was on my way home from work, in guy mode, around 3am. I knew the cops in a certain community were bad, and I was going EXACTLY the speed limit. A cop sneaks up behind me with his headlights out, and suddenly lights me up and stops me. He comes up to my window, and insults my intelligence by telling me I was going about 10 miles over the limit. Then he quickly says not to worry about it, he just needs to check my license and my sobriety. He shines his flashlight around in my car and lets me go. In 1930s Munich, they used to say, "Your papers please". What they do today is no different!!!
    I agree 100% with all of this. They want to make sure they keep their databases up to date i guess is a valid reason and it's not. with all the laws on the books, there is no way for you to keep up with them all and neither can they though they act like they know them.

I was in court once for a BS ticket for "running a yellow light" which the law clearly states that if you can not stop or feel you can not safely stop, you are to proceed through the intersection. I quoted the law, by number, to the JUDGE and he wanted to recess to go look up the law. Obviously I did not allow him to do so because he is suppose to be fully verse in the laws he is judging people for violating but this example makes my point, they only know the laws if it benefits their city.

Driving up along side of you, dropping back and pulling you over is a violation of your rights. they know very well they didn't have any probable cause and they make it up on the fly. The OP did admit she was speeding though so no rights were stripped at will and she got off lucky all the way around not that CDing is against any law that I am aware of.
    Last edited by ~Joanne~; 02-26-2017 at 03:39 PM.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

That only happens when I disobey Mistress![/QUOTE]

LOL!!! love it!!