Thread: Work at a Clothing Store Dressed Up?

Work at a Clothing Store Dressed Up?

Have any of you ever worked for or applied to a clothing store like Ross, Burlington Coat Factory, K & G, or whatever - dressed up as a passable woman? How did it fare out? I'm thinking of doing this! -- But I don't want to be a cashier, - just a stock and floorperson.

Edit: I'd only be doing this PT to earn up to $835 / month, in order to keep my SSDI & Medicare.
    Last edited by KateSpade83; 02-11-2017 at 04:16 AM.

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    Nope, working wouldn't be worthy of my crossdressing time. Rather have fun!

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    I've always wanted to work at a corset/lingerie shop. But just as a stockboy. So I could work late after the store closed and try on everything.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Carla, you working in a corset/lingerie store is like putting a nun in a house of ill repute. One of two things would happen and both could be shocking!!!!!!

I would never want to work in a ladies clothing/lingerie shop cause it might make dressing into a job vs something I really enjoy
    Last edited by cdinmd206; 02-11-2017 at 10:35 AM.

Sounds Intriguing, let us know how it turns out!

I don't know if it was this web site or another but I do remember a girl getting a job at a woman's clothing store. Unfortunately I can't remember any other details.

I say go for it and good luck.

I never have, but in the last city I lived in, one clothing store in particular had a "girl" my friend pointed out and swore was either crossdressing on the job or transitioning. I hadn't noticed her at first because I was distracted by dresses and heels off in the corner. When she was at the register checking out, she chatted the girl up and I started paying attention.

Her height and body dimensions made me wonder if she really was as my friend pointed out. The slightly off "Russian" accent was interesting as her voice was rather borderline either direction. My friend made mention of a slight bulge in her nether regions but I didn't check because I make it a rule not to stare at people's crotches.

All things considered, whichever route she was taking (and the couple of other times I saw her in there made me think transition the way she tried to blend in) I applaud her because I don't believe the vast majority of their customers would have thought she wasn't a girl to begin with.

Kate if you find a job available you can apply for it.

The conditions of the job will presented to you. You may have to be asked to fill any suitable role if you were successful.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

I remember in college, I was employed to "assist" the women's volleyball team.. I went with them to the games, helped at practice. put away everything. but I still recall walking into the locker room storage areas where they hung the cheerleading uniforms. I was in heaven, and dreamt many times of me "borrowing" one to try on

Was out shopping with my wife and saw someone at H&M working dressed. My wife actually pointed it out. I am happy to see people being able to express themselves and have the confidence to do so. Totally awesome

Aspiring Member
    That has always been a dream of mine.

I'm retired and don't want another job. Spent my time so I could have the time later in life to dress, be myself, fish, hunt, work around the farm when I want and oh yeah did I say dress...

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    I worked for Sephora during the holiday, I LOVED it, the customers there were really cool, even though it was the busy holiday season, i guess everyones happy to be in sephora LOL....but it was a great experience, and i had nothing but smiles and friendly comments come my way, what i really loved, while working the register and seeing the long line, you could visually see people like "Oh wow, a trans girl works here "....and that they were excited and curious to have their first interaction with a trans person. It was a great experience, and it was a great way to respresnt & help make our community more visable and accepted in the world.

Banned Read only
    How about working in Payless wearing heels and girl pants for a starter, if that went well then add a little more and then a little more. It would help the public and women accept seeing a guy in fem. clothes. It would also allow CD's to feel more comfortable and come in and buy shoes. In the "Customer Reviews" section on the Payless web site I suggested a comment section for how/why CD's enjoyed wearing women's clothes and shoes and to see what the Payless customers thought and how they felt trying on shoes next to a CD.

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    I worked at Lane Bryant but never let anyone there know about Allison. Honestly, they would not have cared as long as I was professional. I work at Vanity Fair right now. One manager knows, one former peer knew, and I joked with the previous store manager that it seemed wrong that males have to wear full trousers year round but females could wear capris. She told me I could wear anything in the female dress code and no one could do anything about it. So, go ahead. Just understand that you will probably get some odd looks and treatment from customers.

I do wear women's jeans quite often at work, fyi.

Keep in mind that not all states/countries have workplace protections for gender identity, so be prepared and informed of the laws of where you live.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I worked at my local airport for a summer season, out on the ramp servicing aircraft. I was told at the induction that uniform was provided, and you could have trousers, or a skirt, because, quote; 'we can't discriminate'. However it was also stated that you might get some funny looks, but if that's what you want just ask!
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Actually one time I was in a skirt suit shopping at Burlington Coat Factory and a lady customer goes up to me asking something as if I worked there. Another time at Border's - there was a transman at the cashier station I was paying at. I asked [him/her] - "Were you once a woman?" [He / She] didn't want to answer. Even though [he/she] had facial hair [he/she] still had a somewhat feminine voice.

In the Philippines now, I rarely see ladyboys around anymore... Hmmm.... I go back to USA March 5, 2017. Might be two months before I give this a try. Because I want to possibly have work experience dressed up and to have it a positive experience so that when I get a professional job I will tell them it no big deal to dress up.

... And uh... Isn't it a NWO agenda to have transgender stuff going on?

If you referring to presenting as a woman all of the time at work, there are plenty of transwomen in similar types of positions. I know a few who have or are successfully doing it. To an outside observer, no one knows if you are a crossdresser (i.e., not transitioning) or a transwoman unless you tell them. If you referring to presenting sometimes as male and sometimes as female then it is probably going to be more difficult to find a position since that behavior will be viewed more as a crossdresser and perhaps a variation of gender queer. Regardless of fairness, and it is murky territory, most view transitioning/transitioned transwomen differently than crossdressers. With some exceptions, it is no one's business whether you are a crossdresser or transwoman so you do not need to reveal it. And speaking of no one's business.....

It was rude, inconsiderate and insensitive to ask the cashier about their gender status or history especially in a public setting. Really? Get a clue. It is none of your business. I do not blame him for ignoring you and you are lucky that is all that happened. Yes, him. If someone is presenting as male, the proper pronouns are "he" and "him" unless you are told otherwise. If you are unsure, avoid using pronouns. Him/her? He/she? Get a clue.

No I wasn't that rude. I was going to start a conversation of how I'm opposite, that I want to dress up as a woman. But the transman was too shy to talk about his obvious status. And I didn't scream it out, ok? I was just trying to connect a little.

Kate, you have to realise not everyone wants to talk about there history. I think it was extremely rude of you to ask such a question.
    Its not about how quietly you ask its about the location. When they are working its not appropriate to ask. You have also not considered the fact you could have been wrong.

Maybe in a TG group meeting you can ask ask about these things but not in public.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

I think I'd be quietly studying this individual...Might learn something useful, and push me a bit as well....might even go say hello if the moment was convenient. Very cool indeed

lover of hosiery wantstocrossdress's Avatar
    @KateSpade83 where r u in the philippines? I can't send u a pm, inbox full?
    Last edited by Lorileah; 02-19-2017 at 01:18 PM. Reason: didn't need all taht to ask tt question

I'm at my cousin's place in Quezon City. I cleared my inbox of 8 messages...

lover of hosiery wantstocrossdress's Avatar
    pm sent
    Last edited by Lorileah; 02-19-2017 at 01:18 PM. Reason: no need to quote post above yours