Thread: Trips to the post office

Trips to the post office

I've been ready to start venturing out of the house for a while now, but out of sight. Usually this means going for a drive, dressed, with my SO, under cover of night. Well, just driving around is pointless to me, unless you have a purpose, so this quickly ceased to amuse us. So I started thinking about various places to go. Parks are closed at night, as are libraries, both places I feel I could hide if needed, and any stores open 24/7 are most likely staffed with bored and lonely workers who will walk up and ask if I need anything. I know they probably don't care about me being dressed as a woman, but I'm still trying to get over that mental barrier with little baby steps. Then it hit me: some USPS locations are open 24/7, at least the P.O. box section, and are usually deserted after 8:00 PM! Well, it just so happens that my wife occasionally has a package or two to mail after work, so there's a reason for me to go out! I've been a few times, twice even by myself! Oh, what a freeing feeling it has been to get out dressed!

I just thought I'd share this little tidbit with anyone else in my situation, and ask if there's anywhere else you'd recommend going? Again, I'm not quite ready to interact with people just yet, but maybe in a few months once I've mastered communication!
    Last edited by Alice 23; 02-13-2017 at 06:52 PM.
    Jack of all trades, master of none;
    But better by far, than a master of one!

Just be careful and choose the place you do go where there's not many people, it seems these would be the placees to get yourself in trouble by the criminal element. I would imagine where there's more folks around that would not be the case. I'm just a country dresser so really don't know.

I like your positive attitude and your successes with your little steps. A lot of times those little steps work great, and sometimes you just need to take one or more larger ones. There is so much to see and enjoy out there in the real world as Alice, and so little time to do it all! Good luck.

Congrats on getting out there! Small steps are good a little at a time! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Banned Read only
    Over the years I have commented on things to do when out for a drive. One recommendation has been a drive to mail a letter at a post office. Another is to seek out those free newspaper boxes all over town. Another is to buy a can of soda or water from a self service vending machine. There are many of those outside grocery stores. I always find a library book to return to the night return slot. At the library I return books to I park across the street rather than inside the parking lot so it causes me to journey across a wide street and go up the steps to the slot.

Here is the Pacific Northwest it rains a lot. I especially love a gently falling rain in the early evening which makes me pull out an umbrella. It gives me the opportunity to stroll down streets and actually pass by other people coming home from work. The umbrella works well to shield my face and to some extent hide my six foot height. In the residential area I take a stroll in it is easy to make a pleasant circuit around blocks and return to my car. The only other recommendation for a stroll in the cool evening air is to wear a shoe with deadening material on the sole and heel. I have a nice wedge. Otherwise the clicking of a narrow heel with sound through the neighborhood. Walking on concrete will ruin a heel and kill your feet.

Banned Read only
    Alice you can do this in the broad daylight and wearing heels. Go to a cementary and walk up and down the streets as if you are looking for a grave. It's wide open so if you see anyone coming you can go back to your car. And you can enjoy looking at your clothes in the broad daylight. And all those that reside there won't say a thing.

Not to be a downer but post offices have cameras everywhere. Be careful. Also, how about stopping at the train station to check the posted schedule?