Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pink Fog

Pink Fog

I've seen the term pink fog mentioned in a number of threads. Is there a common definition? I think I've been in a pink fog since 1970 lol. Lately it's only when I'm extremely busy at work or interacting with people do I stop thinking about dressing up.

Symptoms are: shortness of breath, flush of face, the crazy feeling of anxiety in your chest or stomach, your eyes blurring and hard to focus on anything else than the makeup pictures of those luscious red lips in those lipstick pictures, becoming weak in the knees as you walk thru the women's shoes and especially the heel department just thinking you'd love to see if they have a certain heel in a 14, and all as you try to hide all the above emotions and tensions happening at the same time while walking thru the women's department at your favorite store.

It is used frequently here for when the urge to dress becomes very strong and you have trouble controlling it
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Pink fog is very dangerous to your wallet and involves a strong urge to buy female clothing and accessories! Then dress in the clothes and accessories in a wild and unpredictable manner! Sometimes it can be controlled but not easily! LOL Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Pink Fog [pingk fawg]

noun

a gender variant state of mental confusion or unawareness; daze; often used as an excuse for poor behavior
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

I have a pretty good case of pink fog going on right now. It's challenging to keep it in balance.

Partly we start acting like 14 year old girls. It's all about us. The world should accept us as we are. Everything would be fine.

It can lead you to start thinking some irrational thoughts and doing some foolish girly things.

Basically our little habit grows out of proportion and becomes almost all we can focus on. Everything starts being evaluated in terms of our dressing and presenting as feminine.

After you experience it a few times you start to recognize it and can deal with it better which is what I'm in the middle of right now. Shaved my legs for the very first time today. It's not helping matters at all. Feeling pretty girly right now.
    Last edited by sweetdreams; 02-11-2017 at 08:36 PM.

Platinum Member
    RE:, Pink Fog, If you think that you may have it, You Have it...
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE ORCHID View Post
    RE:, Pink Fog, If you think that you may have it, You Have it...
    Yep, then I'm probably in it right now. Thick as pink pea soup. Going out today, all I wanted to do was buy whatever I saw on the ladies: cute flats, amazing boots, delicious leggings and silky soft tights. It's still pretty cold where I am, most women's top halves are covered up in parkas or thick coats, so i'm not looking up there as much.

It's all about surrendering.

The opposite of a Pink Fog is the urge to Purge. Do your very best to resist both. Your power of rational thinking diminishes during these episodes. If you think you really must have that dress, tell yourself to think about it again tomorrow.

Pirate Queen wannabe Maria Blackwood's Avatar
    I use it mainly in a shopping context. I have steadfastly avoided the copious catalogs I get in the mail and online sites recently as I have some expenses around the house coming up. My most recent pink fog last year went for a week and resulted in six dresses, eight fancy panties, four bras and a new set of breastforms. And a partridge in a pear tree.

I mean, I love everything item I got, but, geez. The pink fog slips in and slips away again with a lot of my green.

Torrid just sent me a pile of coupons. Emergency! SEND HELP!
    Last edited by Maria Blackwood; 02-12-2017 at 11:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MariaOfCalifornia View Post
    I use it mainly in a shopping context. I have steadfastly avoided the copious catalogs I get in the mail and online sites recently as I have some expenses around the house coming up. My most recent pink fog last year went for a week and resulted in six dresses, eight fancy panties, four bras and a new set of breastforms. And a partridge in a pear tree.

I mean, I love everything item I got, but, geez. The pink fog slips in and slips away again with a lot of my green.

Torrid just sent me a pile of coupons. Emergency! SEND HELP!
    I'm also tempted by all the online shops. However, I'm in Canada so I'm more limited in online shopping options. Shipping and duties costs if ordering from US stores like Macy's, JC Penney, Nordstrom, or even Amazon is ridiculous. I know because so many times I will add a bunch of bargain items to the shopping bag, go right up to the check out page of the store, and then balk at the shipping and duties. Then there are stores like Payless and Zappos who won't even ship to Canada. I guess it's a blessing in disguise - if I my shopping urges were to go unfettered there would be a lot of green lost in the name of pink!

My definition of the pink fog is where you begin to think that crossdressing is normal not only to yourself, but to the outside world as well, and start to indulge in actively crossdressing more and more often, as well as not having any second thoughts purchasing many additional female accoutrements.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Pink dog can lead u to do some foolish things but it can be a source of strength. For a closeted gal like me the pink fog gave me the strength to search the dress rack at a charity shop and actually buy a dress. It also enabled me to buy panties & bra at target.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    It is used frequently here for when the urge to dress becomes very strong and you have trouble controlling it
    So I have it every day then.

To me: pink fog is when you are excited about dressing and shopping where it starts to give you blinders to everything and everyone around you. Almost an obsession. I tend to get it every now and then. It comes and goes in waves with me... some days and evenings, nothing... other times, when I am taking a break from work puffing on my vape, I am browsing Wish, target, amazon... I can't wait to get home and done for the day so I can change for the evening. It almost consumes every idle moment of my life. My wife helps keep me grounded and helps to pull me out of the fog.

I think you have a good case of pink fog. Yep girly things are on your mind.
    Part Time Girl

Pink fog- When you feel like you'd rather purge your male wardrobe completely than take off that LBD.
    Ugh, so unfair.

I meant "pink fog" not "pink dog." I gotta watch that auto correct. I must have been in a pink fog. Pink dogs are nice too though.

I can honestly say I've never had the "pink fog" thing. Never spent a whole lot on clothes and I sure as hell don't have the funds to do that now!

Here's a little secret I'd like share helping explain the FOG,search YouTube for Sade no ordinary love INDECENT PROPOSAL and scroll down till you post by author FANNY KROMM... click and enjoy. To all the Gurls My Best for the Sweets VALENTINES DAY!

Indecent Proposal. Having trouble finding the post by Fanny Kromm. Can you provide the link?

YouTube search engine type in Sade no ordinary love indecent proposal,scroll through other post till you find Fanny.This is not my post just a little somethin I found along my travels,new hear haven't found a way to link and I don't know if moderators object.I would also suggest dress yourself for the occasion,My Best Rebecca

I used not to spend that much - just basic (sometimes frilly ones) thongs on e-bay, but of late I've been getting carried away when looking at Birch Place site; such gorgeous frillies! I spend about £100 on panties and accessories in pink, then a couple of months later think it would be nice to have the same in black, or perhaps baby blue!

Ahhh the Pink Fog, my old friend. Excellent definitions from the Gal's. I'm in the midst of a rare Blue Funk. It's like my inner girl just disappeared. Kinda freaked out right now. Will Not Purge.
    Come back Lisa.....
    Lace and Smiles,
    (where in the world is)
    Lisa