Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dress up party.

Dress up party.

I am attending a dress up party and i am going as anna from frozen. No one knows about my crossdressing so when i dress up should i go all out with makeup and stuff too? Or is this a bit of a give away?

May as well go all the way. I would.

Absolutely!

If I were going I would be the best looking woman I could. You will get comments either way you dress, so might as well get good compliments.

Definitely do the whole thing. Ana was gorgeous. Go for it and let the chips fall where they may. And have fun.

Go for a perfect Anna! Do not do it 1/2 way! Good luck!! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Never herd of a dress up party, but if it was me I'd go all out from head to toe. It's not worth doing if you don't do it right.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Platinum Member
    Hi Brooke, It is ALL or NOTHING......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

In for a nickel, in for a dime. Fill your boots. See if you can fool them well enough that they don't recognize it's you.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Go for it!! There was a thread recently about going out dressed at Halloween, and if you were 'too good' as a girl it pretty much outed you. I suppose it depends if you care or not. I would, given the opportunity.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Absolutely go for it! Either way you can play it as a "joke" if you need to, so why not enjoy yourself and play it to the max?

Hell-o Brooke,
    Don't you dare disrespect Princess Anna!

There are many cosplay makeup tutorials on youtube.

I'm not sure who'll be at this party that you may be concerned about, but
    if someone should ask how you learned how to be soooo fabulously dressed....
    Just refer them to youtube!

Go for it, and have a blast!
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

Enjoy the party

Well it seems everyone is of the view i go for it. Any suggestions to making it great. I already have the anna dress and cape.

If it is supposed to be a dress up party, then dress up! What a wonderful opportunity - have fun.

Hey if I was going to dress the part in a play or movie why wouldn't you look the whole part? Go for it and have fun. I can't see why it would be a give away because it is called a dress up party. Just tell every one you don't ever do anything half way.

In my opinion, there isn't much worse on Halloween (or a "dress up party") than a male going drag but making it very evident that he's got hairy legs & pits, facial stubble (or worse) and no makeup other than maybe poorly applied lipstick. Again, in my opinion, it shows disrespect to the female population. I know, I know, it's a cartoon character we're talking about here, but still.

Go the full nine yards and own it. Yes people may wonder, but who cares. If you need an excuse, then say you've always wanted to try out cosplay but they were all out of Batman.s
    They/Them
    I love dressing as a woman.

You should absolutely go the entire hog and make yourself look just like the character. Otherwise it will just be a pathetic parody of the character. Going all out will ensure that you are the center of attention. Let them think what they will but don't tell them.

if you are going to do it ,do it well, and go for the compliments
    ill bet a lot of ladies will compliment you if you do it proper
    i do get complimented a lot altho i wouldn't say that i pass

Years ago when I went to a Halloween Party with my wife I told her I was going as a bride.

My wife at the time new I use to dress up with friends prior to us getting married but didn't know I was still doing it.

As I was doing my makeup she didn't like the idea that I was trying to look like a woman. She said I was suppose to look like a guy in a dress with sloppy makeup.

I could see she was getting angry as she said "you could never look good as a woman".

Well it was a large party and I remember it was the time of my life, I'd say go for it.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Just a shame that you are not in Germany, especially Cologne.
    It is Karneval, or Fasching as it is known elsewhere, and dressing up for events and parties is encouraged. Men dress up badly as women, but no one would say much if it was spot on.
    We are going to one event. I am going as Elsa from Frozen. My wife is all for this and put everything together for me. She is also refusing to do trashy and poor makeup for me. She wants it to look right. But a poor wig is going to be worn and no heels, so that the CDing isn't that obvious.
    Enjoy!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    There is a way to do both, Brooke. Physically be the woman u want to be dressed as Anna. Then, skip the makeup and wear a mask!

When u remove the mask and have no makeup on? I doubt anyone will guess your "secret"! I have done this often.

Cheers,
    Your sister, Elsa
    P1050500 (579x640).jpg
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Hell-o Brooke,
    Remember Anna is a cartoon. Cartoon characters have that flawless skin look,
    But more important I think is the BiIG eyes!
    This tutorial is pretty good at explaining how to get the effect you're looking for.

Good luck, and have fun with it!
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

I say do it! Go all out and have fun with it! :-)

Go all the way! I did for Halloween and had fun with it!