Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do You Shave Your Legs?

Every so often I treat myself with some nair. Permanent hair removal while ideal, seems to be too expensive (unless things have changed recently?)

Yes, I shave all over; legs, stomach, underarms, and my pubic hair too. I have also bought an epilator that I love and use a lot. It can be a bit painful, but it is worth it to have pretty and smooth legs. I also have my eyebrows waxed every three or four weeks. I love the feeling of having no hair, and don't plan to quit.
    Last edited by Karyn Marie; 02-13-2017 at 03:55 PM.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Yes, pretty much shave everything I hate body hair. Wear shorts in summer in guy mode as well, not a big deal it just is what it is

Quote Originally Posted by Vanessasissy View Post
    It's funny Riley because I've been reading and everybody answer with and explanation about the shaving or waxing or whatever method they use to avoid or not the hair on legs but I think that you were just telling the story about the person in the gym asking you about it, so should I respond the question in you thread title?
    Or answer the other question if someone ever asked me that question? Lol
    You are correct. It's not whether or not your shave, it's that a (female) trainer asked me if I shave my legs. I still don't get it.

I haven't shaved my legs for many years, like most other girls I have more worries about my facial appearance.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Aspiring Member
    Perhaps she just liked your legs

I shave on and off but a little while back when I did it my so commented that it was weird that I had nicer legs than her bless her!

My point is that she may have been merely wondering why such a nice set of pins were attached to a guy and not a girl and was curious as to how you achieved the result.

I wasn't there so couldn't tell but maybe she was embarrassed by asking the question maybe? You mention nothing more was said so perhaps this was the case.
    Last edited by Tamsin Secret; 02-13-2017 at 01:23 AM. Reason: Missed word

Rileyaz,

I shave some of my legs, bikini area, chest, and underarms. Or I should say I use Nair and a razor for touch up. Because Nair (for men) is kind of harsh I remove from the waist up every two weeks and from the waist down every three.

So at the gym no one has said anything about my hair removal or even given me weird looks, which I thought they would when I started removing chest and underarm hair. I guess they either never noticed or didn't want to know. I am sure I could remove the rest of my leg hair but I am sure someone would notice ...

@--}----
    Michelle

My bf naturally doesn't grow a lot of body hair. He, as someone else said, shaves everything from nose to toes. He does crossfit in women's workout shorts or pants (depending on the weather) and men's crossfit competition tees. I'm sure people notice he has no hair. Not sure how often people ask.

I know the day I met him, my best friend was with me and he (my best friend) asked if he shaved his arms.
    "The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes “Awww!” -- Jack Kerouac

Quote Originally Posted by Rileyaz View Post
    You are correct. It's not whether or not your shave, it's that a (female) trainer asked me if I shave my legs. I still don't get it.

I guess you could have asked her, "why do you ask"? Last summer my neighbor asked why there was no hair on my legs.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

I generally shave every 2-3 days for the past 4-5 years. Nothing beats a smooth body and no one has ever said a thing.

3-4 times a week for the last 30 something years. Was in a former life a semi-pro bike rider. Although in the last few years the hair growth has seemed to slow down. Now about 1-2 times per week.
    I was told I have balls for wearing skirts! My reply? "That's because balls this big won't fit in pants!"

I really enjoy my shaved legs. The hose feel so much nicer with them shaved. I don't recall anyone ever making any comments except for an occasional family member and my answer is always a bit of a lie that I don't shave them. But then I also add some truth with the sugar diabetes card, and truthfully, due to the diabetes the hair on my legs has almost stopped growing below my knees.

Aspiring Member
    I also shave and have started using an epilator. I'm an avid cyclist, and most hard-core cyclists shave their legs, so that's my "cover".

I try to as often as I can, but I hate it because it takes so long with a razor if I want to do a really good job of it. 30 minutes minimum. I want to try using an epilator.

I shave mine - have for years. Everything except my head and a small landing strip. I get some looks at the gym sometimes. When I wear my 5 inch running shorts in warm weather, but I just power through it. I know a lot of women check out my legs - even before I shaved them - My wife thinks it is my best part.... But I bike a lot an awful lot, so when I have my yummy spandex on, it's De Riguer...And no one thinks anything of it.
    I usually wear tights or track pants to the gym in the winter, but I have seen a few guys check out my legs at the showers. No Biggie. They are probably just wondering. I have figured out a way to put my dress shirt on and then quickly slip my thong on and then slp on my trousers - that was tricky at first - but then you realize no one is looking when you are getting dressed in the gym, as long as you avoid positions where there are mirrors or multiple mirrors.

Aspiring Member
    curvious: spandex and shaved legs... the gateway drug!

I have shaved my legs for over 15 years. Never had anyone question it.

Kymmie
    Just your average harley riding crossdressing biker

Why be normal??????

I normally shave my body when I'm about to dress. Being a hairless man is now in.
    Ladies & Gentlemen, HER. 💋🌸💗

I used to shave daily, yes, 30 minutes, at least, one day no shave and it was very umcomfortable.
    now I shaving just small areas of the calves and back of the tights, belly, after using almost daily a silk'n bellaglide that is high light pulse, real works.
    Now Soft skin, no black dots of hair neither the usual "pours" where the hair grows.
    Now just maintenance the no growing with hpl every two weeks.
    No more shaving, no wax, just enjoy...
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

Hell-o Riley,
    I'm I reading this right? She just walked up to you and asked
    if you shaved your legs? No other discussion? Just straight out,
    Do you shave your legs?
    Odd doesn't quite say enough.

Oh! And BTW... I shave mine when I have the time!
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hell on Heels View Post
    Hell-o Riley,
    I'm I reading this right? She just walked up to you and asked
    if you shaved your legs? No other discussion? Just straight out,
    Do you shave your legs?
    Odd doesn't quite say enough.

Oh! And BTW... I shave mine when I have the time!
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I had just finished working out and was at the counter ready to leave. There was her, my trainer and me. My trainer and I were discussing the gains I had made and she came right out and said "do you shave your legs?".
    No prior discussions about anything.

Banned Read only
    Rileyaz,

After you answered her would a nice come back question have been; Do you shave your pubic area? Tit for tat, if she was forward enough to ask you about shaving your legs wouldn't the response I gave be equal and fair?

I bought Nair for Men...
    Plan to use it this weekend. All over...
    [SIZE="3"]Amy[/SIZE]

I generally shave the first of November from below the head down. It is the maintenance that I get sloppy with and before you know it, I have hair all over again. I did not pay attention to this till last week when I was taken a picture of myself. What a beast. So back to shaving and take my pictures that same day. Lazy.

Amy,

Follow the directions on the NAIR when you use it this weekend.
    Some folks find it harsh on their skin.

Also, if you have thick dark hair like me, it won't do much for you.

I started with shaving and the occasional waxing.

Now I epilate and stay hair free and love it.

Good Luck!