Thread: Advice on going to events

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Advice on going to events

Hey Guys,

I’m writing here because I’m a little confused. One of my favourite idols, Sister Roma, has announced that she is coming down to Sydney, and I expressed interest to my wife in going to see her. There’s a few events that she’s going to, but since im really not a party animal I’ve decided to see her at a simple meet and greet at the Gay Exchange.

When I told my wife this, she was a little confused, and she made some valid points. Sister Roma cross dresses as a performance art form, when I cross dress I’m not performing, I’m in a state of being. Cross dressing to me, in the way that I do it, is not a performance but an extension of who I am. Now don’t get me wrong, my wife didn’t say that I was being hypocritical, she’s been exceptionally supportive of my choices, but in the point that she made above, I can see where she’s going and im struggling to rationalise that, and provide an appropriate answer. Where does cross dressing cease to be a ‘performance’ and where does it begin to be a lifestyle? I switch between male and femme all the time, and I find myself not exclusively in one gender, which I think is where im having some of the issues.

What do other people think in regards to this?

A second issue, is that my wife is new to this. We live an hour from the city and she is a little worried about me travelling alone to see Sister Roma. She’s offered to drive and come in with me which I see as very supportive, but I know that this is very outside her comfort zone. I think that it would be important for me to go and visit Sister Roma as Femme, but I don’t want to potentially alienate my wife. Though I do recognise that there’s potential to create a bond, and help my wife face her uncertainties.
    Last edited by Shelly Preston; 02-13-2017 at 03:42 AM. Reason: The link break the rules