Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: when you see yourself, describe how you feel?

I have thousands of pics. I look at the pictures to bring back the joy I feel when dressed, when I can't dress, which is most of the time. When I started, it was just of my body, but once I learned makeup and got a better wig, I found I create a pretty illusion almost every time. I keep almost every pic, as each may be a lesson of what I did right or wrong. I do keep a separate collection of my favorites.
    I am sure no one would recognize me from my pictures. Carla shared a story of my recent picture in the leather club dress I posted in upper and lower half to show bigger.

Funny, yesterday I was showing a friend a picture of my garage on my phone. He clicked to the next picture and said, "Whoa! Who's that hot bitch?"
    As I took my phone back I said, "It's one of my online girlfriends." The reply, "Man! Does she have a sister?" I said, "I think she does!"

I don't mind since it is a way to get feedback from the public without me being there, just in case.

And Valery, if you are depressed seeing your beauty , it can only be from sadness that you are not dressed as often as you wish.
    Hugs, Ellen

I find that when I look at myself in the mirror I feel happy to see the pretty girl looking back at me. I like to fuss and ty different styles. I am a bit camera shy so I do't have any photos. I find that I get to critical.

Photographs or mirror,I seem to be falling apart.

Just patch up the wobbly bits and get on with it.

You can't beat deterioration, maybe you can get it out of a jar...... :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I don't take pictures of myself; I learned the hard way not to do that.
    However, when I was married, at one point my wife had behaved as if it was OK if I dressed up; she even purchased some girl clothes for me. And she took some pictures. When we looked at them together, I just felt embarrassed.
    I felt even dumber when she later used those pictures to blackmail me during the divorce.

No more pictures.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Quote Originally Posted by Judith96a View Post
    I'm interested to note how many of us have referred to seeing "the real me". My experience is slightly different, it's not so much a case of seeing the 'real me' as seeing a different version of 'me', one that's no more and no less 'real' than the male version. (Hope that makes sense to someone!)
    Anyways, on the rare occasion that I see a good picture of me it's exhilarating (also satisfying, as in "I can do this and actually look reasonable"). The remaining photos are a disappointment. I keep a few good ones on my phone and sneak a peek every so often. Seeing Judith appearing in the mirror is beyond description!
    Despite being a reasonably keen photographer, I find it incredibly difficult to take any decent photos of myself.
    And then, a couple of weeks ago, another CDer whom I had met for the first time two days earlier said the sweetest thing, "Judith, you're one of the few girls who looks better in person than you do in your photos". That helped the confidence no end!

Judith, I hear you on the decent photos, I find that only 1 in 5 is even half decent. I get a lot of enjoyment taking some of the bad photos and trying to be creative on photoshop and create something that is artistic and interesting. I am not talking about making my nose smaller or covering up a blemish but trying to create something fun or interesting.

It is a way I can allow my more creative/artistic side to come out and convert some shockers into quite decent pictures. I really enjoy looking at those pics later too.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Banned Spammer
    When I look at myself in the mirror I feel like a total different person. I even act a little different. The only thing is my voice wish it was more feminine.

Platinum Member
    hmmmm, interesting question. Historically, I hated my pictures - male or female - to what I would have to say was an unhealthy degree. Neither handsome enough or pretty enough by my estimation. But oddly, today at 64, having been up and down and up again in terms of my desire to live as a woman...today when I looked in the mirror for the first time in 18 months presenting as a woman, I just saw myself. Not on a 10 point scale, but as a worthwhile member of the human race. And frankly, even with nearly white hair and very modest make up, I felt quite comfortable as a woman.

I must feel pretty good, I managed to wear out my first tri-pod and had to get a better one. I haven't taken as many pictures lately, getting out more or maybe I'm a little more confident in my presentation. I do look at my pictures quite often if I haven't had a chance to dress in a while, it helps. I think I usually look better in the mirror than in pictures, wishful thinking?
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

Aspiring Member natalie edwards's Avatar
    From my recent thread on the same subject
    It's just me!
    I guess it's part of the evolution. While searching through my pictures for one to post in the sexy thread I've come to realize these pictures are just pictures of me. Years ago I'd be a bit aroused or think of them as me as a woman, always seeing the male features first. Now however when I browse through my latest pictures, I just see me! I don't see a guy dressed up or an awkward out of place person, just me.

How do i feel?

Horny!

The truth?....I see and feel like an old man fooling himself...and that makes me very sad.
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

I feel fantastic! It's taken a lot of hard work and imagination, but I do feel absolutely incredible.
    I'm half the man I used to be, and twice the person that I once was...and Nothing beats a great pair of L'eggs. Be all you can be ladies! WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies, projects, or any other purpose - YOU DO NOT HAVE MY PERMISSION To Use Any Of My Profile Or Pictures In Any Form Or Forum Both Current And Future.

Such a range of emotions and feelings. So sad Karen, you certainly don't look like an old man in your Avatar pic.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

When I dress up,it makes me forget about all things about depression.

All that joy , to shave get into shower before getting dressed. That hype that you are about to doing it. Making all little things to be perfect.
    Feeling, when you start with lingeria then pantyhose slowly. Then making up your make up but not all,I usually leave putting lipstick as a last piece of ctrossdressing, the joy of what to wear what to mix with blouse and skirt or other stuff.

And that excitement when you stare in the and mirror and take lipstick in your hands and finish your lips slowly.
    And the happiness of that great work you have done how good I look, can't stop being happy. All that procces every single detail, is so enjoyable.

I just wish I had friend to do it together maybe do stuff go like outside for a walk.
    Since me and my Gf are trying to understand what to do with my Cd thing.

Yes, the many years I have dressed has been an emotional rollercoaster when I look in the mirror. I think for me it all depends on what I am wearing. My feelings can run from ho-hum to wonderful, this is the way I should look.

Becky,
    Sometimes I love what I see in the mirror. Unfortunately, I can't seem to capture that look in the mirror selfies. However, I've seen views of myself in pictures that I've never seen in the mirror. So, when I look at my favorite pictures, I feel happy. Confusing, huh?

-Geena

Roberto, beautifully described, yes getting ready with girlfriends can be a joy in itself.

Amy, I can relate to what your saying too.

Geena, perhaps your problem is the mirror selfie, as you are holing a phone/camera. Perhaps try some shots using a self timer, maybe then you will be more relaxed?

No i don't think what you said is confusing, I can relate. I can really see 'the girl' in some of my pics and I love them, in quite a few cases I look very different from the person I see in the mirror.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Ah-May-Lee
    When I view one of my pics I see a cast member from the TV show Walking Dead, the zombie ones. But Hey, that's kinda cool.
    In solitude where we are least alone. Byron

I think my feelings are similar to any woman.
    I wish I was shorter, I wish I was thinner, I wish I had nicer hair, I wish my feet weren't so big.
    I criticize my appearance and think If Only, but alas it is what is it is. I'm just happy that I can be who I am and enjoy my life.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Funny you should say that Cheryl, we were talking about it in a group of friends (as far as I know no Tpeople) recently. There was general agreement that most women are unhappy with various parts of their bodies and that most men just accept what they have been dealt. The women with big boobs wanted smaller ones, the ones with smaller boobs wanted bigger ones etc..
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

I feel strange if I look at my transformation pics! I was given four different looks and although they are all different they are all Lana Mae! The avatar picture is the first look and the first Lana Mae! It does not have the eye pop that my profile picture has! I am just amazed that they are all me! I can not get the make up right and still see me in the mirror! It may just be a matter of the right colors and technique. Overall though, the pictures make me feel good and Lana Mae is right there! Hugs Lana Mae PS: Valery, why depressed? You are lovely in your presentation! Special hugs!
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Some times very sad I can't look like a real gg. But I live with it I'm beautiful from the neck down.
    Angie

When I look at my pictures I usually spend my time considering my look and what would make me more attractive. I think cross dressing for me is often about trying to look sexy, sometimes looking at my pictures is a big turn on too. Generally happy with my look from the neck down. Not sure I'll ever get the makeup right to think I look as sexy as I want facially. Got to work on the eyes and eye brows.

After many years of trial and error, and my wife's help, I've finally "got it". When I look in the mirror or camera, I smile. I like what I see.....the "aha" moment is wonderful.

Haven't had many photos of my femme self but the first time I did see myself fully dressed, I have to admit I was pleasantly surprised and intrigued to see my female self. It was a huge relief to finally be able to see this woman who I have inside me as part of who I am.
    I completely agree with you becky, it really IS a huge shame that all of us "gurls" can't express our feminine sides because of what society expects us to be. But hopefully, that will continue to change.