Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: when you see yourself, describe how you feel?

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Wen4cd thats how it is for me too LOL
    Take 1000 pics and keep 1.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I'm like that too, Wen. Only ALL my photos r of someone else. I don't wish to see anything of me or male in Sherry's photos. I'm thrilled because Sherry is NOT me. It does get confusing doesn't it?

What do I feel when I see myself, a homely old man, transformed into an attractive young woman? It blows my mind! The hair on back of my neck stands up, I'm as excited as a kid on Xmas morning, the experience feels totally unreal. But, hey! It is isn't it?
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 02-18-2017 at 03:43 AM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    Becky,
    The pictures mean so much to me, it's a great way of coming out to people. OK I would prefer for them to see the real me, the comments give me so much encouragement .

Only the other day I was in a charity shop, and the manageress knows I shop for myself, she has seen my pictures, we happened to be looking at the Xmas picture I use for my avatar because I bought the 4" heels from them . A female assistant came out from the back of the shop and said what a pretty lady in a lovely dress, she then asked who is she, the manageress nudge her and pointed at me , she said , " no way, you look better than me even when I'm done up !" She walked away shaking her head saying , " Men aren't supposed to be beautiful !"

Tama,
    We have something in common, I was a Pro photographer for thirty years, after doing so many weddings at least I know how to pose myself.
    Last edited by Teresa; 02-18-2017 at 05:34 AM.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    When dressed Contentment. When not dressed acceptance.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Had an interesting experience at work today. Just me and a female colleague in (she's about mid 40s). In a quiet period we were discussing our relative offspring. She got her phone out and showed me her kids, pets, husband, usual sort of things. So, I got my phone, showed her my two boys, sister in laws wedding pictures, cats ect. She commented I'd shown her everyone, except my wife. I had a 'should I or shouldn't I' moment, and showed her a picture of Diane (actually the same one as my current avatar). Oh, is that her? was the reply, she's quite pretty isn't she? Wow, I secretly thought, then she asked if she was a natural blonde! Yes, I lied. I showed her another picture, similar but full length (I had above knee skirt, dark tights and heels on). She's got good legs hasn't she?, my colleague said. Ask me how good I felt inside..(my pictures are secure BTW, so no chance of any accidental discovery)
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Banned Read only
    Diane,
    I thought I was the only one who took chances like that ! It's going to be interesting if your work colleague meets you together with your wife at some point in the future !

Aspiring Member
    sadly i see a man in a dress but on the positive side i love to at least feel feminine

Hi Teresa, it was spur of the moment thing, the picture was very slightly fuzzy and was just enough to conceal my most notable features. It was such a good feeling though knowing that someone believed Diane was another person!.

Wow, what any amazing story! That must have been a confidence builder!

Quote Originally Posted by DIANEF View Post
    Had an interesting experience at work today. Just me and a female colleague in (she's about mid 40s). In a quiet period we were discussing our relative offspring. She got her phone out and showed me her kids, pets, husband, usual sort of things. So, I got my phone, showed her my two boys, sister in laws wedding pictures, cats ect. She commented I'd shown her everyone, except my wife. I had a 'should I or shouldn't I' moment, and showed her a picture of Diane (actually the same one as my current avatar). Oh, is that her? was the reply, she's quite pretty isn't she? Wow, I secretly thought, then she asked if she was a natural blonde! Yes, I lied. I showed her another picture, similar but full length (I had above knee skirt, dark tights and heels on). She's got good legs hasn't she?, my colleague said. Ask me how good I felt inside..(my pictures are secure BTW, so no chance of any accidental discovery)

Absolute Joy
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

Hi Carla, What good posts you have. Yes I have picks dating back to my mid 20s, 1980s. It is fun to look back and see the changes in not only what I wear, but how I wear them. Then like now all I wanted was to blend, and maybe get a second glance. Like most here I have many pictures, but only a few are keepers; well I keep them all. The good ones are when I had spent more time with my makeup and ignoring the camera. Thanks for your memory and thought provoking questions. Brenda

Hi Hazel, it certainly was! I might try the same thing on one of my male colleagues, maybe......

I startd dresing very late in life (64) and have taaken lots of shots using a tripod, etc. and taken at events such as DLV. I just went through my saved files and was amazed at the changes in mysef after ten years. Somewhat depressing, but at the same time they bring strong feelings and great joy and I have learned a lot as to what looks good in my selectiion of clothing, make up, wigs, etc. and what does not look good on me. And now my dressing time is less than before, so I must be more select. I had to delete many shots in fear of when I pass they would be found.

I feel very happy and excited, because I'm seeing the woman who I want so badly to be. Keep in mind, this does not mean I have any desire to become a transgender, but I feel like I'm looking at a very attractive looking young woman when I dress up. I basically felt the same way when I started dressing up as Princess Peach, like a princess, and I still do feel very much like one when I wear her outfit.

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    Complete, content. I have pictures that cover almost 40 years and can remember how I felt when each one was taken. I can not say that about those in male mode. I see a contentment in my face that is not present in my male mode pics.

When I take pics they are always selfies that get deleted after I look at tham. When I look the the pics I don't look at my face so I look good to myself.
    Angie

Like $10,000,000.00
    WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies, projects, or any other purpose - YOU DO NOT HAVE MY PERMISSION To Use Any Of My Profile Or Pictures In Any Form Or Forum Both Current And Future.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaytojillian/

When I started with ill fitted clothes etc...i saw a man trying to dress like a female ...now ...while I know I don't pass, I see what I tried achieve ...me!
    No regrets except I should have got dressed & stepped out sooner.

Further question for everyone on this theme, when you see yourself in the mirror vs pictures?

For me seeing myself in the mirror has always been a very emotional experience. Unlike pictures where many are dreadful, I always love seeing myself in the mirror. I guess for a picture your brain has to accept that is me, the mirror is far more confronting, that is me!! does that make sense?
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Banned Read only
    Becky,
    When I take my pictures I line up a mirror alongside the camera so what I see in the mirror is the same as the picture. Most of my pictures now are taken at my social meetings by other people.

My pictures mean more to me than the mirror simply because it's my way of coming out, I touched on this before but it's connected with my AGP, UI want to be seen as a woman even if they see me in reality.

Pirate Queen wannabe Maria Blackwood's Avatar
    Not so much a cop out as honestly thinking no one wants to see me. I don't much self esteem, truth be told. Also, not really in one of my periods where I stay shaven.

Most of times I start asking myself something like "Why are you doing that? What is point? Are you weird or something? Youb are stupid!" also feels kind of guilty for whatever reason. And then there is that mixture of feeling happy for revealing interesting part of me and sadness of not allowed me to express that part fully. There is also lots of confusion, bcs I dont know what "role" i wanna be "be a guy is fine, but it would be better to be a girl?" kind of question is floating in my mind o lot.
    So yeah, seeing myself in mirror of picture en femme isnt exactly "happy thing" to be honest.
    "Do not care what others think, do what you must" - Javik, ME3

Depressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Valery L View Post
    Depressed.
    BS. You know you are hot.
    WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies, projects, or any other purpose - YOU DO NOT HAVE MY PERMISSION To Use Any Of My Profile Or Pictures In Any Form Or Forum Both Current And Future.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaytojillian/

I'm interested to note how many of us have referred to seeing "the real me". My experience is slightly different, it's not so much a case of seeing the 'real me' as seeing a different version of 'me', one that's no more and no less 'real' than the male version. (Hope that makes sense to someone!)
    Anyways, on the rare occasion that I see a good picture of me it's exhilarating (also satisfying, as in "I can do this and actually look reasonable"). The remaining photos are a disappointment. I keep a few good ones on my phone and sneak a peek every so often. Seeing Judith appearing in the mirror is beyond description!
    Despite being a reasonably keen photographer, I find it incredibly difficult to take any decent photos of myself.
    And then, a couple of weeks ago, another CDer whom I had met for the first time two days earlier said the sweetest thing, "Judith, you're one of the few girls who looks better in person than you do in your photos". That helped the confidence no end!