Thread: Crossdressing On Public Transport

Crossdressing On Public Transport

A few years ago, I was reading an article online about crossdressing on public transport (i.e. bus, train, etc.) Can't quite remember the title but it was basically all the do's and don'ts in relation to this.

Just wondering if any of you ladies have even gone on public transport while crossdressed?

I do it all the time- trains, busses, subways- and have not had a problem.

Do not recommend at 2 AM, but most people are in their own world. If you dress to blend, should be no problem! Most problems are in our heads! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Have ridden the el in Chicago a number of times no issues.

I'd be leery of an after dark late night type of transport but I bet in the day time shouldn't be a problem. I say that and many crimes are still committed today in broad daylight. just be watchful and aware of your surroundings any time your out would be my suggestion. If your gut feeling says no then don't.

I use public transport (train) often to go into Philly. Parking space and cost is outrageous, shopping and occasional sight seeing is a fun time out, just need a little tougher skin when riding and be alert to your surroundings more, using good common sense.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

I use the MAX line in Portland, never even an odd glance - the more people the better - casual, appropriate dress no pblm.......................Debra

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tifftg View Post
    Have ridden the el in Chicago a number of times no issues.
    Now you are a very brave person; Especially at night. Myself, I would like about a dozen guards with me.
    Rader

Personally I would stay away from public transportation all around. too many unknowns in play and that's a risk none of us should be out to take.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

As the others here have said, no problem if your blend in - which I do. People are usually lost in their own little worlds, especially nowadays when pretty much everyone constantly has their faces buried in their electronic devices because to them, the virtual world is a so much more interesting place than the real one. So if anyone happens to "read" us, we usually only merit a passing glance from them along with a "meh...whatever" reaction.

Besides, given the diversity of people out here in the way they look, dress, adorn their bodies with tattoos, piercings and the like - as well as the non-traditional ways in which they often comport themselves, we are just as much a part of the day-to-day "scenery" as they are.

The last time I took the subway, a kindly young man even got up to offer this "old lady" his seat when he noticed me standing and holding onto a nearby pole. Win!

The few times I've traveled by train it was during the day and on a fairly quiet line. Dressed to blend as I was on the way to a shopping expedition, I still got read but no negative responses. I've used the bus twice. The second time I spent the journey chatting to a GG about what she had bought while shopping and her impending holiday. Personally I would steer clear of using public transport if there was the likelihood of people the worst the wear for drink or sports fans on the way to a game. Apart from that, no problems.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

YES!YES! One of my favorite,NJ transit and LIRR We have so many destinations with large crowds and so easy to blend in.Also you get see how many other CDs in the midst,since it's winter hats,scarfs,coats and boots make it so easy.Theres just nothing like see yourself in a store front window with an NYC backdrop.

I am always on public transit here in Toronto. A few weeks ago a "gentleman" called me a faggot on the way to the subway station near my apartment. I didn't realize what was said until I was halfway down the stairs.

The only other comments I have received have been very positive. GGs have told me that I look beautiful but most people don't care.

I've been out at night on the Toronto subway/streetcars with no issues. As long as you dress to blend in most people either don't notice or are indifferent

I've travelled 'pretty' on trains in the UK several times. I also travel on the London Underground very regularly.
    My first time on a train, the train was almost empty. The most recent train journey, it was packed! No problem on either.
    The difference between the train and the tube is that if you get uncomfortable on the tube there's another stop in 2 or 3 minutes (bail out and get the next one!)
    Expect to be read! And don't let it bother you.
    Keep an eye out for anyone rowdy and / or intoxicated.
    Enjoy!

Its ok to take public transit , busses , subways ferries , taxicabs . The same rules apply about personal safety , be alert , and know your travel plan . Never look like you are lost or nervous (even if you are lost or nervous!) Try to dress to blend in . And be confident in your self.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    I've been working around the UK over the last year and had to get from Birmingham to Lichfield to meet a girl I'd contacted on another site. So, all dressed up, walk to the train station and book my ticket. Platforms were crowded, a few looks here and there, but absolutely no problems. On the way home, one of five guys stopped to let me on the train first. Ha ha, a little bit of female privilege.

Went to a few bars etc whist in Birmingham too, for evening meal and again, it was brilliant.

Plus I've used my local trains, tram and buses now. The main problem is our own fears. Just be aware of what is going on around you and enjoy the feel of freedom.

Becky
    Last edited by reb.femme; 02-17-2017 at 08:14 PM.
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Aspiring Member
    Definitely. Public transit is the best way to get around most cities, crossdressed or otherwise. I have taken public conveyance in cities all around the USA. When I look like a girl, I try to think like a girl when it comes to safety, paying attention to my surroundings and avoiding places and situations where the average girl would not go.

We may feel like keeping to ourselves and avoiding other people is safer. This is not true. One of the great ironies of being out in public dressed is that it is usually safer to blend into a crowd.

I usually travel by auto, but I have taken the commuter bus from the Poconos to NYC a few times. Never had a problem, even when I had to sit next to a stranger. I guess the commuters have seen it all or are so tired that they just don't care.

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    I've crossdressed on trains in Texas and on the DART light rail in Dallas. I've also flown from Austin to New Orleans dressed.

Stacey
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    I have taken the trains and subway around New York City many times, no biggie, no issues, was also not dressed like a 5 dollar hooker either though , very casual, or business casual on occasions i took it in for work.

I have taken public transportation at airports when flying en femme and to San Francisco for the annual Pride parade and other special events with no problem but one when a couple just teen girls got a little sassy and were trying to have fun at my and my friends expense. No big deal except for calling attention to us that we did not want. The problem with public transportation where I live is you have to drive to get to a station, take taxis or Uber/Lyft at the other station to your final destination, does not easily transport one to other destinations when that is your plan, and it closes too early for my normal nocturnal outings. I only take it when parking may be an issue. Otherwise I avoid it like the plague because our systems here are limited in scope and ease of use, and are not really that much cheaper all things considered. Plus, a 15 minute drive can take over 30 minutes.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Haven't used public transport since 1975 so I would have no idea.
    If I had to use it I would dress the way I always do more female than male and let the passengers make up their own minds of what I am.
    Dress to blend is probably a good idea.