Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dressing At Home

Dressing At Home

Though I used to be active and go out en femme on a regular basis, lately I've pretty much confined my dressing to times when I'm at home. Have any of you taken this route?

Actually just the opposite, started at home than worked my way to going out, now I can't stay in. What turned you around? I still dress at home of course.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Southern Gurl
    No, I stayed at home for a long time and then with very small steps worked my way out! Now it is just about going out and having a good time and enjoying life.

Quote Originally Posted by Allisa View Post
    Actually just the opposite, started at home than worked my way to going out, now I can't stay in. What turned you around? I still dress at home of course.
    Now what scares me about going out isn't social stigma or other people, its myself really. If "she" is not confined to the home I fear I'd lose the control I have over dressing.

Unfortunately I only dress up at home unless I am doing a stage show or Halloween party. Maybe some day!! 😍😍

I love going out, the feeling of being out there fully dressed is unbelievable and unexplainable. It's almost intoxicating to say the least but most of my dressing is done around the house and I don't have a problem with that. If I really wanted to go out, my SO wouldn't have a problem with it at all but I am just as content inside
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Diane, don't feel alone. There r 1000's of us closet dressers! The freedom and excitement of dressing however I want with no compromises or worries about what anyone else thinks is so relaxing and rewarding!

I do go out a lot dressed, tho. Always compromising my look and worrying about what others see and think. Even other dressers. It's less enjoyable and often stressful.

I only go out because other dressers r so much fun to be around!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Aspiring Member
    I only dress at home for now. I am trying to get the courage to go out. Probably in the spring, to see my therapist. Problem is I don't own any women's winter clothes at the moment. I have to go quite a distance from here to avoid recognition. In the meantime I'm practising my makeup to make the first outing as good as it can possibly be.

I dress at home and out and about. It is always a nice day out. But if I am by myself, I am careful and scan my area for any problems. But all has been well.
    Part Time Girl

When I started I always stayed home while en femme but now I only stay home during the winter since it's pretty bad here in terms of snow and ice not to mention that it's cold (got 60cm of snow yesterday > ) but rest of the year I go out to leisurely coffee shops and small restaurants and walks I completely understand how the dressing can take over there are some nights I can't fall asleep unless dressed and there are days I can't dress and have to endure "Sarah's" personality throughout i don't know if this is much help to you!!

Add me to the predominately homebody list. Did underdress while running a few errands last week which evolved into stripping the outer male clothes and driving in a cute knit dress and heels. Working up the courage to start posting photos.

For me, it was either go out or find a way to deal with this all otherwise. First of all, for me, getting in presentation shape takes a great deal of time and effort. Secondly, I am a social creature. I don't sit still very well. Dressing and staying home just doesn't work for me. But we are all different and this is so different for all of us.
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

I originally started in my own home only, but then started to venture outside. Then an odd thing happened, and I stopped going out while dressed. Lately, though, I've started taking baby steps again to get out.
    Jack of all trades, master of none;
    But better by far, than a master of one!

I'm in the closet and only dress at home.

I had a fun day today, I had three new dresses to try and four hours so I shower, shaved, and did makeup, 45 min.

I set up some new lighting and a backdrop and put on my 1st dress and took some pictures and then a car pulls into the driveway, looks like my sons car.

OMG, I pulled everything off as fast as I could, heels, dress, shape-wear, pantyhose, hip-pads, wig, jewelry, dighted the camera and thought how can I get to the bathroom without him seeing my makeup!

Then the car drove off. It was some SOB turning around in my driveway. Well at least I didn't start washing off the makeup. Well the day turned out good after all.

The new lighting worked out very nicely for photos .
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Gold Member
    I am an at home person also; I under dress all the time, and usually wear fem jeans.
    I try to plan at least 2 or 3 days a week for me to stay at home, so I can get all dressed
    up and enjoy myself. Yes even doing house hold chores like Laundry and dishes, I get dressed
    in a skirt or a dress.
    Rader

Go out by choice, dress in by circumstances. Given my situation I am unable to go out very often so a girl settles for what she can get sighhhhh
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Quote Originally Posted by Allisa View Post
    I've been out since 1992 and used to go out fully dressed at least twice a week to restaurants, shopping for clothing, errands etc. etc. Now that I'm getting along in years I'm happy to be Diane at home both indoors and in the yard. but....when I'm out I'm always partially feminine. I always wear a unisex wig and have my nails painted, earring, and some light makeup.

I dressed up home alone for a long time. Then felt the pull to go out, which did a lot and found it very exciting. But as my preferred style of dress and makeup got more and more over-the-top, I became satisfied to stay in and do it my way - no fashion rules. For me, it's all about fulfilling my dress-up fantasy. I'm a guy who likes to dress up.

I go out under dressed almost every day! Need to go on scouting mission in drab to find a MAC counter to get color palette, buy make up, practice some more then look out world! I dress totally at home when I get the chance. My $.02! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

When I am home I dress emfem 99% of the time.

Always loved dressing ... I try more and more to be less confined and get out

I'm like many here. I started dressing only at home but now "Linda" wants to get out.

I've been to SCC 3 times completely enfemme, even driving 6 hours to Atlanta.

I'll be going enfemme to my therapist later this month. The first of many times in the future I hope.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by windshear View Post
    Now what scares me about going out isn't social stigma or other people, its myself really. If "she" is not confined to the home I fear I'd lose the control I have over dressing.
    You can say that but is that really the truth?
    Think about that for a minute.

My dressing is confined to the home now. When I was younger I went out all the time and even worked enfemme as a DJ at a lesbian bar(I'll save the stories for another post!). When my wife came to fully accept me, my need for validation from others mostly faded. I do miss the thrill of putting my hand on the door knob, taking a deep breath and venturing into the world presenting as a female though. But that begs the question; Did I do it for the thrill or was it derived from something deeper? No matter, I'm pretty freakin' happy where I'm at right now and am aware that my situation can change in a heartbeat. We'll see what tomorrow brings! My 17 year old niece, who discovered my fem side by accident, is coming to visit this weekend. This is her first visit since my wife's change of attitude and I'm a bit excited by the possibilities!

I only dress at home with a rare drive or walk in the park (at night).

Platinum Member
    I think it all comes down to a person's comfort zone. Maybe the question should be "What makes a cross dresser venture out in the first place?" There's a certain amount of perceived risk associated with venturing forth into the world. Yet, there is that drive to experience it. The threads of being outed, stopped by the police, scorned by the public and giggling girls.... endless number of less than great outings.

Thirty years ago I felt the pull to go out, although not intending to interact with people. Even today if I had the opportunity I would go out just to feel the wind playing with my skirt and slips as I take an evening stroll. I came to the conclusion it really was not worth the effort. I do enjoy being en femme at home and in the backyard because I am actually getting something accomplished; domestic chores, eating breakfast and lunch, etc. Maybe it's enough to say I did it.

I know it is not the same as being en femme and interacting with others, but, I feel there has to be some reason to interact en femme. Sometimes our lives are segmented into restrictive boxes. Tomorrow I am going to a military modeler's exhibit. Why would I go en femme?