Thread: Upcoming visit to the salon --

Upcoming visit to the salon --

Hi ladies, I’ve got a weekend of gender-bending upcoming and I’m as usual nervous, excited, doubtful, determined, etc. I don’t really have any questions but I’d love to hear your thoughts and your encouragement or discouragement as the case may be.
    Briefly, my wife knows all about my crossdressing and asks that I am discreet about it: i.e., don’t do it in a way that would affect her or us in the community and more especially our high-school-aged son. (He sees me all the time in tights, Keds, my hair up, earrings, light makeup, etc., but I don’t fully dress (whatever that means) around him or his GF or his friends.) I go to a Regis Signature salon at a big mall 20 minutes away to get my shoulder-length hair done. When I have a day to myself, like this Friday, I will put on my padded bra and skirt and woman’s top, do my makeup, & go have a shampoo and roller set, get my nails done, shop, have lunch, & so on.
    It’s heavenly & I really look forward to these times.
    At the same time, if I ran into certain friends of ours I’d be very embarrassed and it could have repercussions for my marriage. If my son’s GF and her friends walked into the salon while I was under the dryer, for instance, that would not be good. (Work colleagues are no problem.) Naturally the slight risk adds to the excitement, and the fact is most people I know would just shrug and say “I didn’t know you crossdressed.”
    I’m sure many of you can relate and I just wanted to share. I hope you all have a wonderful, girly weekend (and don’t let the politics get you down!).
    Thanks so much,

Tracy, yep, I have been thinking of a salon. But get my hair cut at a local barbershop. Believe it or not they cut my hair a lot better than the salon, But I think that is unusual. The salon most likely can take care of long hair. But I love this particular barber shop as the girl there knows what to do with my hair.
    Part Time Girl

I was much like you for decades. My tolerant wife became my ex. I cut my hair 4 or 5 years ago, so that ended my salon roller set adventures, But I'm thankful to have nearly 40 years of those times to look back on. Nice to have another curler girl on here! There are only a few of us.

I get my hair colored every 6 weeks and have done so for the past 20 years. When I get this done, I sit under a dryer in the salon. I think nothing of it. While under the dryer, I've had conversations with female friends that know nothing about my cd'ing.
    No big deal. they just know I'm getting my hair done.

Go get your hair done. relax and enjoy it.

jodi

Rhonda Jean, thanks for your reply. OMG I am such a curler girl. I was actually on the drill team (poms) in high school and had to sleep in curlers 2 or 3 times a week. Sitting under the dryer with my hair in rollers is easily my favorite CDing pastime. And my wife totally gets it. We've gotten our hair done together many times over the years.

I'm curious -- what made you cut your hair?

Platinum Member
    Hi Tracy, That sounds like an absolute wonderful plan that you have......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!