Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Friendship that will last a lifetime

  1. #1
    Member Jenn868's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Nashville
    Posts
    415

    Friendship that will last a lifetime

    Good Morning Ladies,

    I wanted to create a post around friendship and support. As I get older(31 years) my circle of friends gets smaller and smaller. I have been fortunate to have came out to my family and some close friends over the years, and have had a good reaction to who I am. As life goes on some friends fade, due to lives of their own. I wanted to take the time to talk about one of my best friends who has been there for me pretty much my whole life. She did not really find out about Jocelyn (Jenn is an old name), until about 5 years ago. We always have so much fun together and just understand one another, it was easy for me to come out to her. I made a silly bet about sports(that I knew I would lose lol) and I would have to dress up like a girl if I lost. Anyway, I lost and we did the dress up thing, and had a fun time. Later on down the road I shared that I was into cross dressing, and also felt that I do feel like a woman on the inside. I know as of right now, that I feel more and more like it is not just a dressing up thing, and more that I feel like a woman. I have been looking into therapy, etc...Just wanted to share this. VEE (my friend) has such a big heart and right away she said that she was there for me no matter what, and you are beautiful whoever you chose to be. Right away I literally started to tear up because she was so genuine about how she felt about me, our friendship, and the things going on in my life. If felt so good to share everything with her, and truly be myself. She helps me with advice when I am feeling low, we talk about anything and everything, and it is amazing to have such an amazing friend in my life who does not fade out. I feel our friendship has become even stronger over the years, and we are always there to support one another. It is nice to write about it here, because I know a lot of you ladies go through the same struggles with support and friendship. Vee is one of a kind, has the greatest heart, is a strong woman, and has been just such a blessing in my life. I wanted to pay tribute to her friendship! I hope everyone has an amazing friday, hugs!

  2. #2
    New Girl to the PNW raeleen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    223
    what an awesome story to read first thing in the morning! love hearing about your friend and how she has supported you jocelyn. you're a lucky gal. i've got a similar friendship with someone who has absolutely been my support and cheerleader as I've worked through my gender identity and it's huge to have a person who knew you before you started exploring gender identity stand by you as you begin the process. thanks for sharing, hun!

  3. #3
    Aspiring Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The OC
    Posts
    505
    31 is "older" ? I'm twice your age and you think your circle of friends is shrinking?!?!? Honey, I've got news for you.
    Joni

  4. #4
    AKA Lexi sometimes_miss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The state of flux, U.S.A.
    Posts
    5,765
    Make friends, and keep them. Meet new people and make more, because they'll be gone when you least expect it. Over my lifetime, I never really noticed; oh, once in a while someone would tell me that someone from my past died, but it wasn't often. I'm a senior citizen now, and in the past couple of years, half of my friends have died. My mom too, and two cousins my age. People that had moved away, folks that I'd always thought I'd get to go visit, but never got around to doing it. Now they're all gone. The ones who are left, well, were never exactly my favorite people, yet, now they're all I have, so I see a better side of them than before, appreciate things that I had not.
    See, when someone dies, we always think of the family, but we forget about the friends, who are often even closer to them. When I went to their wake, as I introduced myself, most said hello, a few, sorry about XXXX, but that was it. I had no one to tell, no way to deal with the hole left in my life.

    So cherish your friends while they are there. You never know when they'll be gone.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

  5. #5
    New Member Zoe Lapin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post

    So cherish your friends while they are there. You never know when they'll be gone.
    Beautifully put, thank you for sharing and thank you Jenn for sharing such a great story. Hope all of you have a fun and safe weekend!

  6. #6
    Silver Member Lana Mae's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    4,798
    Jenn, glad you have such a good friend! Other than here, my friends are gone-moved away or died! Just am glad for my friends here! Hugs Lana Mae
    Let's play dress up!!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

  7. #7
    Gold Member Jaylyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    5,137
    Wow Lexi for a while and Jenn, I'm in my late 60s almost 70 and boy can I relate to both of your words. I've lost five friends that were very close to me. They weren't relatives but what I call friends. Heart attacks attributed to three, one to Vietnam Nam agent orange, and one to cancer. I felt alone for a long time. One was my hunting, fishing, and partner in crime buddy. We did a lot together. To this day I still think of him when I'm doing anything that we used to do together. I've made new so called friends but only one is really what I call my friend and he has diabetes and a liver problem. I've felt guilty that I'm healthy as a horse. If it had not been for my wife ( she has always been my best friend but not in the sense of my buddies have) I guess I would probably be an old alcoholic or something worse.
    I want to tell you get your therapy or what ever but make sure you make memories as you are doing with your friend because they can be gone in a flash, and you'll blink twice and time will pass so fast that you out live your friends, then it's the pits for a while. Thank her for her friendship and don't ever take a true friend for granted. They are more precious than anything. When I saw your title friends that last a lifetime made me get a tear for the ones I've had and are gone.

  8. #8
    Member Jenn868's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Nashville
    Posts
    415
    Quote Originally Posted by raeleen View Post
    what an awesome story to read first thing in the morning! love hearing about your friend and how she has supported you jocelyn. you're a lucky gal. i've got a similar friendship with someone who has absolutely been my support and cheerleader as I've worked through my gender identity and it's huge to have a person who knew you before you started exploring gender identity stand by you as you begin the process. thanks for sharing, hun!
    thanks Raeleen! I feel really lucky that she has been sooo supportive. I agree with you so much girl!

    [SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

    Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post
    Make friends, and keep them. Meet new people and make more, because they'll be gone when you least expect it. Over my lifetime, I never really noticed; oh, once in a while someone would tell me that someone from my past died, but it wasn't often. I'm a senior citizen now, and in the past couple of years, half of my friends have died. My mom too, and two cousins my age. People that had moved away, folks that I'd always thought I'd get to go visit, but never got around to doing it. Now they're all gone. The ones who are left, well, were never exactly my favorite people, yet, now they're all I have, so I see a better side of them than before, appreciate things that I had not.
    See, when someone dies, we always think of the family, but we forget about the friends, who are often even closer to them. When I went to their wake, as I introduced myself, most said hello, a few, sorry about XXXX, but that was it. I had no one to tell, no way to deal with the hole left in my life.

    So cherish your friends while they are there. You never know when they'll be gone.
    very well said thanks for responding!

    [SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

    Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Lapin View Post
    Beautifully put, thank you for sharing and thank you Jenn for sharing such a great story. Hope all of you have a fun and safe weekend!
    very beautifully put! thanks zoe you too

    [SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lana Mae View Post
    Jenn, glad you have such a good friend! Other than here, my friends are gone-moved away or died! Just am glad for my friends here! Hugs Lana Mae
    thanks Lana! the friendships here on this site are great!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Check out these other hot web properties:
Catholic Personals | Jewish Personals | Millionaire Personals | Unsigned Artists | Crossdressing Relationship
BBW Personals | Latino Personals | Black Personals | Crossdresser Chat | Crossdressing QA
Biker Personals | CD Relationship | Crossdressing Dating | FTM Relationship | Dating | TG Relationship


The crossdressing community is one that needs to stick together and continue to be there for each other for whatever one needs.
We are always trying to improve the forum to better serve the crossdresser in all of us.

Browse Crossdressers By State