Thread: A close call

A close call

Last night I was driving to a club with my GG GF and I was in melissa mode and she had put on a face of makeup, wearing a new dress and heels and was looking extra beautiful. I was approaching a set of traffic lights and when the light changed to amber, I had to stop which I did safely and did nothing wrong.
    What happened next though was the close call in the title. Out of nowhere, some idiot had been following me too closely and when I had stopped safely and legally, due to his carelessness, he had to jam on his breaks and came close to hitting me from behind and then he was blaring his horn like I had done something wrong.
    My GF had her window down but I quickly closed it up and locked the doors as I didn't know what sort of actions this idiot was going to do (given what had already transpired) but I sure didn't want to have an altercation at all, let alone in a dress, heels, wig and with my GF there. Luckily after the lights turned green again, he soon turned off and went a different way to where we were going which was a huge relief.
    You can be the safest driver in the world but it's the idiot coming the other way that you have to look out for

Melissa

Hope the rest of the evening was good.

Maybe he was blaring his horn to let you know he was coming up behind you fast and it was a signal for you to move forward...

Regardless, it was a pretty heart pumping moment I am sure!

9 out of 10 accidents are caused by someone else. with these people obsessed with their cellphones, it's more likely that more accidents occur every day. I swear they can't get off the damn things for even 5 minutes any more. Hopefully the rest of your night was great and where are the pictures at?
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Drove with a commercial license for 50 years. Everything from taxi to doubles. Learned early you have to drive for the other guy because he cann't. Then he wants to be a JA. Best to just ignore them. Things usually will calm down.

the rest of the night went very well.
    I was stopping safely at the amber lights and once the light changed to green, I started forward again.
    I've been finding lately that since I've been in a relationship, I haven't been taking any pictures of myself while dressed as Melissa even though I have complete freedom to dress how I like with my GF. She posts pictures of herself on facebook but due to the fact that I am not fully out, I don't feel comfortable putting pictures on facebook and she is careful to make sure I"m not in the pictures she posts when I'm dressed.

Very few drivers stop for a yellow light around here. Yellow means get thru the light before it turns red! But if the timing is wrong, one will get pulled over.

Also, in the US there's a pretty good chance that the pissed off driver will get out of his car and come up to the window of yours! I witnessed two road rage incidents on the same day and same street last year. It was pretty hot that day, but these people need to calm down!
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Silver Member
    When I'm driving pretty, I'm the most safety conscious driver on the road, believe me. I try to be observant as to what others are doing, and avoid the idiots. When at a traffic light, and it turns green, I always let the cars on either side of me go first, as 'pulling guards' in case an idiot runs a red light.

There seem to be a lot of deranged and angry drivers on the roads. I live in Houston, TX and an amber light here taken by many drivers as a signal to speed up. I have to check every time the light turns green for my direction because so many drivers run the red light. Defensive driving is required at all times.

Locking the doors and closing the windows and most importantly, not reacting, was a good decision.

It seem that the general rule today is three on red. So, always look both ways when the light turns green. You did the right thing by not over reacting. He most like pushed the horn as he though you were going to run the light as he would.. Typical driving Idiot.
    Part Time Girl

I've had two occasions when I was nearly cleaned up by someone who ran a red light but luckily it didn't happen.
    I have driven in Houston and I found those drivers were shocking in their attitude but last year, I saw the drivers in Chicago and they are the worst I've seen in the USA so far.
    Thankfully we were both okay after the actions of that idiot.
    I'm coming up to a year now since I started dating my GF and we met at a club in Brisbane that is frequented by all members of the LGBTQI alphabet. Until we started our relationship, she'd never seen me dressed as a guy

Platinum Member
    Hi Princess, You just can't fix stupid !I'm glad that every thing was ok......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Silver Member
    I saw the drivers in Chicago and they are the worst I've seen in the USA so far. TRY BOSTON !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Princess29 View Post
    I've had two occasions when I was nearly cleaned up by someone who ran a red light but luckily it didn't happen.
    I have driven in Houston and I found those drivers were shocking in their attitude but last year, I saw the drivers in Chicago and they are the worst I've seen in the USA so far.
    Thankfully we were both okay after the actions of that idiot.
    I'm coming up to a year now since I started dating my GF and we met at a club in Brisbane that is frequented by all members of the LGBTQI alphabet. Until we started our relationship, she'd never seen me dressed as a guy

You know what they call Massachusetts drivers? Massholes