Thread: Got Funny "Trans" Stories?

Got Funny "Trans" Stories?

I have had several things happen to me recently that are funny, and have to do with transitioning. I call them "trans stories" - because they are things that could/would not have happened aside from the fact that I/we are transgender, transsexual, transitioning, or have transitioned. I will just post one here, and I am sure some of you may have some you would like to share.

I have my own business and I service a certain item in people's homes, and in schools and other businesses. I showed up for a service call last week and was greeted by a very attractive 30-something new female employee at this business. I said hello, and introduced myself. She said "Hello, I am Joanne Mills (name changed to protect the innocent). I am the new Mark." I must have gotten a shocked look on my face, and I know I paused for a few seconds at least, because of what was going through my mind right then. She then quickly offered her title - "I am the new events coordinator" - as if I did not know Mark, what he did, and that he had left the company. We chatted for maybe only a minute or so, and I recused myself because I needed to meet a completion deadline for my project.

When I was finished I went to her office, thanked her for introducing herself to me, and said I needed to tell her what I was thinking when she first introduced herself. Now I have worked with this company more than 10 years, and I know everyone, and everyone knows me. When I came out to the world about four months ago I had a sit-down talk with a couple of the employees I work with most often, and whom I consider to be friends. I know they shared this with everyone else, and of course would have informed this new employee who I was, because she would be the one greeting me when I arrived early this morning.

I said "I appreciated meeting you. Thank you for coming and introducing yourself. But I have to tell you, when you introduced yourself, said "I am the new Mark", I almost said "Wow, who was your surgeon? Because she did an awesome job!" She got a 'thinking now' look on her face, and when she realized what she had said, and that I am transgender (and perhaps that I might be looking for a surgeon?), she absolutely broke out in laughter.

I have a friend that I knew in male mode for years. We only see each other once or twice per year. I've been full time for a while now, but this was the first time he'd seen me, though word had filtered through the grapevine about me.

When he first greeted me, he looked down at my bust and feigned "turning the knobs" with his hands. I said "Sorry, you'll have to buy me dinner first!"

The week went on, and one evening he invited me and another friend to eat with him. He fed us a lovely dinner and then we relaxed, chatting over beers.

Suddenly he joked "I fed you dinner, do I get a feel?" I responded "Do you really want to feel one?" Surprised, he stammered "Uh, um, sure!" I said "Are you really sure?" Increasingly uncomfortable (remember, another male was present) he screwed up his courage and bravely said "Yes!"

I said "OK, fine." I reached into my tunic and pulled out the add-a-size form I was wearing. I handed the blob of silicone to the fellow, which he proceeded to hold like one would hold a long-dead fish!

We all had a good chuckle and I returned the form to its proper place!

Lololol Eryn!
    Enjoy our new life and seek peace Give love and kindness to others Live patience, self control, humility each day