Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First Time Out Fully Dressed

My first time out of the house, and away from the house, was probably forty years ago. Yes! I was terrified. I thought I was the only one on the planet like me. After perhaps 300, maybe 400 times there is no fear. It occurred to me quite some time ago that the fear and possible issues were, for the most part, in my mind. The reality is, no one cares. Just do it and be happy. Look nice, be nice and have a life.

Jeri

Southern Gurl
    It's been at least fifteen years. I still remember it like yesterday. Got all dressed up and headed out to the local gay club. It was drag night and I hoped to fit in. Everything went great until I pulled up in front of the club! I froze up cold. I couldn't touch the door handle, and my hand was shaking!!! I told myself that I had come this far and was not going home.. I sit there about an hour and a gurl just happen to walk by my car, and all of a sudden I lowered my window and said hello.. I asked if I could go in with her and she agreed. Had a wonderful time and meet some new friends. The fear my be great, but the experience is wonderful.

Went to Janet's Closet in Detroit (I live in Cleveland). Got a makeover and bought a wig. Put on a dress (way too young for me, I let the girls at Janet's talk me into it) and walked through a local mall. Scared, strangely no. Nervous, you bet! Walked though, was read by a bunch of teenage girls, left and headed for my hotel. Checked in dressed and was comfortable the balance of the evening. Sammy Rogers (from this here website) was kind enough to help me that evening and the rest is history.
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

Last night there was a Mardi Gras masquerade party hosted by the local LGBTQ group so I prepped all day to attend, thinking this might be a safe place to go out for the first time. I spent the day planning & prepping but had not yet been able to invest in any good clothes/hair/makeup...had to make do with a St Paddy's green wig from Walmart. Anyways, finally got all dressed and drove to the location. When I go there everything seemed quiet. I finally got the courage to get out of my car and walk to the place. A couple of GGs were outside complaining that it was empty. I looked through the windows and there were mostly (what looked like) traditional couples, and a lot of other people just there to eat (it was at a wings bar). I milled around for a couple of minutes but decided it was a little too risky to go all the way in. Walked back to the car and drove home. Although not the first experience I was hoping for, I'm proud that I had the courage to leave the house, drive to the place, and get out all dressed. Thanks to all for giving me the courage.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Let me Chime in. About 10 years ago. At a hotel, went out after what seemed like hours of nervous prep. Walked down the hall, elevator to lobby. Hung out in lobby had some coffee. Got in the car, drove to a fast food restaurant. I am positive I was made by the young girl in the restaurant when I ordered. Other than that I don't think I was. I have to say that I think that evening really gave me a ton of confidence and have been out a number of times since then. I am becoming pretty sure of myself (other than my voice). It is an amazing feeling for sure. I was also made a couple years ago by a female hotel clerk after I had gone to the nearby mall and came back only to find my room key card did not work. However she was very sweet other than she called me sir. But did tell me she liked my dress and thought overall I looked pretty good.

Platinum Member
    Petrifying. But one step ahead of another. Then talk and act normal, breath
    Last edited by kimdl93; 03-09-2017 at 12:20 PM.

Aspiring Member
    My first outing was just 2 weeks ago. I went to see my therapist fully dressed for the first time. I got dressed, did my makeup, got in my car, drove about an hour and a half, parked, walked one block to her office (which is out of her home on a fairly busy residential street), spent an hour and a half discussing the next steps in my life, walked back to my car, and drove home, then reverted to drab mode out of necessity.

Oddly I felt quite serene walking down the street, or driving.

Wow. The first time for me was somewhere in the early to mid 1950's. I dressed in my sisters a party dress, (black with empire waist , and low heels and went for a walk in my neighborhood at about 9 pm. I was house sitting so no one was home but me. Yes, my folks said at( about 10 years old ) I could be home alone for a few hours. Scared and thrilled all at the same time.
    joank
    Southern California

My first outing as Linda was to a local support group meeting. Yes, I was nervous but also excited since I was finally getting out, meeting others and spreading my wings.

Also, realize that most of our fears are self generated and unfounded.

Aspiring Member
    My first few times out were always at night. The very first time I was a teenager and long hair was in fashion, so I brushed it into a more feminine style, and wore a calf-length skirt and top. At the time, I had a fairly androgynous face, so with a bit of make-up I looked quite convincing, so I wasn't really that nervous. I did this only about 3 times.
    Many years later, I started going out again. It was such a long time since I'd done it before, so it was like the first time all over again, so really nervous for the first few times. I'd lurk in the shadows if I saw anyone coming, which was just ridiculous - I was probably drawing more attention to myself that way.

The first time out in daylight was strange. It was about 2 years ago. The rest of my family were overseas visiting family so I had the house to myself. I spent ages preparing my outfit, shoes etc. Shaved my beard, legs arms, and chest and spent ages doing my makeup and wig. Because I'd spent so long preparing, I looked quite convincing, so when I went out, I had no nerves at all. I drove to a place where I was unlikely to meet anyone I knew, and spent the afternoon walking by the beach. Made me feel so good.

I've gained some weight since then and find it less easy to look convincing. I could really do with losing between 10 and 20 kilos so I can rediscover my waist!. Going to have to work on that, I think.

Diane,

Yes, my first time out fully dressed I was very scared. I was supposed to meet two other ladies that couldn't make it at the last minute. I was already in the parking lot two blocks away and had to walk by myself to the shop. The only thing I didn't think through was what if other customers came in... Which did happen.

20170106_Fiamour_04.jpg

@--}----
    Michelle

I was six and went to an all girls party, the premise was that it was fancy dress so I was dressed as a girl.

I enjoyed myself immensely as all the other girls were dressed as girls.

I didn't get it at the time but I had been dressed many times by the girls as we played mothers and fathers a lot.

When I was eighteen I found out that playing mothers and fathers had totally different rules. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Spammer
    I am scared to. I have not been out in public dressed in full. I have at night when no one is around and hard to see in the dark. It is nerve racking and gets my guts turning. I want to go out but too scared for some reason. Maybe it is because I am afraid of being told "thats a guy" or "your a sicko" or something else of negativity. I grew up with negativity my whole life. and when it is given to me I fight back vigorously. It is something that I have been dealing with. So when I say it is hard for me to try and go out it is as one rude comment and that person would be knocked out. It excites me to think about going out or the possibilities. Exciting not in a sexual way. But being able to be some one else. Just a battle I have to deal with.

Umm . . .

I decided to jump right into the deep end of the pool. My first time out en femme I went (alone) to the Maryland Renaissance Festival. There must have been thousands of people there.

I rented a wench costume and wore it over my only bra and homemade foam forms. I wore a scarf to cover my head, since I didn't have a wig. The GGs at the rental counter had to lace me up in the underbust corset that I rented. And they were so cool and encouraging. I had just gone to Ulta (alone) to buy some makeup for this adventure, but it was my first time using it.

But it was exciting, not at all scary as it should have been, especially as I hardly got a second look. I did have a number of GGs give me a big smile as in I know what you're doing. I just gave them a big smile back.

There were only two scary parts. One guy wanted to take my picture an I kept turning my back on him. Finally his GF told him to leave me alone.

Then there was this drunk GM. He looked at me and said that girl is a dude. His friends grabbed him and dragged him away.

The best part. The dude at the food stand addressed me as "m'lady". I curtseyed.

Overall, it was WONDERFUL.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

At 12 years old dressed in a Girl Scout uniform sell cookies door to door with a friend, this was in 1962, Oklahoma.

Thanks for sharing..your stories really resonate with me..I can still after all these years (30 years in total - last 8 years HRT/transitioning) remember those feelings from my first time. Fortunately I had a GG help me with my makeup (red lips, false eyelashes etc), lend me a silver satin mini- skirt (great choice to remain inconspicuous I know!!!) and come out with me. I felt so feminine and in my youth was more passable and probably rocked a size 8!!!. We were just 2 pretty girls wearing their minis and heels out on the town. I practiced girl movements...walking, sitting, even dancing for months before the event and shaved every inch of my body. As I recall I wore a lot of clothes and lingerie...sheer stockings (hard to manage in minis), lace panties and bodysuit (wore a lot of lace in those days and still do) with attached suspenders with hip & butt thin foam padding, black lace 38DD bra stuffed with small rice/wheat bags (thankfully I had learnt how to tuck because it saved me when I was dancing and getting euphoric over the clothes and the situation). I got very excited particularly when some of my GG's male admirers and girlfriends pulled me on to the disco dance floor. I can even still remember the sound of GG's front door closing behind us as we started to make our way to the bus stop....felt doomed with no turning back but also amazingly excited. My passing was greatly challenged because my GGF was soo gorgeous that every guy we passed looked at her and obviously checked out both of us. So much fun...such reverie...hugs

My 1st time fully dressed I was very scared as I was going to a formal put on for crossdressers, transgender and the like, but after I was dressed and walked out my motel room which was in the same building as the formal I looked down at myself and thought wow this is awesome, from that point on I just enjoyed myself.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Peggie Lee View Post
    At 12 years old dressed in a Girl Scout uniform sell cookies door to door with a friend, this was in 1962, Oklahoma.
    Wow Peggy Lee I am so jealous, that would have been an awesome experience.
    Sophie Mosley