Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I have a dilemma, what to wear out to blend in the Great Pacific Northwest?

Where did you find the denim shirt dress? My wife has been looking for one for a couple of years. It used to be one of her go-to outfits and hers all wore out. Thanks for any info you've got!

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Peggy Gardiner View Post
    Moving here from sunnier climes is a bit of a shock to the system for some GGs I've spoken with. You have to deal with about 9 months of grey skies.
    It's a shock for guys too! I will admit the weather in the Puget Sound is great during the summer. The locals start to pass out when it hits the seventies. If it hits eighty it's a heat wave and that includes low humidity too. We try our best to keep as many people fro, immigrating here as possible. I always point out Mount Rainier is an active volcano, not a plain ordinary mountain. That keeps some away. The winters are harsher in the greater Portland area, the summers warmer. Of course eastern Washington and Oregon may as well be in another part of the country than the Pacific Northwest.

Pants and top can look trim taut and teriffic.

Yep in Seattle it can get too windy for a skirt.

I always wear pants and top.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Hello All, First the good; I had my little outing and it went very well, I had no problem blending in the rain at an almost empty park near me. Second the let down; I have never dressed as frumpy as I did yesterday. I wore the shirt-dress, yoga pants, running shoes, and a workout jacket. I guess I have a line between passing and pink haze; I was definitely passing because nobody wanted to look at me. But despite my fear of being clocked, I guess I did want at least a second glance from someone, man or woman. I still had a good time, I got outside, and I did go to more than one place for a walk. Funny thing, I found my biggest disappointment of the day was not a lack of looking pretty, but looking at myself in the mirror after I took my eye makeup off; the woman was gone... I can’t wait for better weather, and forget frumpy, I want age and location appropriate, and nice-looking! Oh, on a final note if you do wear a dress or skirt over leggings or yoga pants make sure they don’t ride up, ugh. Thank you for all the replies, lots of good advice, and kind words. Brenda
    Last edited by BrendaPDX; 02-21-2017 at 08:02 PM.