Thread: At the gym as a woman- help requested

At the gym as a woman- help requested

I am about to start personal training at a women's fitness facility. I live primarily as a male, but my plan is to work at my current job for a year and a half to save money and build skills and work on my feminine presentation so that I can start working as a woman. I recently had a 5 week temp job working as a woman and it was amazing. I realize that I might want to transition. If not, I at least want to spend the bulk of my time en femme. To help get my body in better shape, I looked around for personal trainers and luckily found a lovely place that will help me with meal planning and building up my butt, thinning out my waist, etc.

I want to ask a few questions of anyone who works out en femme.

1. What do you wear for makeup?
    Women don't tend to get fully made-up for the gym. You are there for a workout, not a photoshoot. However, I do have pretty masculine features, so I will need to wear at least some. Where should I draw the line? Foundation/blush/mascara? Or does mascara get messy in a workout?

2. What do you do for breasts?
    I have silicone forms that are great most of the time, but I can see them getting really sweaty and gross. My current other options are foam strapless bra ones that are super uncomfortable and really dig into my torso, and non-sports mastectomy bras. I am a bit short on cash, but I am considering waiting to get a mastectomy sports bra or some weighted foam form from that swimwear store. Any suggestions?

3. Tucking?
    Although the staff seem really great and I am sure they wouldn't care if I had a bit of a bulge in my leggings/shorts, I think it would feel strange and am am worried I might bother the other clients. My problem with tucking is I am not great at it. Also, even with gaffs, I am not super comfortable. I have very large thighs and my penis ends up getting squished with a lot of movements. I have a hard time crossing my legs and usually just cross my ankles.

Is there a better "sports" tuck? Should I just stick to looser shorts or skorts?

I really appreciate any feedback on any of these. I am really excited but also scared. It's a big step and I want to blend in with the other women as best I can.
    Last edited by Alex; 02-17-2017 at 12:39 AM.

Alex, you have a lot going on. Wear lite makeup if any. Are they that important to you that you have to [put a lot of makeup on to make them happy? Please yourself as to what is needed and how much effort you want to put into presentation.

If you normally wear silicone breast forms why stop wearing them. I little soap and water after a work out will clean then right up. Y0u willo eventually need to do the same on any type of foam forms too, and I think it is easier to clean up the silicone ones.

I prefer to see a male presenting in tight bottoms as female with a decent tuck. My preference which is not mandatory for others. If you have problems with that then wear some type of sport/athletic skirt which can help hide the bulge, or some baggy yoga pants instead of tight athletic tights!

if you wax or seriously trim your bikini line a "tape tuck" is very reliable

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I made a set of foam forms 10+ years ago. Cost a few bucks and took 30 minutes using just a pair of scissors. Altho I have countless top of line silicone forms I still wear the foam ones occasionally for golfing, hiking, etc. They r absorbent and weigh nothing so they don't impede movement and stay in place.

Tucking should not hurt or stop u from closing your legs. I tuck every time I dress. Including dancing for hours at clubs. Check out the sticky here on tucking. U may not be doing it properly.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Aspiring Member
    I recently bought two sports bras by Puma on sale. They come with removable foam inserts. I already have a small natural bust, so they boost things nicely. They by no means make me Dolly Parton, but give me a chest about equivalent to a B cup. Most importantly, they are very comfortable, and wick away moisture for working out. You'll probably be more flat-chested than with your silicone forms, but not completely so. When done, just toss them in the wash foam and all (or pull the inserts and wash separately, either way is OK I think). One is pink, the other blue, they were sold in pairs. I got them in size XL, normally I'm a 40C; they make me a 40B. Enough to still present femme and be noticeable in sports gear.

More power to you, I applaud your courage! I wish I had the courage to do the same but I live in a small town...

I work out at home 3 days a week in womens workout gear. You really need to ask yourself how much do you sweat. Eye liner and mascara is about the only makeup I can wear when I workout. Even lipstick gets in the way when I wipe sweat off of my face. As for tucking I just get a good pair of panties and leggings and everything usually stays in place. If you use silicone hip pads or forms use some antiperspirant on those areas, I use Dove antiperspirant on my hips and it helps keep them where they belong.

I might continue wearing thew silicones if I get a sports bra with mastectomy pockets, right now, I only have regular bras with them. Also, they feel kinda gross when they get all sweater. Finally, I bought them when I was a bit larger, and now think they may be a bit too big.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

I find it is reliable, but still not super comfy. My thighs are VERY large in proportion to my body. Having my wiener squished a little is ok and doesn't hurt, but it does affect my range of motion.

Yeah, that's what I am thinking. Foam will probs be better for sport things.

I have followed the instructions in the sticky. My thighs are just cartoonishly large. It's not that the tuck hurts, it just affects my range of motion, which will suck for pilates/yoga type of things.

Great advice, thanks! Yes, the amount of sweat is keys. Great idea with the antiperspirant where the forms are. Never thought of that!

I often rollerblade or do benefit races here in sunny Florida. My suggestion is tinted moisturizer and go light on mascara and eye liner as the sweat tends to give a "worn out *****" look to it after.! lol A high impact sports bra often has sepperated cups and is the right thing to wear with your silicone forms... Just wash the sweat out of them after..only takes a minute... Have fun!