Thread: A Group Dressing Project. Anybody Interested?

Question A Group Dressing Project. Anybody Interested?

Per Docrobbysherry's suggestion, I have included a Flickr link of my library of photos. If you are interested in participating in the challenge, let me know in this Thread or PM. If you wish to use a different image to interpret, please do! The idea is to have fun, so a literal interpretation isn't necessary. Let your imagination fly! OK, I know that Doc sets the bar high, but try we must! BTW, The Cherry Dress and the Ostrich is my selection.

https://flic.kr/s/aHskSnjvpo

About 10 years ago, I visited the Duck Decoy Museum in Salisbury. Don't yawn! Give me a chance to explain. One of the exhibits was a carving challenge in which the carver was given a feather, had to carve an identical feather from wood, and display them side-by-side. It was fascinating! This gave me an idea...

Here's my idea. I'm a complete sucker for the work of Frahm and Elvgren, two artists from the 1950's. I have a series of images that show the original picture of a model next to the rendition painted by Elvgren. My wife and I have discussed trying to recreate some of these images. So, I thought why not throw this idea out to our community; each participant would select an image and try to recreate it; then we would publish the photo of our recreation next to the original on the same day to this Forum.

I've included sample images below. If anybody is interested, pleas PM me and I'll figure out a way to get my image library to them for selection. We'll set a deadline and have some fun. I think this could be a lot of fun!

Elvgren
    Gil Elvgren 006.jpg Gil Elvgren 011.jpg

Frahm
    Art Frahm 4.jpg
    Last edited by Anne K; 02-20-2017 at 10:27 AM.

sounds fun don't know if I can do it but i might try
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Joyce,
    Oh do I love the old 30's and 40's pinup girls. I have always thought that the "Hint", the mystery, the illusion of almost, but still hidden is Sooo much sexier then like playboy. I would love you do your challenge, but at my age and with my figure I think I would do better in a monster movie recreation.
    I do look forward to see what other come up with.
    When I am still and quiet, people who do not know me think, Oh how cute she's shy.
    People who do know me think, OMG RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Girls will be boys and boys will be girls It's a mixed up muddled up shook up world except for Lola

I have no idea if I could pull it off, but it does sound like a fun little project and I'd like to give it a shot.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Yes. Sounds like fun given enuff time to organize it, Joyce. Why don't u post more pics here so we can all see them? U r allowed 10 per thread! I'm not sure you'll even get that many takers.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Thanks for the suggestion, Doc! I've modified my original Post to include a Flickr link.

Reni Howard
    Sounds like fun. Why not show us your example and we can then meet the challenge.

I am interested. I like those images as well.
    I have the image of Blake Lively I tried to recreate and also a German model that Robin44 said looked like me. I also was told I looked like a young Daryl Hannah, so I tried to recreate one of her.
    Hugs, Ellen

The Idea sounds like a lot of fun and it's something we REALLY need around here, the gallery is very nice too (though the artist has a thing for panties being around the ankles a lot) but I am realistic and there's not a chance in hell that i could ever do any one of those pictures lol
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Sounds like it could be fun. I might even have some of the wardrobe needed.

Hey I don't understand the idea quite clearly, but if it somehow means me recreating Elvgren paintings with myself as the model, I would love it!
    And so we go, on with our lives...
    We know the Truth, but prefer Lies.
    Lies are simple, simple is Bliss.
    Why go against tradition, when we can admit defeat,
    Live in Decline, be the victim of our own design?

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Wen, and all:

Click on the Flickr link Joyce posted in her OP. Then, just pick out a photo/drawing and copy it! Every time someone adds a photo to this thread it will pop back up to the top!

Quote Originally Posted by Wen4cd View Post
    Hey I don't understand the idea quite clearly, but if it somehow means me recreating Elvgren paintings with myself as the model, I would love it!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Well I'm jumping onboard with this! Gimme a little time to work something up.
    And so we go, on with our lives...
    We know the Truth, but prefer Lies.
    Lies are simple, simple is Bliss.
    Why go against tradition, when we can admit defeat,
    Live in Decline, be the victim of our own design?