Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seasonality

Seasonality

Hey All,

Has anyone ever taken notice of a seasonality to their version of gender identity. I always seem to have much stronger urges this time of year and in the late fall.

Just curious!

Jenn

For me it's almost exclusively a winter-time thing. When fall comes I get squirrely and make myself a comfy area and dress in it almost every weekend. Spring and summer are usually devoted to the outdoors.

For me it comes and goes but there is no season that seems to be stronger than others.

Interesting....never really thought about it....but now that the question has come up I will try to figure that one out!

|I use to but i think as you get a bit older it seems to always be there
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Hugs J-JAY

Never underestimate the power of brains and a push up bra.

Never complain about growing old, far too many people have been denied that privilege".

I think Becky is working to some seasonality, but it doesn't fit any known regular seasons, she seems to come and go as she pleases.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Lana Mae says 24/7 if I could get away with it!! Always there! Don't always dress but it is always there! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

I must say i have no control on it, it comes and goes... But, definitely, winter is when I want to do it much. Probably yes, right now toward the end of winter
    The best dress in my wardrobe? A happy smile!

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    I agree. I am a crossdresser of convenience, I never dress in July and August. It's to hot.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I like the colder weather because you can wrap up more when out, scarf, gloves, hat ect. Other than that it makes no difference.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Aspiring Member
    The urge is always there, but in summer the inconvenience is certainly a dis-incentive. I wear a wig when dressed, and that can get hot in summer so sometimes I do without, or wear a light scarf on my head. But I do dress; I have a nice full-length light summer dress, and a nice pair of white shorts and I plan to get another shorter summer dress now that I shave my legs. The latter I pair with camis or t's. And of course bra and panties, but in summer I'll occasionally use a bralette instead. In fact other than the wig, I prefer a light summer dress to anything else. It's all about air circulation! I would dress more if I could in summer but the usual constraints apply.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Sports have seasons. But, Sherry is apparently timeless and seasonless!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I still teach a couple of days each week. Most of the GG's I work with seem to like to wear boots, leggings, tights or tight blue jeans with a oversized sweater covering their backside. I copy their fashion sense trying to blend in on the few occasions I go out dressed.

That's something to think about. My desire is pretty consistent, but, living in TX, it's going to be really warm soon, and the wigs will probably go away until fall. The hose will also go buh-bye, and probably a lot of makeup also. The urge will still be there, but the wardrobe will change. Daisy Duke's and tube tops... can't wait!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I wear womens clothes all year long so they are my clothes.
    I dress 100% girl mode in public frequently all year long.
    Being TG I don't look at it as CDing. I am being my genuine self.

My interest in dressing has no seasons, but I do find that I go out less often in the summer months. Wearing a wig, makeup and corset can be pretty uncomfortable in the heat.

- Diane

The urges and feelings are always there for me and that never seems to change. The seasons are always changing and with that comes the different challenges that seem to make the urges and feelings more interesting and enjoyable. I try to make the best of it and enjoy no matter what the season. So I guess I would have to say no seasonality noticed by me.

The season does not influence my gender identity - I am and feel male all year around. However, the cooler months provide me with a greater opportunity to underdress. Pantyhose when wearing a pair of summer shorts are quite noticeable as is a bra and camisole under a simple tee shirt. Long trousers and a jacket conceal just about everything.

I would need to add my name to the list of those who prefer the cooler months and avoid the heat of the summer. Maybe it is because the process of being Sarah requires so much make-up and underclothing help that she becomes too over heated to enjoy the experience.
    Sarah Adams, mature girl from NH. My photos are on Flickr under vintage4sarah !

Great question that I have always wondered about myself. Interesting to read the responses. Seems to be all over the map. As for me, I am like Wen and the desires and pink fog begin to appear in September and increase from there. A highly variable pattern exists from February to April and by May the desire to fully dress basically declines to a very low level. However, no matter what time of year I try to wear men's shirts, sweaters, etc. that have feminine colors and my general gender based behavior remains 24/7 all year. The feminine becomes a bit more secondary to the masculine in the summer, but as the years go by that seems to be changing where more and more often the feminine is dominant most of the time, irrespective of what I am wearing. So the dressing changes through the year but the feminine identity is present all the time even though it might be mixed with a good deal of masculine.

Yeah, same here. I've also noticed many people seem to be more anxious during those seasons, so I am wondering if allergies play a part? Maybe from the stress?
    You are you. You are beautiful. Labels are worthless.

It's easier to underdress discreetly in the fall/winter/spring. Less so in the hot Midwest summer. My desire seems constant though.

Let's just say I have two new outfits that haven't been worn and are impatiently waiting for the arrival of spring. I luv the idea of being in a skirt or dress while feeling a warm spring breeze blowing over my nylon covered legs.

Karen

Jennifer, I am definitely a fair weather crossdresser, late spring, summer, and early fall are my favorites. The weather in the great northwest can bring some gloomy weather, not very condusive to skirts or dresses. I long for better weather and a little more feminine dressing. Brenda.

I tend to get the pink fog in the spring/summer months, it's usually seeing women in shorts/skirts/dresses everywhere I go that gets me going. I have dressed quite a bit this winter though