Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is the best job for a man who wants to wear dresses to work?

Smile What is the best job for a man who wants to wear dresses to work?

Is there such a thing? I know large corporations have to adhere to human resource if someone is transitioning but are there any jobs that is accepting enough to not care as long as you do your job? Just thought it might be a good question to ask if anyone has found any.

actually someone here has that job, they model for glamor boutique....pretty jelous myself....
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Work from home, you can wear what you wish.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Most places have a dress code or a listing of things not to wear.
    Depends on the job and OSHA regulations.
    Pushing a company or forcing them legally because you want to wear a dress isn't wise IMO.
    Just because you want to and can doesn't mean its the right thing to do.
    If you are actually transitioning from male to female that is different.

Aspiring Member
    Quite literally this morning I heard about Philip/Pippa Bunce on the radio. He works at Credit Suisse in the City (London) and dresses male for part of the week and as Pippa the other days. He/she clearly has a high powered job and considers him/her self as gender fluid. Tthe company and some other city firms have a very liberal LTGB code. One link is:

http://transformationuk.com/aboutus.html

But search the name and there is other information and images. I would like a job where he/she works please.

Vikky
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adventure before dementia

Not much of a job but when I worked for pizza Hut years ago. I was told the dress code was black pants or if it was my thing a black skirt, no shorts and their t shirt. There was no separate dress code for men or women.

Maybe I need to escape the states and move to London. Like we love your accent I would guess that people would love ours over there too. Still not sure what I would do though.... to dress in a dress as a mechanic wouldn't work either. lol

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Cool! Pizza Hut here I come!!! Ok maybe when it gets to where I need a second job....that's the first place I'll look! thanks!

I'm retired from the publishing industry but still do freelance work at home, day or two most weeks... and I almost always dress as office girl with wig and makeup, doing my best to look good. Makes it a lot more fun.

start your own company and make your own dress code dress as you wish as long as it looks good for the job your doing
    hugs
    Ronda

Pirate Queen wannabe Maria Blackwood's Avatar
    Professional female impersonator, likely a musical stage show.

Professional Bagpipper.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I worked dressed as a dj in a lesbian club in Austin for a stint. When the ladies wanted to line dance, you better oblige!

Work from home developer

Dress bard...Ross
    No regrets except I should have got dressed & stepped out sooner.

Banned Read only
    Joyce, I live in northwest Florida and it's one of the most conservative areas of our entire country. My first time out in public and my first stop was Sephora in the mall. The manager, four other sales and makeup artists and I had a blast for about 45 minutes until it was time for me to move on to Victoria's Secret.
    The girls in there told me there was a really cool guy who worked in there full time and half of the time he came to work dressed and made up like a girl and the other half of the time he came dressed as a guy. The customers love him and he really knows what he's talking about when it comes to applying makeup. I didn't get a chance to meet him that night but I'm guessing, based on the girl's comments, that Sephora would be one place you could cross dress as long as you were a real expert in applying makeup which takes plenty of study and practice to get good at just applying it on yourself. It takes much longer to know how to apply it to other girls or guys to make them look their very best....Sincerely Scarlett

Banned Spammer

Post caution in the USA with new administration

A bunch of Lgbt protections in the USA were just rolled back
    To the old no protections.
    Jobs that you don't have to deal with people mostly inperson.
    Its easier if you have a education and career then transition to stay employed
    Employers can claim undue burden.

Computer jobs like network engineering, makeup artist,hair stylist,fashion, retail women's clothing (sales,merchandising, buying,marketing..), military subcontractor(non Muslim countries),adult stores,web development, shoe stores,lgbt friendly areas...,nursing?, convalescent care?,dungeons.....,TV extra work in Hollywood California, transformation salons,beauty pageants and balls.,gay and lesbian centers,nonprofits...,tattoo shop,medical profession

My long list of jobs people i know do
    Who are TG,TS,CD DQ and out about it.
    Last edited by reinasblack; 02-23-2017 at 01:41 AM.

I used to work for Microsoft, and they seemed like they might be accepting. Never tested the waters, and don't know anybody that did. However, now I work for myself doing mainly computer design from the privacy of my own home. Best Boss Ever! LOL!

Banned Read only
    Joyce,
    Maybe it was the next best thing but I was a professional photographer for thirty years, so I was able to handle so many beautiful dresses during that time. Arranging full wedding dresses and having fun with the bridesmaids, then there was the mother's and guests to arrange . I wasn't so bothered about wearing wedding dresses although I did on occasions when they were left at my studio, I always wanted to be a bridesmaid, their dresses came in lovely colours and were usually nicer and easier to wear .

I've talked about Andrej Pejic here before. Andrej was a male model (he's transitioned now) who started modeling both men's and women's clothing. They put him in everything from wedding gowns to bras and either marched him down the runway or did photo shoots. What a gig. My dream job.

Silver Member
    All kidding aside, aside from being self employed (and even that depends on who you work with in person), you could look into some kind of job where you work with trans people (but those are very few and far between.) You best bet would probably be some sort of jobs working with alternative folks (tattoo/piercing shop, etc.) who are very tolerant of how people present themselves.

Just remember, when it comes to working for others, regardless of the laws in place, if you don't like how you dress they will find something to fire you for. If you need to survive, I'd keep wearing dresses outside of the workplace.

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    Theater is the best with regional shows performing "La Cage a Faux" and "Pageant" regularly somewhere. There is even an all male stage show of "The Facts of Life" and "Golden Girls". I would not mind doing "Petticoat Junction" meets "The Golden Girls". Of course there is the tried and true "go to" profession to simply become a Female Impersonator. Is that even a politically correct job title anymore? I actually know people outside the entertainment field who simply applied for their jobs as transgendered and go to work dressed as feminine as they feel that day, dresses or slacks but always feminine. Once you go down that path you usually cannot go back and forth without chaanging jobs again. Amazingly, most of those that I know who did this are IT people. Hum!

There are companies out there that accept trans people and allow crossdressing in the workplace. Before I retired I worked for one of those companies. I went to work wearing a short unisex style wig, light makeup, women's slacks, a women's button type blouse, and walking shoes for comfort. I was a sales rep and never had problems with supervisors, co-workers, or customers that I had to deal with. After I retired, I worked a part time job for a different company which also allowed crossdressing in the workplace. I wore the same type of clothing as I did in my full time job. However, with both of these companies dresses for women were not allowed in the workplace so I had to wear slacks but that was OK with me. Good luck in your search.

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    Joyce, I work for VF. My former manager told me when I half jokingly asked why women could wear capris but men had to wear long pants year round, that all I had to say was that I identified as a woman, wear whatever was in the dress code for women, and no one could say a word.

Banned Spammer
    In Hollywood California if you go to a gay and lesbian center ,they have job listings of companies that allow cross dressers/TG.
    They recently lost lots of funding $$$$ .

https://lalgbtcenter.org
    Last edited by reinasblack; 02-26-2017 at 05:17 PM.

I had a trans friend who went to work for Amazon (as a developer) after school partly because they are LGBTQ friendly. A lot of the big Silicon Valley companies tend to be - Facebook, Google, etc. I'm a developer in DC and my firm is pretty liberal and I bet they'd be totally fine with me wearing a dress to work if only I were bold enough to try. I just dress when I work from home for now.