Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oh Doris ! Did you have to do that ?

Banned Read only

Oh Doris ! Did you have to do that ?

I knew my wife was meeting up with a friend for lunch but because she didn't have time she asked me to do the supermarket shopping, I never object to that so when I arrived home she checked things off to make sure I'd not forgotten anything, I know she's actually checking to see if I've bought items for myself like holdups or makeup, this time I hadn't .
    I really needed the time while she was out to check some things out for the St. Patrick's day party at my social group in March. I'd bought a lovely silk emerald green top and a very short zig zag hemmed skirt in green from my local fancydress shop . I had it all on and was checking in the full length mirror in the bedroom when out of the corner of my eye saw two of my six foot fence panels flying across my drive at waist height. I did my usual Dick Dastardly impression and reluctantly took everything off , grabbed some old working clothes and went out to salvage what I could.

I looked up at the sky and thought Oh Doris ( that's the name they'd given the storm raging at that moment ) why did you have to do that ?

I don't suppose this will go down as a first but how many of us wait for those few precious moments, and usually it's family or delivery men that mess it up but to have to rush out of the house underdressed in bra, suspender belt and stockings to rescue your fence !

I never liked the name Doris all that much I dislike it even more now ! OK so we just have to take it with a pinch of salt and smile about it !!
    Last edited by Teresa; 02-23-2017 at 08:50 AM.

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    When I hear the name Doris all I can see is my Idol, the girl I always wanted to be.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Teresa, I know how you felt. Giving yourself a `dress rehearsal`and then having to do a quick change can be a bit of a bummer.

We have also had (Doris) hit hard here in Birmingham.and it is still rather blowy, but the wind does seem to be getting slightly less fierce now. Hope you have everything sorted now.

Julie.

Banned Read only
    Julie,
    Not over here yet , I'm going to have fun tomorrow, two of my neighbour's conifer trees have just blown down across my garden they must be about 60 feet because they stretch almost from one side to the other. No dressing for me it looks like the Huskies will have plenty to do.

Just make sure that you are not hit by flying debris while out there in full regalia with just a pair of jeans and a worksheet to cover it all up.

Aspiring Member
    Hi Teresa

I know the feeling. Took the dog out early underdressed (me not him) and could hardly stand up at times. All I was thinking about was – what if I get hit by a tree or branch falling over and the ambulance finds me in womens underwear.

Later had my boobs in as well (under drab) as I was working in my office, and had caller after caller at the front door resulting in quick adjustment of dress and check all OK before opening the front door.

Can’t a girl get any pretty time?

Vikky
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adventure before dementia

I hate it when people or things take away from my girl time

Oh how this all takes me back... Just love being feminine!

Jamie
    At the makeup counter

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    A few weeks back we had a terrible wind storm that tore a huge branch off one of my trees. It took the gardeners half a day to cut it all up. But, it damage a long section of fence and broke a big plate glass panel leaning on the fence. Took me several days to repair and reinforce the fence. And, 2 full trash cans for the broken glass.

Only to have another wind storm roll thru last week that blew down another section of fence! Spent this week repairing that. Please! For everyone's sake, no more wind storms this season!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    Sherry,
    Doris has rolled on into northern Europe, I understand they are trying to put a levy on it before it comes back , they'll try any trick for a pay out !!

I now have two sixty foot trees to deal with plus the root ball, somewhere underneath is my wrought iron rose arch and one of my apple trees is no more. My front garden has fence panels to be replaced , my wife is overjoyed , no more dressing until it's all sorted !!

We had a crazy wind storm and tornadoes with lightning and heavy rain last week. Crazy night and well don't have any fences but stuff was blowing around like crazy. What is it with these wind storms.
    Part Time Girl

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    It so happens that the postie arrives just as I'm getting ready on my dress days, fine if it's just letters but almost every other day there is something to be signed for or which won't go through the letterbox. I've often done a sprint downstairs with my femme underwear on under my drab to answer the door. Incidentally 'Doris' also took down one of my fence panels.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Hi Teresa

I know Doris upset your plans

In the words of the other Doris

Que Sera, Sera,
    Whatever will be, will be
    The future's not ours, to see
    Que Sera, Sera
    What will be, will be
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Banned Read only
    Shelly,
    Maybe try that one on voice mail !

I think you had a pasting with the storm did you get the snow as well ?.

Banned Read only
    I've had delivery persons dropping off something and ringing the doorbell. When I am attired as Stephanie I make sure the drapes on the front window are drawn. Short of the house being on fire there is no reason to answer the door. When my wife is at work she does not come home unexpectedly as she does not drive. If she needs assistance she would call and ask me for a ride. I do make sure after I have donned my feminine wardrobe for the day I pack away what I have not chosen to wear. That minimizes the amount of clothes I would have to repack if I do have an unexpected intrusion.

I wonder what cross dressers do when the tornado sirens blare in the tornado belt. Disrobe before hiding in the cellar or bathtub?

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    OMG! Hopefully you'll have help with those trees? What a nitemare! But, I guess you're lucky they didn't come down on your house, Teresa!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Often one wonders just exactly whose side nature is on... I have twice had safe days alone at home with hours of Becky time only for the temperature to soar to over 42c (that 116f) too hot to do anything even with aircon.

Teresa, I hope you get your property sorted out soon and you can get back to nice girly pursuits asap
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Platinum Member
    Hi Teresa, Isn't it just amazing how life has a way of getting away......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Powers been down twice tonight because of Doris. 1st time for 3 hours - and just now for about an hour.

My laptop is a gaming laptop and it EATS power when gaming. I was gaming... GTA5 lasted my battery all of 30 minutes before it shutdown.

I know there is a techie or 2 on the forum so I will post a pic. It's a bit old now (2 years) but still plays most things on ultra settings. I keep meaning to upgrade it... but the cost of an upgrade is buttock clenching...

main.jpg

cpu.jpg

graphics.jpg

Some geekiness will never leave me.

And a gaming evening ruined. Dammit.

Count your blessings, Teresa. At least the panels didn't kill you!

Increasingly finding it hard to comprehend why we divide plots with wooden sails that rot and blow down. What has happened to hedges with simple wire fencing?

Banned Read only
    Gardner,
    Most of my property has hedges but the the sides of my frontage have wooden fences, I believe the gusts were up to 80 mph in our area.

Sherry ,
    It won't take long with my large "Huskey" , the problem is what do I do with all the stuff I cut off , I guess it's my neighbour's problem , I'll just stack it up in his garden .

Know just what you mean Teresa, I was underdressed yesterday when an urgent call came in from a close neighbour, one of thier trees had come down and was blocking the road could I go round with my chainsaw and cut it up to clear the road. No time to change so it had to be very careful cutting , I didnt want to have to explian why I was wearing stockings panties and a cami under work clothes.

Yes, this happened to me yesterday as well. I woz finished for the day and looking forward to a few hours alone at home when the 'phone rang. Had to go back out and fix some storm damage. By the time i got back in the chance had gone
    Good luck clearing the damage Teresa!

Banned Read only
    This is the result of Doris, I've managed to clear most of it but hit a snag with the chainsaws. I fitted a new chain on my 15" saw , it must have been defective because it came off damaging the bar. My 18" saw should have had a service but refused to run smoothly, it looks like a fuel blockage. My only option now is to put the 18" bar on the smaller saw with a new chain, it's OK I've done it before the little 141 Husky has plenty of power to pull the bigger bar .

I found three trees had blown over, they are just over sixty feet long , you can just see the root ball on the left its about ten feet high, maybe you can judge the scale by comparing it with the garden bench. Underneath all that is a large wrought iron rose arch , sadly the apple tree we use for eating is no more.
    Last edited by Teresa; 02-25-2017 at 08:20 AM.