Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: For our SENIOR CD ladies

Silver Member
    Hi, Julie! 92 ! WOW!! May your dressing pleasures continue forever!!

Coming up on 60, and growing up in Scotland, there wasn't much in the way of "resources" available in the early 70s. Thankfully, we've moved on from the thought process that crossdressing is a "mental illness", and although we're still a very misunderstood section of society, there are many more places (like this one!) we can turn to.
    Knowing yourself is so much more, Take one step forward and you open up the door. T'pau - Secret Garden.

Check out my blog - You Can't Do That With People

Here's a first for me. I don't think I have ever replied to the same thread twice, but here goes.

I realize that I am probably not surprising any of you with this, but just in case you haven't been over there yet, there is another thread in progress entitled “Digital Transgender Archive.”

If any of you millennial-age girls want to see some of the publications being referenced on this thread, or if, like me, any of you other more mature ladies want to reminisce, then check out the links over on that thread.

Just to name a few, there are collections of Chrysalis, Cross-Talk, Drag, Female Mimics, LadyLike, Transgender Tapestry, and many others. There's even the one I never managed to get my hands on, JoAnn Roberts' publication, Art and Illusion: a Guide to Crossdressing. No sign of Transvestia though.

Salutes to Peggy Gardiner for giving us that other thread. Isn't it nice to live in the information age?
    Love, Ellen
    l

I do remember Virginia Prince and the Time magazine article. I remember the Time article because my parents tore it from the magazine so my brother and I would not " see it and get ideas". I read it at the library a month later. I also would purchase in the late 70's and early 80's copies of Penthouse Forum. The transvestive and transgender stories were fascinating to a young person seeking answers in the middle of nowhere. The college library also had a few books and obscure medical papers on file that gave me more info. So some info was out there, but you really had to dig for it. You now see more than all I ever read over those years just logging on to this website. Things are improving for educating us. We need to educate everyone else now.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    Speaking of Virginia Prince......

I meet Virginia a couple of times in the '90s at a couple of east coast CD weekends.

One time, she saw me (out side) with a cup of coffee in one hand and a cigarette in another.
    I was talking with Virginia and she gave me a very friendly "lecture" about smoking and too much caffeine etc .
    She was evidently very adamant about clean and healthy living.

I have always remembered Virginia's words to me .... particularly when I quit smoking about 15 years ago.
    Last edited by Barbara Jo; 03-07-2017 at 11:53 AM.

Jenny22,

Lots of fond memories in here.
    I remember watching film of Christine Jorgensen walking down the stairs from the plane, probably early 60's 10th anniversary, asking my father what was so special about her. He said that she used to be a boy but had surgery to turn him into her. I was amazed that that was possible but then again I was only 10 years old. I also remember how pretty I thought she was.

I remember laying on my top bunk for hours, looking over the ladies in the Bra section of the Sears catalog.

No magazines, no shops, but I did "borrow" my mother's bras every now and then.

Never knew there were this many others with similar desires out there.

Hugs, Connie Marie

This is bringing back some memories - when I was a little kid we had a doll that was Flip Wilson on one side and Geraldine on the other, that thing messed up my circuitry I'm pretty sure! I loved checking out the risque parts of catalogs too.

Just remembered watching Glen or Glenda when I was about 12. That actually presented a wholesome message, as awful as its execution might have been. Tootsie and Dressed to Kill on the other hand suggested to me that CDs were opportunistic or flat out nuts, respectively.

Monty Python were favs for comedy and they showed to me that very talented and intelligent people had no qualms about dressing up. Later on came the also brilliant troupe the Kids In The Hall who were much more fetching - Dave Foley, grr...
    Last edited by Peggy Gardiner; 04-03-2017 at 03:45 PM.

I'm 70. Lots good memories in this thread. You can now relive all those great publications and many, many more at the URL listed below. I've just recently found it and have been glued to it for several days. Give it a look!

https://www.digitaltransgenderarchive.net/

met her once at a support group on San Diego Wonderful person although a bit opinionated
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

I can identify with so much of what's been recounted here. Growing up in a rural area there was no access to such magazines, and TV references in Dear Abby were few and far between. I did marathon research in library psychology sections, but the rewards there were few until I went off to a college with a better-stocked library. My only pathway out of the closet didn't come until the Internet arrived.
    Can you zip me up?

Actually, I never thought to do research about it. I didn't perceive my desires as "clinical" so-to-speak. Much later, with the Internet around, I did do some research just to see what the "experts" were saying. None of it changed me in the least.

Lauren
    Lauren Nicole DeHart
    Call me Nikki

Renee Richards in Sports Illustrated. There was a copy in the library at my high school. I don't know how many times I took that magazine to the reading table and just stared at those pictures and dreamed. I was particularly fascinated by her big hoop earrings... and her boobs... and her thin, arched eyebrows. Other than that, adult bookstores.