Thread: "Men arw happier people"

"Men arw happier people"

My wife sent this to me. She would probably freak out if she knew how well I related to the woman's side of the equation. For example,

1. A five-day vacation requires three suitcases: 1 for boy stuff, 1 for girls stuff and 1 for shoes.
    2. I have many wigs, and may change my hair style and color twice a day.
    3. I can never seem to "do" my nails. I still have trouble painting inside the lines.

What about you?

This needs no explanation - and is a fun read, no matter your gender.
    Men Are Just Happier People.

What do you expect from such simple creatures? Your last name stays put. The garage is all yours. Wedding plans take care of themselves. Chocolate is just another snack. You can never be pregnant. You can wear a white T-shirt to a water park. You can wear NO shirt to a water park.

Car mechanics tell you the truth. The world is your urinal. You never have to drive to another gas station restroom because this one is just too icky. You don't have to stop and think of which way to turn a nut on a bolt. Same work, more pay. Wrinkles add character. Wedding dress $5000. Tux rental-$100. People never stare at your chest when you're talking to them. New shoes don't cut, blister, or mangle your feet. One mood all the time. Phone conversations are over in 30 seconds flat. You know stuff about tanks.

A five-day vacation requires only one suitcase. You can open all your own jars. You get extra credit for the slightest act of thoughtfulness. If someone forgets to invite you, he or she can still be your friend. Your underwear is $8.95 for a three-pack. Two pairs of shoes are more than enough. You almost never have strap problems in public. You are unable to see wrinkles in your clothes. Everything on your face stays its original color. The same hairstyle lasts for years, maybe decades. You only have to shave your face and neck.

You can play with toys all your life. One wallet and one pair of shoes -- one color for all seasons. You can wear shorts no matter how your legs look. You can 'do' your nails with a pocket knife. You have freedom of choice concerning growing a mustache. You can do Christmas shopping for 25 relatives On December 24 in 25 minutes. No wonder men are happier.

NICKNAMES
    � If Laura, Kate and Sarah go out for lunch, they will call each other Laura, Kate and Sarah.
    � If Mike, Dave and John go out, they will affectionately refer to each other as Fat Boy, Bubba and Wildman.

EATING OUT
    � When the bill arrives, Mike, Dave and John will each throw in $20, even though it's only for $32.50. None of them will have anything smaller and none will actually admit they want change back.
    � When the girls get their bill, out come the pocket calculators.

MONEY
    � A man will pay $2 for a $1 item he needs.
    � A woman will pay $1 for a $2 item that she doesn't need but it's on sale.

BATHROOMS
    � A man has six items in his bathroom: toothbrush and toothpaste, shaving cream, razor, a bar of soap, and a towel.
    � The average number of items in the typical woman's bathroom is 337. A man would not be able to identify more than 20 of these items.

ARGUMENTS
    � A woman has the last word in any argument.
    � Anything a man says after that is the beginning of a new argument.

FUTURE
    � A woman worries about the future until she gets a husband.
    � A man never worries about the future until he gets a wife.

MARRIAGE
    � A woman marries a man expecting he will change, but he doesn't.
    � A man marries a woman expecting that she won't change, but she does.

DRESSING UP
    � A woman will dress up to go shopping, water the plants, empty the trash, answer the phone, read a book, and get the mail.
    � A man will dress up for weddings and funerals.

NATURAL
    � Men wake up as good-looking as they went to bed.
    � Women somehow deteriorate during the night.

OFFSPRING
    � Ah, children. A woman knows all about her children. She knows about dentist appointments and romances, best friends, favorite foods, secret fears and hopes and dreams.
    � A man is vaguely aware of some short people living in the house.

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY

A married man should forget his mistakes. There's no use in two people remembering the same thing!
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Silver Member
    That is pretty funny. Sure, stereotypical, but funny. And even true in a couple of points.

Silver Member
    And yet, here we are, some part time female emulators, and some who can't wait another minute to be a woman. Why?

This world forces women to work harder, sacrifice more and accept less in return than men. Why would we want to be women?

On a TV show I'm watching, (Orange is the new Black, I think but I'm not sure) a female character said "A man wanting to be a woman is like winning the lottery and trying to give the ticket back". Why do we flirt with forfeiting our male privilege?

Because it's who we are.

To me, it's simply a problem of great expectations. Women are raised to believe that they're all princesses, and that their prince will someday come and sweep them off their feet and they'll live like high society rich folks. One comedian explained it best, when describing the women in his audience: 'Every woman in here believes that she settled. You guys aren't her first choice; you aren't even her second or third choice. Every woman here really believes that she could get Ryan Gosling, if she was wearing the right stuff and was in the right place at the right time. YOU, however, are what she had to settle for because that situation never happened. But she really believes that it could'. It's all because of the Cinderella story. And every girl believes it with all her heart. So when life doesn't become wonderful for her with no effort on her part other than to fit into the right shoe, she's always disappointed.
    Men, on the other hand, tend to expect nothing without working our asses off for it. If and when a pretty girl appears once in a blue moon that likes us and we even get to kiss her, we're happy about it for a week....longer if we get any further. Doesn't take much to make a man happy. Or a crossdresser. Why, two days ago some new panties arrived in the mail, and that's all it took for me to be ecstatic for hours on end. How many people get that much happiness for a couple of days by some new underwear?

Quote Originally Posted by suzanne View Post
    a female character said "A man wanting to be a woman is like winning the lottery and trying to give the ticket back". Why do we flirt with forfeiting our male privilege?
    Because it's who we are.
    Non TG people very, very rarely understand. Until you've experienced the sensation of being not what you're supposed to be, you can't.
    Last edited by sometimes_miss; 02-24-2017 at 08:25 AM.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Pirate Queen wannabe Maria Blackwood's Avatar
    My long growing desire to be the other gender has boo zip to do with anything outside myself.

Yeah, men in the US are so much happier they have 3.5x the suicide rate.
    Last edited by Maria Blackwood; 02-24-2017 at 10:56 AM.

Sorry, sometimes_miss, but I think you missed this time. In that same audience the comedian could also have said there were men there unshaven, unshowered with their stained t-shirts untucked because they think it hides their belly fat who sincerely believe they could get together with Katy Perry (or whomever) if they only met her under the right circumstances. That's why they annoy the blond at the bar or the waitress just trying to do her job -- because they unrealistically think they have a shot. What that comedian's screed described was human behavior, not women's behavior.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Silver Member
    Oh darn it, getting dragged into it.

Ok, there were some funny points, aand it is easy and common to point out how "the other half" has it easier. But the reality is, even though there are certain things that are easier or better for one gender, and privileged (vomit) does exist, it exists for both sides.

ARE men happier? They die sooner on average, smile a heck of a lot less, and do not have as much casual physical contact. Worries? I remember Rosanne Bars early stand up routine about men, and her recognition of the admiration of the common guy to be a good husband, stand through the current and face life adversity with their wives and family. Not sexy, glamorous or outstanding.

woman dreams of being able to sink into a man's arms but ends up with her arms in his sink.

Great humor piece Steffi. Thanks for sharing!

Very funny so much of it is true
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

Quote Originally Posted by Ally 2112 View Post
    Very funny so much of it is true
    Yeah, makes me glad that I am still a guy under all the petticoats!!!

I built so many model airplanes, ships, and tanks (plus an HO model railroad) as a kid that painting my nails for the first time was ridiculously easy. But I did learn (with some help from my wife, that one of the differences between cheap nail polish and the good stuff is the quality of the brush that comes with the bottle. So I try to collect quality nail polishes.

While I am glad I had a chance to live as a guy, I have learned through a lot of trial and error, therapy and gender transition, that I am very much a girly girl.
    Carries a spray bottle of "pink fog" around with her in her purse at all times.

Pretty funny and typecast with some truisms. Perhaps we can start a counter list.. here are a few
    As a male
    - You have to shave every day or look messy
    - You look how you look, no way to cover bad skin or features
    - Balding - need I say more
    - You have to continuously compete with Fat Boy, Bubba and Wildman as to who is more macho
    - You struggle to find clothes that are not black or blue
    - You have to hide your emotions constantly
    - Long hair can make some very ordinary people look good
    - Our clothes have no ability to hide anything
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Pirate Queen wannabe Maria Blackwood's Avatar
    It's just the "grass is greener on the other side" effect in action when, outside of ideological camps, you have parity relative to history or other parts of the world.

Steffi,
    I laughed so hard, because so much of it is true. I'm single and sane (for the most part,) and I work from home. I share my home with a cat and a dog (both females.) At times I feel that the feminine side of me is more dominant and can be a little more practical. At other times I wonder just who this "dingbat" is that I'm living with. I used to bitch about stockings, bras and whatever else was hanging on the shower rod to dry, and the assortment of products on the vanity. Now, it's all my stuff, and I'm mostly okay with that.
    Of course, this brings up a whole lot of other observations and revelations.
    I feel like I'm finally living with a woman that doesn't nag me about everything I do. She understands me, and I 'mostly' understand her. LOL
    But, the woman I live with now (me) has full access to all of my bank accounts and credit cards, and I have no choice in the matter. So, I guess I'll die broke, but I will look fabulous when I go... Ha Ha