Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Dressing and sexual gratification

Reine, not for one moment disagreeing that some CD's get a sexual turn on with the thought of dressing as a woman, I was once like that many years ago. People are free of course to chose what they think they are but Blanchard Lawrence and co are out of sync with most modern thinking.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Banned Read only
    Becky,
    I have read that debunking article, if you choose to find fault with something right or wrong you are entitled to your opinion. I have said that Blanchard did upset some people but surprisingly many are using the basic principal on the basis of their current work and I have found more articles to back it up, the only difference is they don't shout it from the rooftops.
    You appear to think I'm brainwashed with all this, as Reine says if you feel it fits your circumstances then go with it. As I have said before it ties in with how my CDing started , nothing else has explained it especially now I have the information on TGs with AGP .

I still feel it's wrong to call another opinion " bunk or trash " my gut feeling tells me it's right, I can now move forward and try and deal what the consequences of it, nothing else has opened that door for me.

Reine,
    As I understood it AGP breaks down as loving yourself as a woman, again updated work has shown AGP is not all about sex, some people with it don't have the sexual content , they want to be seen and accepted as a woman and that's it .

Quote Originally Posted by Becky Blue View Post
    People are free of course to chose what they think they are but Blanchard Lawrence and co are out of sync with most modern thinking.
    When you say "modern thinking", you are alluding to modern theories. Theories do indeed evolve and as mentioned, excellent arguments can be made pro or against evolving theories. But, outside of the theory is "modern" actual experience. If a number of CDers currently say they get a sexual kick out of the CDing, then are you telling me that, because they don't fit into a theory that someone has developed, they are wrong in their own personal assessments?

If, on the other hand, you are wanting to debunk the idea that AGP is a motive for transition (as it was at first described by Blanchard), then I agree. This was debunked long ago. I do not believe that transsexuals transition for the motive of sexual gratification. But, this does not take away from the fact that many non-transitioners (CDers) do experience sexual excitement over their own presentation as women and that further, AGP is an accurate term (see the bottom of my post #100) to describe what they experience.
    Last edited by ReineD; 03-14-2017 at 04:34 PM.
    Reine

I am one of those Cds that each time I dress in lingerie or even in any type of female clothes its always sexual excitment. The turn on is thinking that I am a female, the sexual part has been with me since I first started dressing many years ago. Any time I dress I find that my panties always end up being a little damp!!

Teresa, as I said in an earlier post people should be free to believe whatever they want about themselves. I posted some of the counter views to AGP so that some of the people reading this thread could read about both views. I am all for information.

Reine, I am most definitely agreeing with you. I was most definitely not saying that because people don't fit into a theory their feelings are invalid. I was actually trying to say that perhaps some theories are built around how people feel/behave and maybe the research and science behind them is a bit soft.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Oh OK. I thought that when you said,

Quote Originally Posted by Becky Blue View Post
    Julia Serano has done a lot of work debunking AGP ...
    ... you were agreeing with Julia Serano that AGP should be debunked. I did click on your link, but it is a mass of articles that would take forever to read and I'm not quite sure what Serano is saying exactly - whether she maintains that nobody ever experiences AGP ever, or that when transsexuals transition, they do not do so for fetish reasons.

So we agree then ... AGP is alive and well among many individuals here, but it is not a motive when transsexuals transition, as was initially proposed by Blanchard?
    Reine

From the first time I slipped my mother's peignoir over my head and let it slide down over my body, slowly putting on the matching robe and tying each sheer tie with care, I knew this was something big. As I hesitantly turned towards the mirror and got my first glimpse of myself, I saw something I'll never forget.I Felt something so strong as to literally make me dizzy and dare I say swoon. Was it sexual? Yes!! Was it something more as well? Yes again, although at the time I had no understanding of what that was! As I grew and matured my dressing did too. It isn't so much a sexual thrill today as it is a sensual experience. The fabric, the lace, the swirl...I still swoon a bit, especially when I wear something new and pretty for the first time! While I would love to dress more androgynous in my work a day, it would be impractical and cause way too many issues in both my private and public life. I think for me, keeping it more on the sexual side is almost a stop gap to preventing my fem side from infiltrating too far into my every day life. I've been there and done that, didn't end well....

Most of the problem with these terms is the generalizations and connotations attached to them. As transvestite has a more clinical sound to it, it connotes something wrong or diseased and is considered negtative. The term ,however, has no sexual aspects connected with it unless someone with a greater ego than intelligence or perception defines it that way and someone with even lesser intelligence takes that definition at face value.
    The fact that this organization put it out under their letterhead makes them suspect and at best a poor source for information.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

A little bit of both I guess, I do sometimes get sexual gratification from dressing but I can also just dress because I like the fashion and how it looks on me. Also, when I picture "transvestite" I think Rocky Horror Picture Show so I'd say I'm more of a CDer

Ah-May-Lee
    I am not cd or transvestite. I don't get sexual satisfaction from dressing.

I am a woman and the only time I dress for sexual reasons is when I use to walk the streets for men. I use to dress for men's sexual satisfaction.
    Last edited by Amelie; 03-19-2017 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Had to change a word.
    In solitude where we are least alone. Byron

Aspiring Member
    Yes mine too my panties do end up. A lttle damp

I am like any women, when I get in the mood, i like to dress in something nice and do it

I remember at age 4 that girl's clothes were cooler than boys, docks vs tights, sneakers vs Mary Jane's, then after i started wearing them, as a teen, it became more sexual. As an adult, I feel that it is just an extension of me. No different than wearing a favorite team jersey.

Banned Read only
    Well checking out my ass maybe for a second and giving something a twang. Other than that, only if it's sexy time any way.

Banned Spammer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandin Meknickers View Post
    Well checking out my ass maybe for a second and giving something a twang. Other than that, only if it's sexy time any way.
    Haha I think you and I will get along very well!
    Our humour is similar

As for the post...in the past yes, now. No.
    I am happy as a girl but not particularly turned on by being one (most of the time anyway)