Thread: Mixed Messages Part II

Mixed Messages Part II

Several months ago I posted an observation that my DADT SO was OK with me wearing leggings, primarily as pajamas. That morphed into her buying tights for me, and eventually support pantyhose when I mentioned they helped with leg fatigue. She was always encouraging me to buy more leggings and tights when Ross or Marshall's had their clearance sales. I now have at least 30 pair, some of which are highly patterned, and some very sheer hose.

A few weeks back I mentioned that one of the things I really wanted to go with these was some longer men's tops that would go down about mid-thigh, sort of like women's tunics. That would cover up any indiscreet bulge from my boy parts under the leggings when I was lounging about. I was surprised to her her say that she had just bought some tunics at Target and would I like to try them on.

Oh boy, do not over-react and spoil this I think. With as much nonchalance as I could muster, I said sure. The first top was a wine colored filmy rayon turtleneck that was a little clingy, but felt so good. She had a black one that I liked better, and when I told her I thought black was a better color, she brings out what could only be called a dress.

It's made from the same silky rayon fabric but has a cowl neck and goes to the knee. There is no way I think that she'll go for this, but she says try it on. I had on some dark purple tights at the time, and they really looked good together. I said it felt terrific, and I was stunned to her her suggest I wear it for the evening. I look very feminine in this, and I asked if she was really OK with it. Since she has previously said I couldn't crossdress, this created a true mind warp when she said sure.

I wore the "top" to bed with tights and she didn't say anything the next morning. That evening she said that we should go back to Target while they still had the clearance stuff and look for more tops. They had plenty in the XXL size she recommended, and we came out of the store with a half dozen tops and one more that is actually a knit dress. I haven't worn that yet, and I'm trying to tone it down and wear boy clothes more often so it doesn't look like I'm shifting all the way to girl things.

This is all very confusing. Trying to hit the sweet spot where I can wear Anna's things openly sometimes while not triggering the no-crossdressing reaction is very difficult. I truly love the feel of these tops with tights, and would wear them every night if I didn't fear the potential tipping point where I could no longer wear any girl stuff. Part of me imagines she is getting gradually more comfortable with my dressing, and that over time I could expand my wardrobe. The dilemma is whether to enjoy this newly found experience for as long as I can and not risk a reaction, or slowing push the boundary and let Anna have more expression. Comments?

Sounds like the pink fog is rolling in.

This is all really good that your SO is opening up your dressing. You might want to take it slow and easy. If you push too hard you could push your SO to a breaking point. Enjoy you new found freedom but make sure there is still a healthy male component to your dressing that your SO can enjoy. Let things unfold a little. It sounds like there is a train rolling down the tracks and with a little patience it will continue to roll along. Don't let the pink fog take control and potentially ruin the situation.

All exciting stuff though.....

You could try communication - bring up the issue that what she did makes you so happy and felt loved, that you want to make sure she knows it and you really appreciate it. Ask if she has any feelings brought up by it. My wife also just vastly changed direction and I am trying to comprehend it all as well, while enjoying it
    Hugs, Ellen

If you try to guess what your wife is thinking, you will probably be wrong!
    It sounds like you could get away with simply asking her. Tell her you are unsure and confused by her mixed signals and would like for the two of you to be on the same page.
    Last edited by Suzie Petersen; 03-08-2017 at 09:11 PM.

Be slow to push that boundary! Enjoy the new found freedom but don't push it for now! IMHO Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

seems like she is heading in a good direction, I would go slow and steady
    No regrets except I should have got dressed & stepped out sooner.

Platinum Member
    Hi Anna, Wel it sounds like the ball is in hercourt now, Just don't overwhelm her with this program now......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

You have a wonderful wife. She appears to be pushing her own boundaries to support you. That's some love there, Anna. You should continue to let things proceed at her pace. It's headed in a good direction.

Hugs

Kelly

Banned Read only
    Anna ,
    I assume you don't wear makeup or a wig so she has begun to accept you as a guy in a dress ? If I was in that position I'm not sure if I cold live with it but if your wife is OK then it's not a problem. I guess it would be more difficult for my wife now because she knows I go out and she knows I do my best to look OK although she chooses not to see me, so if she had a change of heart I'm not sure now how she would prefer to see me.
    I will add she has given me things but never bought me anything, she isn't too happy about me going round the charity shops in our home town . Her basic thought is I'm just a stupid man who wears women's clothes and hopefully looks a fool, I keep telling her I don't but that's how she deals with it , I guess hoping some day I will stop.

Thanks to everyone that responded to my post. I took the advice of general consensus and went slowly. I finally got up the nerve to ask what had changed that allowed her to become more comfortable with me even partially dressing, and she said that things seemed to be different for her. I'm not entirely clear about what triggered the change, or exactly to what extent she is willing to expand the borders. I just knew that a major shift was underway when she slipped a black lace bralette over my head and let me wear it for the evening. I'm very hopeful that we'll have a chance to go shopping for Anna soon to buy some more basic things. The only reservation I've felt so far is she said no Victoria's Secret bras and panties. Apparently she doesn't want me to have girly things more sexy than hers. I expect the real test will be when I ask for skirts and dresses with hems above the knee. So, all in all we may have turned some undefined corner that will let Anna be an open part of our lives. I'll continue to let her set the pace and enjoy the ride.

Anna,

The only reservation I've felt so far is she said no Victoria's Secret bras and panties. Apparently she doesn't want me to have girly things more sexy than hers.
    That is a huge message to you, written in bright neon colors! It would be very smart of you to remember this!! "she doesn't want me to have girly things more sexy than hers".

One of the big problems for some wife's, is the feeling of being outdone by the CD hubby. One comment we hear now and then is this: "I look better in that dress than my wife does" or things like that. First of all, it is probably not true, but second .. just imagine how devastating that must feel for her! It is the ultimate insult really! "My husband make a better looking woman than I do!".
    Big NO NO right there.
    Dont ever think you do, Dont ever say anything to that effect, And .. if she gives you any hint of an otherwise invisible line in the sand, such as "No Victorias Secret bras and panties" .. dont cross it! This is her turf, stay off!

Other than that, You lucky bas..rd you!!

- Suzie

I wish i was in your shoes, Er I mean heals.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/lovethatdress/

I'm truly amazed at the past few weeks. Not only did we go shopping together for Anna and picked up some lovely things, she is now taking time to shop for Anna on her own. She brought home a really cute Banana Republic skirt and Forever 21 dress. The dress is a bit tight and short, but I'm loving the experience of her bringing home things for me to try on.

She happens to be a jewelry artist and has offered to make me some custom clip earrings and bracelets. I still have to fight the urge to dress every night, but that is a small price to pay for this amazing transformation in our relationship. Next topic: makeup. I would love a makeover, but this might be a bit down the road.

Hugs to all,

Anna

Congrats on all the progress. Sorry it's off topic from the start of the thread, but just wanted to comment about how awesome it is that your SO makes jewelry. That is one area I haven't yet explored adding to my attire. It's odd, for a guy I wear more jewelry than most, a necklace, the occasional additional ring, I think I've worn anklets before and had beads braided into my hair. I haven't had any female jewelry that's attracted me though. I'm not really into sparkles and bracelets seem awkward. What kind of things is she going to make, and what jewelry do others like to wear when they CD?

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I'm happy for u, Anna. And, hope your wife stays onboard. But, sometimes it's difficult to understand where women r coming from. Even when they try to explain.

I wouldn't take Anna's new found freedoms for granted!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!