Thread: Global Warming

Global Warming

I’m sitting here looking out the open window here in southeast Virginia a little bit disappointed. It’s going to be warm all week as it has been mostly all month. The coolest part of the year is the time of year I get to shave my legs, underarms and most of the rest of myself. I can underdress around the house and even at work. I can paint my toenails and generally be more Girlie. I could hide it all under winter cloths and not worry about anyone noticing.
    That’s not the case this year. I can’t keep wearing winter stuff when it’s 75 out! I’m hoping for a colder March, but I’ve also stopped all my winter activities.
    I’ll hope for a cold winter next year!

Then don't hide.
    I've been smooth for over 10 years. Once I decided I no longer wanted to be hairy I just bit the bullet and did it. I wear shorts most of the year, even here in Jersey, and no one ever said a thing. Not even my close, and sometimes obnoxious, friends ever commented.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Carrols I do the same thing as you: shave everything once a year during the heaviest winter months. I was looking forward to that this year as well, but nope.
    And so we go, on with our lives...
    We know the Truth, but prefer Lies.
    Lies are simple, simple is Bliss.
    Why go against tradition, when we can admit defeat,
    Live in Decline, be the victim of our own design?

stop worrying about it be smooth I have never had hair on my leg or chest and very little under arm hair and I shave that have never had anyone comment on it other then some ladies saying nice legs and a few will rub them and say nice
    hugs
    Ronda

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Been a very mild winter here this year too. I do enjoy the winter. Only seen two snowmen.

I am the same way in that I feel I can CD more to my comfort level in the colder periods here in Western Canada. I love leggings, tights, boots and high heels with my short skirts, tunics and dresses. Sandles, bare legs and halter tops don't work well for me!

In this regard I am lucky to have more cold weather than hot! But I do really enjoy warm sunny summer days albeit in drab!!!

So move North if you want more "girlie time". ����

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    The only one that worries about your body hair is you.
    Just shave it and do your thing because people don't care.

If you want to shave your legs year round do it - no one really notices or if they do they do not care

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Shaving, what's that? I occasionally shave my face, but never anywhere else.

Isn't that why they invented skin toned tites? Which I wear even in the dead of summer!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

The warm weather will be here soon. And I'm not looking forward to the dreaded "farmers tan".
    "Samm" Sammara Michaels

I also speak fluent sarcasm

Carrol...... I think you could shave your legs all year long and hardly anyone, if anyone at all, would even notice. I shave my total body and wear shorts at home, when I'm out, and when I'm at work as soon as warmer weather arrives and no one has ever said anything to me about it.

Aspiring Member
    Become a cyclist, then you can shave your legs in summer too. And the rest. Just say it looked weird to have shaved legs and a hairy trunk.

I agree with all who say if you wish to shave, then simply do so. I shave everything - legs, arms, chest, tummy, other areas, every day.

It's such a part of my life that I don't give it a second thought, and on the rare day I don't, I feel out of sorts. I am so adept at it that it really only takes a few extra minutes.

And there is nothing like the feel of nylon or satin or silk gliding over smooth, soft skin.

Fortunately, I have very fine body hair, which has gotten even finer as I age.

I've done so for years and years and I can only think of a very few instances where I was asked about it, and it was regarding my arms. I am a competitive triathlete, so it's an easy out to say it's for the swim and the bike, but a reason isn't really necessary. I would be fine just saying, "because I like myself better this way" and leave it at that.

It looks completely normal to me, but I can imagine that it might appear "different" to a casual observer, but honestly, like in so many areas, people don't notice or care. They are too busy with their own issues. And if they do notice, it's the rare one who says anything.

After the people who see you regularly become accustomed to it, they will only see "you", not shaved legs or arms or anything else.

So do what makes you happiest with yourself and what you wish to do. After all, life is to be enjoyed.

Brooke

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    The warm weather will be here soon. And I'm not looking forward to the dreaded "farmers tan".
    One reason why I wear skin colored tites on my arms, too!
    (See avatar!)
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I started shaving my arms and nobody has said a thing! I don't know why but they haven't! Just do it! Hugs Lana Mae PS: Unless it would make your spouse angry and actually it is none of her business either! LOL Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    The only one that worries about your body hair is you.
    Just shave it and do your thing because people don't care.
    I see you've never met my wife. I'm still in the doghouse for shaving last February
    And so we go, on with our lives...
    We know the Truth, but prefer Lies.
    Lies are simple, simple is Bliss.
    Why go against tradition, when we can admit defeat,
    Live in Decline, be the victim of our own design?

Banned Read only
    My ex-wife could barely bring herself to touch me when I removed all my body hair. Shaving my legs (they had very little hair, and it was weird and patchy and uneven - they looked better shaved), really bothered her too.

People in your life won't care. Probably nobody will notice - EXCEPT your spouse, who's probably picked up (and tried to ignore and deny) other cues that your gender may not be what she thought it was.

I have been shaving legs and arms for over a year. I also trim a little "down there". I go to a gym in shorts before work each day & shorts in the summer months. No one has said a word.

Aspiring Member
    I shaved all about four years ago. I have friends that have known me since the early sixties. No one has noticed. Not even my shiny nails since I use nail tech to strengthen them.

Ineke

Have kept my legs and chest hair free for a year now. I was around a lot of guys over the past summer for a hobby that I enjoy doing and none of them questioned me about my legs. Go ahead and shave those legs year round.