Thread: Do they spy on us ?

Banned Read only

Do they spy on us ?

Please don't take this seriously it was something funny that happened in the supermarket last week.
    I just got to the aisle with moisturisers and anti-wrinkle cream, I was actually looking for eye makeup remover , suddenly the mushy background music stopped and a clear recording of Frank Sinatra singing, " I've got you under my skin !" started playing . I wonder if someone in security was watching me and had some fun ? I'd never thought about it before but that song could be like a Cders anthem, what's the next line? " I've got you deep in the heart of me !"

It was lovely , I went round half humming and whistling to myself, I could see other shoppers lighten up and tapping their feet as they checked out the special offers. I'm not a Sinatra fan but I've suddenly become a fan of that song !
    Last edited by Teresa; 02-26-2017 at 07:04 AM.

Teresa, the eye in the sky is always watching. Did you hear the record scratch when they stopped playing the mushy background music?
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Well Teresa, you know here in the UK we have more security cameras per head of population than almost any other country in the world. I go to Tesco for some of my stuff and a female member of staff seems to appear from nowhere every time I'm in the 'womens' aisle. Maybe I'm just imagining it. Do like a bit of Sinatra though.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

I had a similar incident while at a thrift shop, I was shopping dressed and Sia's "Cheap Thrills" came on. Not only was I shopping for cheap clothes but there is a line in the song where she goes "it's friday night i got my heels and makeup on" I'm sure it was a coincidence lol

Hi Ladies

We all know that Big Brother is always watching but it could be:

1. Fortuitous coincidence. The music spoke to you in that moment and enhanced the rest of your shopping experience.

2. A fellow sister. If it was intentional maybe the security person recognised the signs as one of us and decided to have some fun.

I hope it brightened the rest of your day regardless of the cause.

Martine x

Oh I am sure at sometimes we are being watched.

Since I am out as Shelly, I hope they are enjoying the view
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Weird huh? I always have girl groups of the 50's and 60's follow me around and I find myself singing along while shopping.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Remember, just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean that they aren't out to get you.

A change of music makes you think someone's watching you? Please, dear, come in from the frozen foods dept. The cold may be affecting your thinking!
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I got a smile as I read your post Teresa. I know we're on opposite sides of the pond geographically, but I had a similar experience yesterday. The pink fog was settling in over me, and the song "My Girl" came on the radio. It just seemed like someone was watching and queued the song.

Karen

Banned Read only
    I forgot to mention I did get the eye makeup remover ! Didn't they call Sinatra " Old blue eyes !" , yes I do have blue eyes too but at least I can take my blue eye shadow off now !

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Funny, Teresa. While I like a number of Frank's songs, I can't imagine trying to dance or even tap my foot to the beat of any of them. Rock and roll he ain't------
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Pirate Queen wannabe Maria Blackwood's Avatar
    I think, due to copyright issues, the music you hear in stores these days is a service to which the store subscribes. I don't think anyone is controlling the selection locally.

Could have been worse...they could have been playing Shania Twain's "Man! I feel like a Woman" or "I Enjoy Being A Girl" from The Flower Drum Girl musical for your listening pleasure...

I try always doing the right think so they can spy all they want.
    Angie

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    I work somewgere where we play the Police song "Private Eyes" if there is a suspected shoplifter. You're not paranoid.

Allison, I think "Private Eyes" was actually a Hall & Oates hit way back when, but certainly a good qualifier for this thread.

In that same vein, I would nominate The Police's signature song "Every Breath You Take". If that isn't a creepy surveillance-themed song with stalking undertones, I don't know what is...

Yep they spy on us. Ah ha ha. We have a country song "Boy, I want to be a girl tonight." That would be a good one.
    Part Time Girl

Funny you should have had that experience. At a CVS Pharmacy (big USA chain store) a couple of years ago I was browsing the cosmetics section and after being there for a few minutes the localized loud speaker came on with a prerecorded statement/question and asked if I needed any help. If I did they would send someone over to "help" me! Now to say that it was a surprise and somewhat unwanted at the moment is an understatement. That has since happened to me whenever I am in that particular store in the cosmetics section. So, YES, they are definitely watching some of us some of the time.

Platinum Member
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~smile, you are on candid camera !!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Banned Read only
    Yes, they spy on us. Deep learning AI's are tapped into the cameras in the store and are monitoring what's going on, and adjusting things to make you more prone to buy things based on algorithms that human beings didn't actually discover, but that the machines did. Sorry if that freaks you out. It's kind of like in the movie "The Minority Report." The place I work is building machines for things like this! :O

Anyway, yeah, they picked up "probable AMAB LGBT, queue Sinatra..."

Sorry, this post is from about 5 years in the future...

I nominate the album, "Stars of CCTV" by Hard-Fi.

. . No problem. I'll do the honours for you. .WHO?!??

Och!, some guys from around 2005. I have only heard of that album from them. General opinion is that there were only 2 good tracks on it . I'm kind of in agreement. I bought it, though; so the joke's on me .

I was fingering the bras on a rack once and was quite interested in a soft cup bra.
    A sales assistant came over and said quite sarcastically I might add, if I wished I could try one on for size.

I accepted her offer and left her mouth full of feathers to boot.

I did buy the bra after the fitting and thanked her profusely....... :-)

So much for her vigilance.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by DIANEF View Post
    Well Teresa, you know here in the UK we have more security cameras per head of population than almost any other country in the world.
    I must admit that on the occasions I've been out in a town centre shopping dressed I have wondered if the CCTV operators have noticed me and I've been tracked as I walk around. So if there were to be outdoor music I guess it would have to be Black Sabbath's Paranoid.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed