Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What sort of woman do you think you would make ?

Banned Read only

What sort of woman do you think you would make ?

These sort of questions keep going through my mind because it's something I know I have to think seriously about.

If I posed this question in the TS section it would have to be reworded to ask , " Are you the woman you thought you would be ?"

I'm sure some will answer they hope they would be stunning and attractive wearing beautiful clothes, but that's not what I'm asking although it makes wonderful wishful thinking.

how much would I change ? maybe I swear too much . I'm not sure if it's an age thing but I'm becoming less technically interesting in things, I know I enjoy my art now more than anything . I am losing some confidence in using power tools, I know I've lost weight so I don't have the same physical energy to do the work. Most of us talk about dressing bringing out the softer nature in us and a happier disposition . I do feel I would be a better person possibly because I would be shaking off some of the male stereotypes , and would be embracing parts of my life I enjoy more now.

Without adding more I will ask if others have thought about this with the possibility of transition in their minds.

I would hope to be very feminine in my appearance with stylish clothes and makeup but very athletic and enjoy doing outdoor sports. I would push myself to be very good at the sports I participate in and not worry about breaking a finger nail (until after I finish)!!!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    That depends, Teresa. Do u mean if we were born GG women? Fully transitioned into one now? Or, like my thread were, "Poofed"! Suddenly became women?

Interestingly, I have met a few CD's that fully transitioned later. They seemed no different to me, and didn't seem to me like females before or after surgeries/hormones.

On the other hand I know a few trans now that seemed to me like females the moment I met them. Yet, they r all anatomically males.

My point being, I think after u mature, u pretty much r who u r. No matter what u look like on the outside.

But, let me add, that's just my experience. I haven't met many transitioned M to F's. Mayby it IS possible for a leopard to change his/her spots!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Aspiring Member
    Assuming I were born female to the same parents, attended a girls' school instead and joined a corps of cadets as I did, I might well have turned out fundamentally very different. I'd like to think I'd be a tomboy though, given that I still have some degree of rough-and-tumble tendencies. I suppose I'd be as average looking as I am, the same Kintsugi bowl that I am with all its cracks on parade. No word on skirt/pants preference (I myself am inclined to the latter when I have the choice, even though I actually like dresses as much). Besides that and in my opinion unrelated - probably FTM TG and writing long, occasionally speculative responses in that section of this site, and wondering how on earth I'm supposed to flatten my chest even further.
    Last edited by Lily Catherine; 02-26-2017 at 01:00 PM. Reason: Following up.

I think I would be a very large woman at 6' 1" 225 and very large hands
    hugs
    Ronda

Pirate Queen wannabe Maria Blackwood's Avatar
    That's just makes you a glorious Amazonian. Uma Thurman and Famke Janssen are 6' tall.

As for me, I'd start with a bit of fadoodling, followed by some houghmagandy and then a little play at the rumpscuttle and clapperdepouch.
    Last edited by Maria Blackwood; 02-26-2017 at 12:49 PM.

Banned Read only
    Sherry,
    Thanks for making that point, I was thinking from the point of transition, not born female or sudden " Poof ".

I'm hoping members give it some thought and consider truly how different they feel they would be.

I would like to ask the alternative question in the TS section .

For now, no plans to transition, but I notice a definite change in interests! I do not use power tools any more. I have a number of magazines delivered to the house and note that I am no longer interested in hunting and fishing magazines nor car magazines like I was a few years ago! Now it is Good Housekeeping, Homes and Gardens, etc. I mean I still have a lot of knowledge about cars but I am just not interested any more! A month or so ago I thought this strange but it may or may not be related to crossdressing and my feminine side! I really had not thought much about it! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

No thought of transition here.If it did happeh I think I would be a tender caring soft loving woman.
    Angie

I can only assume that the woman that I "would be" actually would be similar to how I dress now. Very professional and courteous but always wearing sexy lingerie underneath and wanting to satisfy my man or woman.

So no desire to transition but if I did I'd hope for the following.

I'd be a good "social communicator". By that I mean GG's tend to be able to engage in conversation with each other more freely. I'd like to think I'd be more sympathetic to the feelings and plight of others. On the physical side I'd like to be attractive for a woman of my age, retain a shapely figure and the dress sense to go with it. Never want to look like mutton dressed as lamb.

I've always been good with my hands and have lost track of all the DIY projects I've done. Would I give up my power tools and "Get a man in to do it"? Mmmm, that's a tricky one as I'm also a bit of a perfectionist and would always be thinking, "Could have done that better myself". I might have to swap my sports for exercise classes though as a way of keeping fit.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Banned Read only
    I'll try to answer this in a different way than I answered in the *poof* thread. It turns out, I've thought about this question a lot during my transition.

My legal name is Paula Minnie Ellis. The "Minnie Ellis" part of my name is taken from my Great Aunt, Minnie Ellis. I loved Aunt Minnie. EVERYONE loved Aunt Minnie. She was the oldest of 13 children. My grandmother, her sister, was the youngest. Their mother died when my grandmother was young, so Aunt Minnie gave up on marriage so that she could help her father rear the rest of the children. She never married, and in exchange, her father gave her the family farm.

Aunt Minnie was a kind of a pioneer woman. She worked the farm, she raised her siblings, and seemed like all THEIR children too. (She helped raise my mother. She helped raise me and my sister!) Everyone loved Aunt Minnie. She was religious without being judgmental. She was an amazing cook. She was a humble woman - she worried about vanity. I never saw her wear makeup. She dressed modestly - always in a dress and sensible shoes. She thought that spending money on the space program was a sin as long as we had people on earth who starved. She was just that type of woman. She lived modestly - she moved into Dallas near my grandparents when she was too old to manage the farm. She had a nice little house - she rented a room of it out for extra money. Aunt Minnie could grow ANYTHING. She had a green thumb - her home was always full of beautiful plants, both inside and out. She was not a beautiful woman, but she always said "well, I never planned to trade on my looks, so that doesn't matter." A little sermon on vanity would usually follow. She was tough. She was resourceful. She was nurturing. Everyone called her "Miss Minnie."

I wanted to be like just Aunt Minnie. When I thought about what type of woman I wanted to be - I instantly thought of her. (I realize this is very different from the types of woman so many on here idolize and want to be like, because Aunt Minnie wasn't about looks at all.) I idealized my mom, and my grandmother too - they were great women. They had many qualities as women that I admired - I wanted to be like them too - but Aunt Minnie was my goal.

It turns out though, I'm not much like Aunt Minnie. I can't grow anything - I could probably kill weeds! I'm terrible with animals - I can't ride a horse to save my life, much less a mule. (Aunt Minnie did all that stuff.) Vanity? Ha! I'm enormously vain. I put a lot of effort into my appearance. Clothes, hair, nails, makeup. I have a ridiculous amount of makeup. (I love makeup. ) I love jewelry. (I especially like handmade art glass jewelry.) I'm flirty, I'm irreligious, my life isn't simple. I solve problems not through my resourcefulness, but by waving a credit card in my manicured hand! I am a vain, rich, bitch.

I'm a lot like my great grandmother, turns out! I loved her - her name was, I kid you not "Bessie." She was a sweet woman. She threw fantastic parties - something I also enjoy. I LOVE entertaining! She was always meticulously made up and coiffed. Her home was huge, beautiful, and expensive. She drove fancy cars. I really did love her - but she was a pretty useless woman - apparently just like me! I never saw her cook - I know I can't cook ANYTHING. She had house keepers - like I'm ever going to lift a toilet brush or a vacuum.

I've realized, though, that maybe there is more of Aunt Minnie in me than I give myself credit for. I AM nurturing. I spend a lot of my spare time helping others in the community. I talked for a couple of hours last night on FB messenger with a trans woman I don't even know from another state just because someone sent her my way. She was scared, and lonely, and confused, as many of us are. I do a lot of that.

I get outraged over things that strike me as great wrongs in our society - Aunt Minnie did that very often. People mattered to her, and they matter to me as well. They are the most important thing to me - other people.

I hope, wherever she is, that Aunt Minnie would approve of the woman I am. I've often wondered if she, and her sister, my grandmother, would understand who I am, or if they would be shocked and would disapprove of me, as they did my gay uncle. I pray that if we ever meet, if there is something beyond this life we live, that they'll look at me, at my life, and understand. I think they would. At least I hope so.

Anyway, I hope this gives y'all some perspective on who I wanted to be, vs. who it turns out that I am. I realize that few here would idealize an 85 year old woman - I've read so many threads like this where very famous and glamorous young women are mentioned as ideals. But I loved Aunt Minnie.

One thing that does happen with me, like her, is that just as people called her "Miss Minnie", for some reason, people just call me "Miss Paula." This delights me more than I have words for. It really does give me hope that I can, one day, be as good of a woman as she was.
    Last edited by PaulaQ; 02-26-2017 at 02:22 PM.

Kind, loving, empathetic. The same things I try to be as a man.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I love how people post long answers with all kinds of things that for the life of me I have no idea what they are trying to say.
    For me I have no idea what kind of woman I would be.
    I will never be one so how would I know?

Gold Member
    I grew up in the Carpenter Trade. At the time when I joined the Union, It was very hard
    for a Man to get into the Union; where all the work was.
    If I where a girl, I dough very seriously that i would be able to join the Union, and have
    the great carrier that I enjoyed.
    I guess that some things where meant to be.
    Rader

I guess if you asked this in the TS section, you would get so many different views. Most of the MtF and FtM that I personally know, maybe around 100 from ages of 20s-70s, most all have different backgrounds and different ideas on where they are going.

As someone who transitioned at 26 and have lived as a woman for 40 years, I can comment on just what sort of woman I have become.

As for myself before I knew that I was TS, I had no idea of where or how I was going. I had already started in my career, more than just a job, in IT. As I started to transition, figured I would just continue as such. I was never a man's man.
    Can't comment on how my grandparents would have viewed me, as 3 of them died when I was around 18-19 in the 1968-1970 time. The 4th lived in Florida, and she died before I could visit her in 1986. Never asked my parents if they had told her.

After transition, my home life with family continued as before. I was now able to talk with my sister, who was around 15/16 when I transitioned, as just another woman. Had one niece that was young, 5-10, when I transitioned, she would treat me like a large playmate, she would braid my hair as it grew. Can't say that the men treated me much different.

I was already living with my partner and that never changed. I was the "girly" one of my partner and me. I did all the electronics/electrical/computer stuff around the house. She did most all of the mechanical stuff. We shared in all the general house upkeep stuff.
    I never was married and had zero children. Not all woman do, one Aunt/Uncle could not, one brother and his wife wanted none. Doubt if I would have wanted any. I like kids and have had many from others in family.

As for the question of "what sort of woman". There is no one way or sort of women are out there. My life is a mix of my background and I guess what most woman go thru as they grow older.

I am able to freely talk with other women, kind of a given.
    As for some of the other ideas, "tender caring soft loving woman" or "kind, loving, empathetic". My mother was mostly not that type.
    Or "always wearing sexy lingerie underneath and wanting to satisfy my man or woman", I can and do that but that is partly just external trappings.
    As for the shift of preferences or eschewing "manly" things or interests to "womanly" things. Not sure why an interest in cars/sports/working with tools is only a man's world. I know quite a few woman that have those interests. As for the "womanly" things I would tread lightly on what you think those are. I think all people shift some interests as they age.

If I ever transition, I would like to certain physical appearances changed. I would definitely get a breast enlargement. I am curvy and I admire women with curvy figure so that is not something I would change.
    My personality is very famine even now so that is not something I would change. But I would like to speak more like woman. Even though I have high pitched and squeaky voice, it is not fem enough.

Platinum Member
    Hi Teresa, When I dress I like to look as feminine as I can So I guess that is what I would be like......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

For me this is easy, I have a daughter who is very much my personality. I think I would be a loot like her, she dresses femine but not over the top, people like her, she is driven and has a bit of male inside her too. If I could turn out like her , I would be proud..and she is only 16!
    No regrets except I should have got dressed & stepped out sooner.

Banned Read only
    Miss Paula,
    Thanks for for that leveler, my grandmother was a Miss Minnie. Never had a bad word for anyone apart from my father , Oh well we had that in common as well !

Helen,
    That's one thing I will have to let go, my father always said there's no such word as CAN'T ! I can turn my hand to anything, it's not meaning women can't but it's was just expected of me as a boy and a man. Seeing someone else do the jobs I was capable would be hard to swallow but to be truthful something has changed , I know I'm not as capable but I'm becoming more proficient in cooking ( I do most of it ) I don't mind using the vacuum cleaner, I've taught myself how to use a sewing machine so I can do basic alterations , I don't mind general shopping and love clothes shopping. I may raise a few eyebrows but most of this is listed as traits of AGP. Being seen or doing what most people consider women's work.

As for enjoying communicating, I do that anyway, that goes back to being a professional photographer for thirty years, as Fiona says know how to be kind and empathetic , I could have easily have done that job as a woman apart from the equipment was so heavy to carry in those days .

As a footnote some have said loving and caring but not to the extent of being a doormat, Aunt Minnie proved you can be a good person without being a doormat !

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    What sort of woman would I make? good question. When I dress I try to look, and act as much like a GG as I can. Having seen the way females I know are I don't think I would have to do anything radically different to be 'a woman'. I dress to blend, and do entirely normal things, cook, clean, go for a drive, paint my pictures. I was never a manly man nor particularly effeminate, something in between maybe. I could only really answer the question by being a woman. I have spent weeks at a time fully dressed and the thought of permanently living en femme has crossed my mind, but transition, I really don't know.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    I'd like to think that I would still be the person I am today. I'd still be a nurse. I'd still cry easily and a lot at movies. I'd still be very close with my children and grandchildren. I'd like to think I'd make a loving wife. And I'd do it all presenting myself as I truly am inside.

Silver Member
    While I'm never going to transition, I think I would be in many ways the same as I am now. I dress fem, but not over the top. In my youth when I did pass I was a pretty sophisticated young woman. My friend introduced me to his parents as a girl. Later he told them the truth. As I became more aquatinted with them they were very accepting, especially his mother. She took me to lunch and shopping on more than one occasion. While their son was gay, I was not. We both received cover by my playing his date. I met a girl that I wanted to date and he met a new guy. We parted friendly.

Good question Teresa, I think i would make a much better woman than I would a man for a number of reasons.

Firstly I think i look much better in woman's clothes, I have small shoulders and thin arms mens clothes are not designed to look good on guys like me.

Secondly, my face is much more suited to long hair.

Thirdly, I would be able to make more female friends and not be continuously invited to be part of the boys so that would make me a more sociable person.

Fourthly, I would be able to show more of my feminine side that currently has to be partly hidden, more compassionate, more emotional more empathetic.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Pirate Queen wannabe Maria Blackwood's Avatar
    I would raid tombs.