Thread: My second first time in public

My second first time in public

My first time venturing out into the public ended abruptly when I realized that I wasn't comfortable driving my car while wearing heels. I just couldn't work the clutch. Total trip was about 3 miles. That was last week though.
    Last night I attempted another trip, but this attempt had a much different outcome. First of all, I took some flats to drive in, and second, I had a destination. I went to a Gurls Night Out event that was put together by Dallas Feminine Expressions. 46 miles each way, and without incident! Well, almost without incident.
    About 10 miles down the road there was a major accident, and traffic was stopped. However, the lane that I was in was able to get around the accident, and I continued on my way after only about a five minute delay. Then it was a nice drive until I hit the Dallas traffic. Still not too bad though. I arrived at the address, and almost went into the wrong building, which was a country bar. Got that straightened out, and got to the right building. I got there a little early, and was one of the first few to arrive. Within an hour, there were more than 40 people there. There were a lot of CD's with their SO's, a few TS, and some male "admirers." Everybody was really friendly, but two of the admirers were a little too friendly. I even had to tell one of the guys to back off!
    Overall, it was a fun night, even though I broke a nail when I first got out of my car. I received a lot of compliments on my look, and even more astonishment when I told them that I'd only been dressing for about a month. One of the gurls there said that I had taken to it like a duck to water. So nice to get a little ego boost like that.
    Then it was time to go home. Less traffic, but a little more worry about other things (like having car problems.) I got home around 2 AM, and stayed up and dressed until 3 or so. I felt very comfortable in my skin.
    I'm not sure if I'll go to another one of DFE's GNO, because of some other aspects of the party. This event was held in a two story private club. The main floor was like a normal nightclub, and upstairs was the party area, with private and semi-private rooms. To each their own, but upstairs was not the place for me.

Geena,

Wow, that's one heck of a rapid journey. Nothing to a GNO in a month!

It does seem from your description that the gathering does have a sexual side to it and may not be to everyone's taste. I would guess however that there's likely to be something more suitable within the Dallas area. I'd be surprised if there wasn't someone on the forum who could help.

It is surprising though just how quickly we start to feel comfortable once in the company of other CDer's. I hope you're able to find somewhere else to go where you'll feel more comfortable.
    Last edited by Helen_Highwater; 02-27-2017 at 06:05 PM.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Hey you got out there which is a first step, for me not really into the club scene myself. I mean I understand being around
    CD and trans folks but at some point you might just want to venture out to a mall and just enjoy being out.

Congratulations to you for getting out dressed. I know what you mean about the "upstairs" not being for you. I've been in that situation myself some years back. The important thing is that you have the confidence to go out "en femme". good luck to you on your next outing.

I went to a party there a few years back, sponsored by Dallas fem expressions, a really good group. The place is a little Bazar, with the upstairs area. I get the invites often, but don't think I would attend, as if my wife ever found out about what the place is, she would freak.

Good for you Geena,
    Some of those hookups can seem a little off and are not my taste either.
    At least you are not pressured into anything.
    My last first time out was yesterday, went for a long drive and trolled all the local bric a brac stores.
    My wife and I had a ball, no one else cared or noticed. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.