Thread: Pronouns - Is there anything more validating?

Pronouns - Is there anything more validating?

I'm one who dares to venture out, with a goal of simply being blendable. When doing so, it is SO, SO validating when I'm referred to with female pronouns, ma'ams, misses, or otherwise. When I come home after an evening out, it's generally the one thing that I think back on.

Do you others feel the same way?

Of course pronouns are great, but holding the door for me with a big smile and all the other small polite things men do when I'm out are just as important to my blending confidence and self expression.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    It is definitely very validating and flattering!
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

Platinum Member
    Hi Stephanie, Nothing better than getting your dance card punched......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I go out a lot and sometimes I'm referred to as ma'am or miss and it's always nice.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Not for me. I'm so obviously a man in a dress. If an SA or waitress calls me "Mam", it's nice, but it's part of their job.

Validation for me is when someone DOESN'T give me a big Cheshire Cat grin and fall allover themselves to be super friendly and helpful. Which is why I shop in drab!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Absolutely! I, too, venture out. Blending in is the best for me....small town. Today, I went to Payless shoe store. Bought a couple pairs of shoes...heels and dress flats. The SA was terrific. A couple comments on my outfit...yes, ma'am's, nail polish, etc. I'll definitely return. Also, stopped and filled up the car. I wore off black hose and low heels. The guy next to me couldn't take his eyes off my heels and hose. I just smiled...he nodded back. Yes, a great feeling.

Sorry, it's not a big thing with me.

I know I don't pass and if someone calls me "ma'am" I appreciate it but at the same time I don't get bent out of shape if I'm called Sir.

I just enjoy having the best presentation I can and being out.

Have not had female pronoun thrown at me yet! I got sir once when dressed. I did have a Pharmacy Tech say she liked my choice of nail polish color the one time I wore it in male mode(blue with silver sparkles). That actually felt good! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

yes, correct pronouns are great, but I love it when they use my girl name in conversation.

It’s about being accepted as the gender you are projecting. Pronouns are nice but when they call you by name because they know and except you that’s where it’s at. It’s not about blending in, it’s about meeting people and making friends. The first time someone called my name out in the grocery store, I was like are they calling me. I turned around to see one of my friends just saying hi. It happens all the time now as I’m accepted as part of the community. I didn’t plan any of this, it’s just where my path has led me.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Being accepted as a if you are a female and correct pronouns are nice.
    Even if the person you are in contact with knows you are really not female but is gracious enough to use the proper pronouns.

Platinum Member
    Of course I do...even if I don't feel I'm passing, I appreciate the consideration!

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Stephanie no doubt when one is presenting en fem it's nice to here proper pronoun, I know I like it even when I'm sure I'm read

Silver Member
    I was out en drab last week and a clerk in a store behind a counter (only saw me from the neck up, maybe it was my hair) called me "she" and "her" to a coworker. I can't say it was validating.. but I did find it highly amusing!

Totally agree Stephanie, it always feels so great. Also with a group of girls when someone says you ladies or you girls.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

I love it when some one says "you ladies" to my wife and I...however, my wife doesn't like it at all.

Like others have said, it is very enjoyable and it validates my feeling of myself as a woman when someone uses the female pronouns, holds a door open, or uses my feminine name. This is espically true with people I interact with all the time.

Richelle

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    Always. It's the cherry on the top when a day out as the complete me is going well.

Silver Member
    Pronouns are great when the one you want is used but it is a buzz kill when they use the wrong one. I must say when out trying to blend (dress with wig and makeup) the incidences of the wrong one have declined in the last few years. The best are when I'm referred to a third person as a she (Can you please get her a cup of coffee, please).

Having the door held open and being greeted with "Hi, ladies".

IS LIKE A GREAT BIG RUBBER STAMP for me. :-) :-)

Talk about WALK TALL.......
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.