Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Answer To The Question

Banned Read only

Answer To The Question

What is a good answer to the question if someone asks you are those boots, shoes, jeans, or whatever "women's" and why are you wearing them? I'm talking dressed androgynous, blending as a guy but one or two items female.

Why not.
    Amanda

Gracious Colleague looking_good's Avatar
    I've wondered this myself. I hope my response would be "I like it" or "I like them".
    Simply an avid clothing enthusiast...

Are those boots you are wearing womens?

No,they are mine.
    Joan58

Are you wearing a bra? Yes. Why? Because I want too. Real conversation with convience store clerk.

It depends a bit on what you're really asking. Are you asking how best to lie? Or are you asking how best to rationalize yourself to yourself? The simplest answer is the truth -- "Yes, they are." The follow-up will be "why are you wearing them?" and the answer is "Because I like them." The answer that gives you space to exist is, "No, they are mine." But if you're going to lie, put your back into it -- just say "No." Now the other person has to pursue it or walk away. If they pursue it, ask them what the heck it is to them, if they don't pursue it, go back to what you were doing.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Yes, I find they are women's, and, whenever you may feel it strange, I like it...
    The best dress in my wardrobe? A happy smile!

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by sharonsdream View Post
    Are you wearing a bra? Yes. Why? Because I want too. Real conversation with convience store clerk.
    OK, I'll ask the question. Is your answer sufficient to end the inquiry or is really an inadequate brushoff? Decades ago my wife and I had incorporated a certain amount of lingerie on my body into 'bedroom play.' I suppose she had considered it some kind of sexual enhancement which it was. When wearing women's lingerie was not sufficient for my inner needs I did end up buying my first bra; a vivid red Vanity Fair bra with matching tap panty. One day our daughter pulled open the bottom draw to my armoire and pulled that bra from a box which contained my total wardrobe.

My wife retrieved the bra from our daughter's hands. We ended up having "the talk." She pondered outloud,

"Why would a man want to wear a bra when he has nothing to pack into it?"

Valid question. So answering "Because I want too" really is insufficient to answer the query of a woman. If a therapist were to ask the same question I really doubt the therapist would accept that answer.

So, what is the true reason?

My answer to "the talk" has not changed over the three decades, "I do not know why I do what I do!"

or you could say I don't know my wife gave them to me for Christmas so I wear them or you say none ya
    hugs
    Ronda

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sharonsdream View Post
    My under dressing always includes a bra and small foam boosters, and I've decided, if ever similarly questioned, that I would say yes. And if asked why, I will say, because I've got boobs. Wanna see them?

Some answers here are absolutly right and makems me laught when I imagine that conversation while using them I agree on all of it. Most basic answer is "why the hell not?!" or you can use more complex answer like "i wear bcs they are comfy/ I like style more/ fits me better..." Or any pratcital reason, like you are to skinny to wear mens sizes (sometimes i have actual issue with that, especialy pants). Or you can just end whole conversation with "And?" bcs they usualy have nothing to say afterwards.
    "Do not care what others think, do what you must" - Javik, ME3

Aspiring Member
    Unlike most I have a legitimate excuse: I can't even buy men's jeans and shoes in my size without difficulty. Consequently I actually wear women's boots / jeans / shoes very often.

This being said, I think the best way out would be to fess up and admit your own reasons. We can't impute them to you. If they do ask why, I think a more polite alternative to "With all due respect, how is this your business" would do.

Someone I know had this interaction at a liquor store regarding how they were dressed. This person although on HRT has only been on for about a month or so, has male pattern baldness and sports a big handle bar mustache and big full beard that goes down to about where a t-shirt collar might be.

Walking out of Spec's, a presumably male-assigned person with a paper bag of liquor surveys my appearance (skirt, purse, and ankle booties) and strikes up a conversation:

Them: Really man?!
    Me: Yeah, really.
    Them: Is it like religious, or...
    Me: No. It's just how I do my thing.
    Them: Is this... like... something I should be doing?
    Me: Well it's great in the summer when it's hot outside!
    Them: (confusedly) It's not hot out, though.
    Me: Yeah, but it's also great when it is hot out!

Two things of notability to me in this. 1) It's just how I do my thing.
    But even better 2) Is this... like... something I should be doing?

It's like he was worried he may have missed the memo.
    I am not a woman nor am I a man... I am an enby. Hi, I am Wren.

Good question. I've never had anyone ask so I don't know how I'd respond if they did.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    Valid question. So answering "Because I want too" really is insufficient to answer the query of a woman. If a therapist were to ask the same question I really doubt the therapist would accept that answer.

So, what is the true reason?

My answer to "the talk" has not changed over the three decades, "I do not know why I do what I do!"
    I would argue that you just proved "Because I want to" is both true and a complete answer. You are doing it because it makes you happy. You don't know why it makes you happy so there is no further answer to be given.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    If people asking u questions bothers u, maybe u shouldn't go out wearing those items?

Because of the rain I've been wearing my women's, plain looking, brown, round toed, 3 1/2" heeled boots for the last week. No one's given me a second glance. Much less asked about them. But, there's nothing else fem looking about me!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Oddly enough, this has happened to me accidently. About 30 years ago, I purchased a jacket with one of the then current woman's brands labels in it. Not my fault, it was in the men's section of clothes, and I couldn't imagine a designer brand making something intended for a woman in a size that would fit me (At the time, I was six four, with a 44" chest and 36" waist, and wore a men's shirt with 37"sleeves and a size 18 neck). It was a belted jacket, double breasted with buttons and holes that could conceivably be worn either wrap to the right OR left. Wearing it to work, I had no idea that it was marketed towards women. One of the girls at work pointed it out, and how she could tell: It was identical to those sold in one of the other women's clothing stores. My question was how was I to know? Easy, she said.

"The pockets are all fake".

She was right.
    I stood by my story, and, as it resembled a men's jacket, I continued to wear it. But I removed the label.

So, whenever questioned, my excuse would always be, the garment was on a clearance sale in the men's department, and I just feigned ignorance that it was indeed 'girl clothes'. If, OTOH, it is something clearly feminine such as pants that zip up the side (or the wrong side) or in the back, well you're on your own.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Silver Member
    " They're not women's boots. They're mine"
    "I just find I'm more comfortable in them"

I had a cashier at a store ask me if the pantyhose i was buying were for me, and i told her yes they are and would she like for me to model them for her, she didn't answer. Goes to show,, the truth will set you free. Haven't had any problems buying women's clothes since.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    A few people have asked me why I wear a woman's watch. Simple answer is because I like it, and I leave it at that.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Banned Read only
    How about, I'm a crossdresser and I prefer wearing women's clothes to men's, they fit my body better. Then say I can tell you are one too, you are wearing women's panties, care to prove me wrong? (I don't think he's going to drop his pants to prove I'm wrong, he'll probably just turn and walk away).

The correct answer is "Yes" to the women's clothing question, and as for the reason - if it is a GG doing the asking - then the preferred answer is "Probably for the same reason you wear pants, a men's wristwatch, "boyshorts", a "boyfriend jacket", "boy cut" jeans, "menswear" in general, and drive a pickup truck."

Any one of the above retorts should shut them up pretty quick as well as open up their eyes to the universal female sense of entitlement when it comes to clothing choices...something that they all take for granted.

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    If people asking u questions bothers u, maybe u shouldn't go out wearing those items?

Because of the rain I've been wearing my women's, plain looking, brown, round toed, 3 1/2" heeled boots for the last week. No one's given me a second glance. Much less asked about them. But, there's nothing else fem looking about me!
    You know, Sheri is absolutely right. If you own THEM, then own IT! Really, for goodness sake, if you aren't willing to defend your choice in public, don't wear it in public. You are absolutely courting comments, and then dismayed when they are made???? Like it or not, right or wrong, this is reality.

Grow a set. (Then hide them, they are unsightly )

Oh and Sheri, I don't blame you for the boots. I love boots, but currently other than cowboy boots, work boots and hiking boots, there are few men's boots out there. What a shame. I had to buy women's boots (no heel) for my boy halloween costume. And i wasnt ashamed at all. Everyone said, wow, good thinking!
    Last edited by Meghan4now; 02-28-2017 at 03:05 PM.

I would say they are mine, Not some woman's.And that I like them. Al the fem clothes that I buy are mine. Except what I by my GF also.
    Part Time Girl

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I dress that way everyday and have for the last 10 years or so Deebra and maybe once or twice someone might have said are those womens jeans?
    Its pretty obvious I wear womens jeans,shoes,tops and jackets but its never an issue when I go out and hang out with friends.
    Even my straight friends have no issues with me wearing what I wear and not one of them ever said are you wearing womens clothes?
    I don't owe anyone an explanation but if they were to ask I would say more than likely they are my clothes.

Sounds like you are the one with the problem about being seen wearing something a woman would wear.
    I'll pound the drum again "nobody cares if you wear an item of womens clothes in guy mode".
    Last edited by Tracii G; 02-28-2017 at 03:32 PM.