Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Crossdressers only: Is it Relaxing or Distracting?

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Question Crossdressers only: Is it Relaxing or Distracting?

I must have read a 1000 posts here where someone describes dressing as "relaxing". I can understand that. When I first began dressing, I threw on a few pieces when I got home from work and wore them all evening. Sometimes even slept in them. That was long ago so I don't remember, but it SOUNDS relaxing?

Now, I only dress all the way or not at all and, it's NOT relaxing! I have to totally concentrate on what I'm going to wear, what order I put everything on, and not forget anything. Especially if I'm going out.

What it IS for me, every single time, is distracting! The 100's of random thots I normally have flashing thru my mind disappear. All I can think about is what I'm doing and how I'm going to do it.

So CD's, what is it for u? Relaxing, distracting, or something else all together?
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 03-01-2017 at 12:15 AM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Both
    I got dressed up in a relaxed manor yesterday - but no make up - clothes & wig
    Later in the day I went to get some groceries, without make up and without a wig - got a few looks as my bra shows through my light summer pink tee shirt
    Even when I do dress fully, it's still an escape from real life which has more stress and demands, so it is relaxing and distracting.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Mmmm!
    Sherry,I think you are a female illusionist...... Not a cross dresser.
    Me? I dress most of the time and I always want to improve my look.
    Like you I went through the early phases of dressing and it was all experimental then.
    I feel more relaxed when I am dressed and when not there is a certain frustration in how I am presenting.
    It is probably not relaxing as it is feeling more comfortable dressed.
    I feel no stress or fear when going out these days and I feel you are in a similar position as you finely hone your appearance to look even better than previously.
    I don't think it's distracting for you, more like taking things a step further in your illusion.
    I think you have been very successful in what you do and in order to advance you do have to come up with new ideas.
    My stage of illusion has leveled out a lot and I my honing of my presentation is only little tweaks here and there these days.
    You appear to lead an interesting life and my advice is, don't change it.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Very relaxing i enjoy the whole process of getting dressed the make up the cloths the wig and then being dressed my mind is cleared my troubles or stress from life or work is gone.

Pirate Queen wannabe Maria Blackwood's Avatar
    Zzzzzzzzzhuh? Wha? Sorry. Was sitting here all crossdressed and SO relaxed.

IMG_0989.JPG

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Neither to me.

Earlier today, I went shopping for a jean skirt. Found one at Uptown Cheapskate. Also stopped at ROSS and picked up a pair of skinny jeans - sz 9. I was on my Harley, so...
    Anyway, got home, tried on the skirt, a little snug in the waist, but it will be fine.. it was only $8. The jeans were too big - which I can't believe!
    Took care of all my little chores, and watched some TV. At 8 o'clock they had this same boring program on every channel, so I decided to have a little Geena time. I ran a nice hot bath with some bath salts, grabbed a bottle of some mango shower gel, slipped out of my skirt and thong and into that waiting tub. Soaked for about 10 minutes then did an all over shave. Dried off, grabbed the moisturizer, and did myself head to toe. Once I was done I put on my thong, skirt, bra w/forms, a blouse, my new wig, heels, and lipstick.
    I'm in no way ready to go out anywhere, but I was planning on staying in.
    I'd say that I am relaxed and content. But that's because I put no pressure on myself tonight.
    I can see where you're coming from Doc, it's just not the way it affects me.

Queen of Chinatown jennifer0918's Avatar
    An escape from my everyday relaxing, and I dress all the way,legs shaved,arms shabed,no facial hair.

I find it so relaxing.

It is a little of both for me, Sherry. The distraction you speak of is part of what makes it relaxing. My fem self has different issues (and a much shorter list of them at that) and her main goal is to just enjoy "being" for the time she has. I can't really express it any better than that.

I'd have to say "calming" more than relaxing. I don't do make-up or try to pass. Don't have any desire to go out. But when I can slip a dress over my head and go about my household chores it just puts me in my happy place. Relaxing for me is nude sunbathing out in the back yard.

I would have to say relaxing, I often am at home at not get wearing a bra and/or forms. Having a drink, watching tv, or just hanging out with my wife.

It accentuates my relaxing so much, but after saying that, it's in me in every mood and if I'm feeling sad It's there too!

On the distraction, worrying about breaking a nail can be very distracting. (don't laugh, I'm being serious)
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

Hmm... relaxing while I'm dressed but distracting when I'm not dressed but thinking about it while I should be concentrating on other things.

Platinum Member
    It's always been a distraction. But on the other hand, I can say that my absolute most peaceful, content times were spent on the patio, reading and relaxing en femme.

Confucius (our very own) often talks about the various chemicals that bathe our brains when we do pleasurable things, or even activities that evoke pleasant memories. That is really what the feelings are , however we describe them, just happy brain chemistry. I suppose that is why behaviors of any kind can become addictive,potential destructively so.
    Last edited by kimdl93; 03-01-2017 at 08:24 AM.

I never understood how crossdressing makes one relaxed. It always made me nervous because of the fear of getting caught. That's my own hang up that has to do with family dynamics.

It's taken me a long time to stop worrying about getting caught (by family members). Maybe I should just go out dressed and stop to visit everyone I know!

Distraction? Yes, dressing does take time away from other projects. There is so much involved in the whole 9 yards. CDing seems to take over sometimes.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

For me it's about 80% relaxing and 20% distraction. The distraction part is still pleasurable. The distraction is when I look through catalogs, see items I like, etc. I have a totally accepting and supportive wife...with a great sense of humor. She chuckles when I refer to my dressing as "relaxing ". She once said, "you can't wait to put on, what I can't wait to take off...referring to nylon stockings (# 1) and underwire bras, let alone shapers, slips, etc. My standard reply is "yep" 😉 My ultimate pleasure, is a leg rub, after I shave, apply scented lotion and slip on a pair of sheer hose. Ahhhhh. 😌

(Deleted and reposted due to bad words from autocorrect, that will teach me to post while sleepy)

I find dressing up very relaxing. I only dress when no one is around, so I won't get caught. I put on some stockings, a skirt and a cute shirt and sit at my desk playing video games. Sometimes I giggle when I beat other players, since it might make them mad if someone like me beat them.

Reese I am with you it does take away from things that are on my list to get done but I do find it relaxing in a way.
    Watching to little grandson so I should look the part right??

Hi I am new to the site. I find that wearing panties and pantyhose very relaxing. I wear 24/7. My wife knows but doesn't say anything. She does not understand why but doesn't care as long as I am discreet about it.

I find it some of each - pink fog time and choosing outfit and putting on makeup when you want it right is distracting. But once I am done, then calm/relaxing especially when I have several hours to enjoy it. If I am rushing to get a few pics in and then have to undo it all, it is more distraction and the greater calm is seeing the pictures later.
    Hugs, Ellen

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    Just chilling outside at home in high heels, pj's (sometimes a long skirt), and a t-shirt having a smoke and a drink is the ultimate in relaxing for me.

It can become stressful to get all dolled up, especially doing makeup.
    But in the end it is super thrilling and relaxing.

It can be distracting when I'm out somewhere and I'm just thinking about getting dressed up.

I suppose it's a variety of feelings for me.
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

I find it super relaxing. I always dress fully, neck down. And though I no longer get much of a rush while dressing, within a few minutes of being fully dressed, taking a look at myself and just sitting down and settling in, a profound and exciting sense of calm and well being comes over me.
    It is only a distraction if I need to go out to get things done, since I don't go out dressed. But I enjoy doing chores around the house while dressed, especially 'manly' things
    Not a woman, I just enjoy looking and feeling like one now and then!

I would have to say both to a degree. Though I would say that once I am dressed, I do feel relaxed. More then I usually am in guy mode.

I find it very relaxing. I just dress around the house, was only out to my late SO and she would sometimes buy me clothes. Both of us were lingerie lovers.