Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Crossdressers only: Is it Relaxing or Distracting?

@Docrobsherry I'm definitely on the same page with you and Diane where i'm usually a bit wound up trying to figure out the perfect look and outfit, and trying to stick to my complex and meticulous process. I really love the end result, however I haven't given myself the time and preparation to have a relaxing "transformation" or day leading up to getting dressed up. Being out does a bit to my nerves but I do relax more and more as I spend time out until the time I reach home.

Relaxing... but then again, I really don't go "all the way" with dressing. Babydolls, regular pajamas... maybe a long gown once in a while OR a leotard & tights is about 99% of my efforts. Once "adorned," I do find myself pretty relaxed.

Lacy PJs

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Both to an extent although, what I really find is that the activity is alluring and satisfying.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Definiletly not relaxing, rather distracting!

Definitely relaxing with me. I feel much more relaxed and comfortable. Stress levels fall.

Aspiring Member
    Usually its relaxing, sometimes its just a pain in the you know where. I find it more relaxing when I am not under pressure, especially when I am traveling on some of my multi day work trips and I have blocks of time with no commitments. I find that when I don't give a darn how I look it is more relaxing.

Sometimes its a distraction, particularly the shopping!! I have cloths I have yet to try on only because I have been so busy lately.....but not too busy to take 5 and shop on line!!

How's that for a babbling no answer answer

I can only dress when my wife and kids are out of the house. My wife will let me know how long I have and will give me a heads up when she's coming home so I can change. So if I'm just dressing, then it's relaxing. If I'm adding make up and wig to the mix, then I have the anxiety of trying to do my makeup and wig quickly enough that I have some quality time dressed because I also realize it will take longer to change back to male mode.

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    I must have read a 1000 posts here where someone describes dressing as "relaxing". I can understand that. When I first began dressing, I threw on a few pieces when I got home from work and wore them all evening. Sometimes even slept in them. That was long ago so I don't remember, but it SOUNDS relaxing?

Now, I only dress all the way or not at all and, it's NOT relaxing! I have to totally concentrate on what I'm going to wear, what order I put everything on, and not forget anything. Especially if I'm going out.

What it IS for me, every single time, is distracting! The 100's of random thots I normally have flashing thru my mind disappear. All I can think about is what I'm doing and how I'm going to do it.

So CD's, what is it for u? Relaxing, distracting, or something else all together?
    Hi there Sherry. For me, it's extremely relaxing and calming when I do dress. It must have something to do with the extremely soft feeling of the material on my body. It's also a little exciting for me to look down at myself and see either a skirt or dress on my body instead of trousers/pants.

At home it is a little stressful because I am trying different combinations of styles and different steps from padding to coordinating outfits to get the best results. When I go to a service it is more relaxing since someone else is doing the work. One day when I am brave enough I will go out in femme.

It's a relaxing distraction.

Being as I am overweight, I will don a nightgown right after dinner. No belt or elastic constraining my waistline feels so great. On the other hand, when I feel that I can wear shapewear for the day, I love wearing a bra and girdle all day.

For me it's 100% relaxing.
    Angie

Banned Read only
    Cross-dressing represents a REAL vacation to me.
    An opportunity to shed the burdens inherent in my life and temporarily become
    a softer.
    Maybe I want to cross dress because it feels ..like I would like to be .tr2.jpg

Aspiring Member
    Had to ponder this excellent question. It can be a mix and variable for me. IF I get space where my wife is out of town, and I am certain I have time to dress, it is very relaxing. Those windows are rare, even in my retirement. Normally when my wife is working I get two days/week where she is out for about seven hours, and that is consistent.

Summer is coming and as my wife teaches: poof goes all my alone time and privacy. On top in a couple weeks my oldest daughter is visiting, so no windows there. The reality: any windows for dressing starting in about ten days go poof until early September, and that sucks. Of course, I can take solo vacations home to CO, and I likely will do that sometime this summer. I have also been pondering a trip to Portland, OR to have a few days in total enfemme at a venue there.

I'm somewhere in between the two. Mostly its relaxing. When dressed I can enjoy just being so for hours.

But occasionally, its distracting as I focus on some of the special feelings I get from the clothes. I might glance down and notice the boobs, or just need to slide a bra strap up my shoulder.

So, both, but mostly relaxing.
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.

I really have two modes. I have my own professional office, and the girls that work with me are on flex-time, so I'm able to dress sometimes at work, and also can underdress. Aileen is really MUCH more efficient and contentious about work than her drab self, and I get a lot done on those days. No time for indulgence, just for relaxed and productive work....and a little more alert for footsteps at the door.

Then there is dressing at home, and really indulging my femininity--and that's total, blissful distraction. But now Aileen is telling me to get back to work--my gurly break time is over, so I'll adjust my bra and get back to my papers.

I agree with others, I find that being dressed is relaxing in the main but also distracting as I rarely get the stuff done that I had planned to do.