Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Crossdressers only: Is it Relaxing or Distracting?

Silver Member
    Relaxing, yes. Calmness, yes. But primarily for me, a feeling of being at peace.

relaxing and for stress relief . I'm much more comfortable dressed.

Banned Spammer
    I find thinking about dressing and getting things ready and preparing and getting dressed is not just relaxing but exciting as there are so many variables to do. because of an accident and med I did not dress for a long time and my SO suggested I start up again and put on a silky nightie last night for bed..... exciting and I was very relaxed.

Aspiring Member
    Dressing is calming & relaxing. I always find I dress in a rush, then calm way down when I am ready.
    Sara

Banned Read only
    Sherry,
    Most of the time I feel comfortable, yes it is relaxing, I feel that even when I go out , it satisfies an inner need and feels right. Some outfits give a bit of a high and are fun to wear but that's short lived . I have to agree with Bev on this one the way you dress means different things to you, as you said in another thread some of us have gone through a lifetime most of us now want to enjoy the freedom we have to enjoy what we're doing.

Relaxed is not the right word for me. When I dress for a while I feel like I'm in a elevated state - a state of grace if you will. I feel happy. There is a sexual aspect as well to be sure.

Relaxing but I would term it calming! It takes away stress! However, (and maybe just replaces) it can create stress as well! Maybe it is just a trade off of one kind of stress for a different kind of stress! I just enjoy the journey and do not really worry about it! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steph65 View Post
    ----------------------..... exciting and I was very relaxed.
    Well, THAT clears things up--------
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Platinum Member
    Hi Sherrt, It is a whole lot of both, It is so very relaxing when dressed, And a little distracted thinking about it when not dressed......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I would say it is exciting and relaxing (is that possible) and also a little nervous, hoping that no one shows up on my door step. I get somewhat anxious on days before I have my dress up Friday, hoping that someone else doesn't mess up my schedule. This is a real mixture of emotions involved and that is probably one of the main attractions, "Emotions" mixed up as they are. Does this make any sense to anyone, I don't know if it does't me, but I do love dressing up. Oh Well!
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/lovethatdress/

I get nervous when I dress. I usually find I am pressed for time and rushing at the last minute to get everything perfect for an outing. There is a feeling of satisfaction when my look comes together and I leave the house, but this is often replaced by the excitement (and sometimes doubt) about appearing in public or interacting convincingly in social situations. So I'm always on a bit of a nervous high while out and about. The calm moments come when driving to or from and outing and mostly afterward, when I can sit around before putting Diane back on the shelf and think about what I've accomplished that day. But the preparations and events themselves are more likely to increase my blood pressure than calm it.

- Diane

It's like having a twin Stacey G's Avatar
    I am most confident, comfortable, and relaxed when dressed to the nines. I love lounging in my stockings and heels. My wife says she finds it too uncomfortable.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I relate completely, Diane!

I'm never completely relaxed when I dress and go out.

Not until I pull back in my driveway!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I really wish it was relaxing. As a perfectionist I'm never satisfied with my female look. Not even home alone. I guess it has to do with me have hard to accept my female personality. If I could wish for something it would be accepting my self as I am

I actually have been thinking about what I get out of it lately.

I remember about 25 years ago when I could stay dressed for about six hours without worrying that someone could come home at any minute.
    It felt so great.

Over the last year I've been able to dress a couple of times a month but for only about three hours at a time.
    There also always a chance one of my children could come in at any moment which has happened twice so far.

One time my son came home, I had a dress on but luckily no make up. I changed into my pajamas real fast and as I was talking to him I realized my pajamas were inside out. I don't know if he noticed.

Another time I heard a car pull in the driveway and I was able to pull everything off and jump into the shower, that was the day my wife found my heels in the bedroom. ARRRRRRRRRR

So at least over the last year it's not relaxing at all.
    Last edited by Judy-Somthing; 03-03-2017 at 07:31 PM.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

It sure seems realxing to me. Even dressing to go out and full makeup with bling. I never thought it was distracting. Sees natural to me.
    Part Time Girl

It's a bit of work for me to put it all on, but once I got everything on and I see myself in the mirror... I'm relaxed and happy, twirling around and prancing. I love looking and feeling like a princess everytime I dress up!

Aspiring Member
    The way I see it, my brain is hardwired to release "feel good" neurotransmitters when I crossdress. These neurotransmitters (serotonin, dopamine, oxytocin, etc) produce the sensations that we love, and associate with crossdressing.

For instance, oxytocin is associated with trust, comfort, bonding, and reducing stress. At high levels it can be associated with social stress.
    Dopamine is the neurotransmitters that provides the expectation of gratification, addictive behavior, and sexual excitement.
    Serotonin is associated with sensations of satiety, satisfaction and relaxation.

I suppose that all of these and more neurotransmitters are all part of our crossdressing pleasures. Sometimes when my wife questions why I crossdress I just mention that I need those neurotransmitters.

Banned Read only
    If you're headed to Hawaii to lay in the sun, listen to the surf, rest, recuperate,,,,,,don't you have to, especially you folks in Orange County,,, have to drive on the freeways to the airport, go through standing in line, screen, head for the boarding lounge, wait two hours because you were told to get there two hours early, sit cramped between two morbidly obese persons, eat no food, get off the plane after five hours, retrieve your luggage, drive on the freeway to a hotel. get there too early for check-in, check in, unpack, change into a swimming suit, head to the beach and get hit by a tidal wave? Then the fun begins. You first have to take a journey (get dressed) before the relaxation (or your wife gets home earlier than you expected)

If I want to truly relax you'll find me wearing a white tee shirt, cut off thirty year old shorts worn thin in the butt, Jockey shorts underneath, no socks. And, sipping ice tea, even in the dead of winter. Oh, unshaven for at least four days. If I want to escape the pressures of the male world or my past, then I'll slip into a pretty dress, hosiery, heels, bra and panty, slip, wig, and pretend to be someone I truly am not...on the surface. Yes, all that takes less than ten minutes.

I find that recently it's more relaxing. It used to be more stressful worrying about others and what they might think. I've never thought or worried too much about dangers of being beaten up but more about being noticed as a man in a dress. Now that I'm older and have an awesome wife I have very little worry about what others think. Someone said "It's none of my business what anyone else is thinking".....I agree with that....and with that....why should I care?

My wife and I have had such relaxing times shopping and getting our nails done and pedicures. It's so nice to not have to rush to get ready. It's awesome to be a girl and I'v been growing my hair long and can't wait to get a beauty shop style and trim as Joyce!

It really relaxes and calms me. I have always been a calm person and really do not know what anxiety feels like. So when I'm dressed I'm so calm if I took an anti anxiety med I would probably be in a coma.
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

Day to day, wearing subtle feminine clothes - panties, women's jeans, women's sneakers or sandals or flat soled boots, along with a unisex t-shirt, makes me more comfortable and relaxed in guy mode. No bra, forms, hip pads or wig or makeup. Just girl clothes that could pass at a casual glance for guy clothes, but have that feminine feel and fit.

Getting all dolled up in obviously feminine attire, with forms and padding and wig and makeup, is something I reserve for getting out and being sociable, or shopping, or enjoying a meal at a restaurant. Then, I find it relaxing and pleasurable to let my inner girl roam free and have fun.

But if I was just alone at home and getting general stuff done around the house, or when I was teleworking and not interacting with anyone as a woman, I found being fully dolled up to be a distraction. Not that I didn't enjoy the feminine feelings, but the necessity of doing my makeup when no one but me would see it, and the worries about messing up my nice girly clothes, kind of put a damper on the fun aspect.

Definitely relaxing whether fully or only partially dressed.

It's distracting when I'm getting dressed. Once dressed, however, I rarely focus on what I'm wearing. I usually just go about my day. Yes, I will occasionally be consciously aware of what I'm wearing, but most of the time, the feelings of being a female I get from all the visual/tactile feedback by wearing girl clothes is mostly subconscious.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Relaxing for sure and can be distracting if you let it. It used to consume me a lot, but now after years of reaching mountain tops when I dress, just sliding on a pair of pantyhose, lingerie, short dress, heels, applying some lipstick, and having a long sexy smoke is just as satisfying. Find out what gets your game on and get on the field to enjoy.
    I'm half the man I used to be, and twice the person that I once was...and Nothing beats a great pair of L'eggs. Be all you can be ladies! WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies, projects, or any other purpose - YOU DO NOT HAVE MY PERMISSION To Use Any Of My Profile Or Pictures In Any Form Or Forum Both Current And Future.