Thread: SO talk

SO talk

So i finially came clean to my so and she has decided to support me and accept my dressing up. Its very new to us so she is not into seeing me yet but is all up for shopping with me. So when we talk about everything she giggles and laughs her butt off then apoligizes. But it doesnt bother me and Do any of your SOs do this I couldn't be on a higher cloud.
    Ps this is my very first post ever!

Great post glad your SO
    Is supportive&likes helping
    You find clothes that will
    Make you be the best Girlfriend she has and remember to always be
    Honest and give her 75%
    Of the Man she married.
    MY SOis very supportive
    We shop together (male)
    Mode but she helps pick
    Clothes that will look good
    On Dawn.You will find plenty of good advice on
    Thissite get your 10 post
    In and you will have access
    To other areas on this forum for help.
    Good luck on your journey
    Congratulations to you and
    YourSO for helping you with your journey.

My wife has put together a few outfits for me, while we're out shopping. I like to find ways to make her laugh, it's usually at my expense. Part of what drew me to her was her sense of humor.
    And welcome to the forum

Welcome Leslie
    My wife found a receipt from a jean dress I bought and she asked me why I didn't get her one.

Leann

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Leslie honesty with your SO is very important, right now you may not have all the answers but always be honest.
    It's great she's helping many won't do that. Go slow
    Welcome to the forum as well
    Rachael Leigh

Silver Member
    Welcome to this fabulous forum, Leslie. You are 27, so young to be out to your SO (buy her some roses!), and so many wonderful years ahead of you to grow as Leslie. There's gotta be a really good story as to how you met and came out to her. Please share that (and profile type of info) with us? We need to know you better as a sister.

Welcome. 😊 Believe me, the best thing you've done is to "come clean" to your SO. I know. I, too, told her, before the " I do's", fearing she'd dash to the nearest door, but she accepted me, even though neither of us understand my need for cding. Over the years, she's been a great help, especially with makeup, and passability. No guilt is fantastic. Best to you and your SO on a fun future.

Hi Leslie and welcome!
    Good for you that you have told your SO about your dressing desires. Honesty is great and she hopefully understand the trust you are showing her.
    Dont worry about her laughing, that is much better than several alternative reactions she could have. You would benefit from laughing with her, and not be offended by it.

But ... many many things can go wrong and she could easily change her mind about this. That might happen tomorrow or it might be in 10 years and you may not get a warning.
    I suggest you read as much as you can here about other couples where the SO suddenly changer her mind. There are a number of things you should try and avoid doing and you can learn a lot from the mistakes of others!

A few bits of advice:
    - Do not take her acceptance for granted.
    - Talk to her and find out where the magic limit is. Then respect it!
    - Move slow and with care, dont push forward to fast.
    - Listen to what she is telling you with words but listen even more to what she is telling you without words!
    - Dont forget to be the one she fell in love with.

- Suzie

Welcome to the forum I think you both will enjoy it tell your SO to join the GG section for help to
    hugs
    Ronda

I get a kick out of reading how everyone reacts to the opening up to the SO/Wife. I assure you there is no 2 just alike. I have gone through it with 4 women over the years, 1 of which was a relative but important to me and my wife and the another I started with at the ripe old age of 16, so we just shared from the start. The point is that all of them had a different first impression. And each accepted it as what it was/is "my thing" and there by making it a thing that we both are involved in at what ever level. The biggest thing for each was that I didn't get out and make a Fool of myself and embarrass myself , family and friends. We had some good time and some trying times from my compulsion to enjoy CDing when it may not have been appropriate or they just wasn't in the mood. Remember what we do in any committed relationship affects each of us and should always be thought out. But I always, no matter how serious I was in my need or desire kept my sense of humor. We laughed at it together and even cryed on occasion, but always together and honestly sharing our feelings and concerns. All worked out and has to this day. By the way I have grown with my CDing from fetish to add therapeutic but there is nothing wrong with that. It's mine. Enjoy your trip and make the most of it, and do yourself a favor skip all the reasoning and justification along with all the groupings unless you want to worry yourself to death. I for one don't care about the initials, TV, CD, TG or any of the rest. I am just me and I enjoy crossdressing, role play, relaxing or whatever just living my life the way it works for me and my wife.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

Honesty is the best policy! Congrats on being here and having such a great wife! Share everything you can with her and as someone said get her roses! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Platinum Member
    Hi Leslie, Welcome to our forum, When you are here you are home.

The ball is in her court now , Just don't overwhelm yourSO with this program......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

It is nice to have the talk and have success in the event as well.
    As others have said take it slowly and reward her often.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Welcome to the community - you have a great SO

Thank you all so much for the great advice. You girls are great. Me and her have been together for 7 years now and met in college. We since have had two kids . I like everyone else have kept my secret from her. Until i saw a fb post about making lipstick. Well she went to visit her family and i was home alone so i thought i would try making this lipstick. Well upon making it i got redish pink stuff everywhere and didnt manage to clean it all up. So when she came home she found traces of it . She thought for sure i had been cheating on her. So i had to come clean. We talked about it and i explain had complicated and confusing it is. We laid down some rules and agreed to take it slow and here i am today.

Welcome Leslie! My GF loves to go shopping with me although I find that I have more stamina in it than her. There's always one more dress to try on and we haven't even gone to the shoe store yet! Have fun

After getting caught three years ago I finally admitted to me wife that I enjoyed wearing pantyhose. after much discussion she said she didn't understand why but if it made me feel good I could do it and not hide it any more. So I started wearing anytime I had long pants on. That led to wearing panties since male underwear didn't work under the hose. Initially she would shop with me but later on I just started buying my own. I now have over 100 pair and far more prettier than my wifes.

Quote Originally Posted by Leslieluv View Post
    So when we talk about everything she giggles and laughs her butt off then apoligizes. But it doesnt bother me and Do any of your SOs do this I couldn't be on a higher cloud!
    Yes! Isn't that part the best? Occasionally I'll say or ask something totally innocent that she thinks is hilarious. In the beginning that manifests itself w them giggling & saying something to the effect of how hard it is being a girl. If she only knew how much excitement I get out of those interactions. The other day I asked her why some shirts have straps on the arms of the interior neckline. She still hasn't actually answered that Q for me. 🤔

Silver Member
    You are off to a wonderful start, and I'm very happy for you.

One point that didn't appear to receive much attention is that your GF may experience ups and downs in her ability to accept your femininity. One day she could bever your greatest supporter, the next she might want nothing to do with your dressing. I learned the hard way about this from my wife. It doesn't happen often in our home, and I hope it never does with you, but it could. All I can suggest it that you never take her good will for granted, and keep the feelers sharp for signs that she might not be in the mood, and be ready to talk about it. It already looks like your lines of communication are good, so make sure she's up for your dressing before you dive into it on the "wrong" day.

Best of luck. A lot of people are rooting for you

My wife has known since before we were married, so its been over 30 years. I would agree with a few other responses that you should not automatically assume that her level of acceptance will be consistent through the years.

For example, my wife will sometimes shop with me because she does not want anyone to see me shopping for women's clothing alone. She will pay for the clothing as if it is hers. We did this at Kohls one day and the clerk obviously took notice that all of the clothing was XL sizes while my wife is definitely not XL. As she finished ringing us up and handed me the bag, she gave us a smile and said, "Now it's your wife's turn to get some nice clothes." Well, my wife was fuming as we left the store because she felt that I had put her into a situation in which not only was I outed, but she was outed as the wife of a crossdresser. I did not expect this type of reaction from my wife and it took quite a while for her to agree to go shopping again.

All that to say, just remember that acceptance can vary over time and circumstances.