Thread: When you read others posts what voice do you hear in your head?

When you read others posts what voice do you hear in your head?

For some reason I always hear the other posts in a flamboyant drag queen voice. Probably not accurate but...
    [COLOR="#800080"]Visit my *NEW site with pictures and not much (it's still new, lots to come) more!

I hear my voice
    hugs
    Ronda

Everything I read is in my own natural voice. Are you stereotyping?

For me it depends on whose post I am reading. Some I know personally, some I have been reading their posts for a long time, and others I do not know. For those that I know personally or on this site and depending on the tone and wording of their post, I will hear them as I may know them. For others, it just depends on the topic and how they write. Sometimes someone's avatar may also influence how I hear them too. Some avatars look happy and I hear that mostly. Then there are those with a serious almost irritated look on their faces, and I tend to read their posts that way.

If you read my posts in a flamboyant drag queen voice it is Definitely not accurate.

Use Jamie Lee Curtis voice instead .. I would prefer that!

- Suzie

Morgan freeman

Some times Minnie Mouse and sometimes Lana Mae! I go by the avatar photo and adjust it to the person as much as possible! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Banned Spammer
    I hear voices in my head!!! LOL Never crossed my mind about the voice. some maybe now you mention it could be a feminine mans voice or some times a manly womans voice. Just hope it is not like Shrek!!!!

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JasmeVee View Post
    Morgan freeman
    HAHAHA!!
    That killed me!
    I just hear my normal inner voice.
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

Banned Read only
    I hear them in my voice - I don't really think about it much, to be honest. It's just like I read everything else.

I just read the posts in my voice. Recently I recorded my voice to hear if I sounded somewhat feminine, I sounded like Mr. Rodgers so close enough!
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    I hear myself at all the different ages I was when I was going through similar feelings.

I don't usually hear a voice when I read things. Unless I know the person who wrote it, I don't 'assign' a sound to it. For example, when you come to a stop sign, do you hear someone saying 'STOP!' in a loud clear voice? How about when you see an advertisement on a billboard?
    It never occurred to me that people assigned a voice to everything they read....other than those who hallucinate.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Banned Read only
    Lexi,
    I Sometimes look in their profile to get some idea of whom I'm talking to and then get a mental picture so I can imagine a voice to go with it.

I sometimes put the accent to go with it, I know the ( US ) East coast is different to the west and the north different to the south. The UK has some very broad accents, I do wonder sometimes how other members imagine my voice ? I know when I used my old avatar some imagined me to sound like a school mistress , what ever that sounds like .

Pirate Queen wannabe Maria Blackwood's Avatar
    Heavy metal death growls

Aspiring Member
    I've never given much attention, but mostly in the imagined voice and often inaccurate accent of the writer in question. Still curious how my ramblings are being read though.

(For the record, the military command for "halt" as used in Singapore and the "STOP" signs in Malaysia are the exact same word in Malay, and for a while I did imagine the word in the shrill tenor of my CSM when I was a conscript.)

Interesting question. I had to stop and think about it. If I am reading something from someone I know personally then it's their voice, otherwise it's my own.

Interesting, I never thought about it.

The only voice I hear while reading the posts of gurls dressing with the wife's full acceptance and participation, is my voice, screaming in frustration!

i am so busy concentrating on the content of what I am reading that I rarely use any 'spoken voice' in my mind. Even as I type, I am busy thinking about each word to use next. In my mind it is the neutral 'me' . It is the same voice I have thought in all my life. I do not even assign a gender to it. I am me, part male part female. Even when I talk I like to use my neutral voice., which is not a deep male voice. As for accents or dialects, I have none. I was born to the military and have been exposed to all, so much, that they all get blurred in my mind. I rarely even notice other speakers accents etc.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maria Blackwood View Post
    Heavy metal death growls
    Then you wouldn't be able to understand what they are saying.

Quote Originally Posted by LexiNexi View Post
    For some reason I always hear the other posts in a flamboyant drag queen voice. Probably not accurate but...
    LOL nope that would not be me at all Lexi, think more Darth Vader, but in a dress.
    I do have a weird and very active imagination and yes I do put voices to different people here. I go by their avatar or their location as I have not actually met anyone from this site, at least not that I know of. You now have a really cute Swiss accent. As I am writing and editing I hear myself in my lovely, beautiful women's voice. now only if I could get it out past my lips.
    When I am still and quiet, people who do not know me think, Oh how cute she's shy.
    People who do know me think, OMG RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Girls will be boys and boys will be girls It's a mixed up muddled up shook up world except for Lola