Thread: night of 1000 gowns anyone?

night of 1000 gowns anyone?

hi Ladies . I am thinking of attending "night of 1000 gowns" in nyc later this month . Has anyone gone to it in past years ? how was it?

I never heard of it. Tell me. Someone told me about a Night of 1000 Stevies (Nicks) happening in April.

I think its from the same organizers. night of 1000 gowns is a super elegant benefit ball in march that is more of a drag event but it benefits lgbt and particularly t causes . I had heard of this so many years ago and it caught my curiosity . I think i might finally have the nerve to do this this year .

Silver Member

Ah-May-Lee
    You should go, you'll have fun. People I knew from way back in NYC clubland go to this event. I think Chi Chi Valente has some role in the event. She's married to DJ Johnny Dynell. Probably a similar crowd that would go to Wigstock would be there but anyone can go. I believe you might have to buy tickets in advance cause they do sell out. And it is called "Night of 1000 Stevies". You'll see a few Stevie Nicks look a likes.
    In solitude where we are least alone. Byron

well . I am going.

its more of a "drag" event than a " crossdresser " event . But definitions of gender are blurring . I am going . i found a gown for $20 at a thrift store size 6 to fit my size 8 body . its an ann taylor silk gown . its amazing and beautiful . i couldna imagined it to actually happen but it is .
    I found a tailor that is cutting the back of the dress and putting elastic to make it work . This is a fantasy that will come to happen in real time .

Ah-May-Lee
    It won't just be a drag event. The show is at Irving Plaza which is a big venue. I went to concerts there. So the crowd will be mixed but it will be interesting. Chi Chi Valente is a transsexual woman not a drag queen. As I said above, the crowd should be similar to a Wigstock event in years past.

http://www.mothernyc.com/stevie/stevie11-2.html

http://www.mothernyc.com/stevie/
    In solitude where we are least alone. Byron

I went . it was great ! It was at the Marriott Marquis in times square . super fancy . I wore a gown and fancy jewelry all purchased from housing works , which is a thrift store in NYC that benefits lgbt causes . ( all together less than $100 for a $400 dress) The whole party this year raised money to be given to the trans league and education fund , a cause that is important to me . There were a bunch of variable gender presentations at the event , which was confirming to me that there are so many different ways to be transgender . I sat with some great people including two authors who write about crossdressing and also a mtf crossdresser and her wife . They are married 40 something years and have a nice strong relationship that makes room for a crossdressing husband ! Yay! it was really fun and I will go again if I have the opportunity .
    Last edited by barbara gordon; 03-24-2017 at 05:01 PM. Reason: spelling

Sorry I missed you there. I was at the table right next to Veronica Vera's. It was definitely a fun event

FYI Night of a Thousand Gowns is completely different from Night of a Thousand Stevies. The former is a charitable event put on by the Imperial Court of New York; the latter is not, to my knowledge, a charity event. Though I do know that a lot of trans people go to NOATS...
    For photos on flickr, my user name is cd_erica_f

Woah! I have to add this to my bucket list. I love wearing formal!!! Thank you for posting this.

Lauren

We did meet! I wore a black and white dress with baccarat red and black trim! I sat with veronica v.