Thread: Transgender Day of Visibility

Aspiring Member

Transgender Day of Visibility

So I didn't realize this until someone posted it on another board I read, but March 31 is the annual Transgender Day of Visibility. It also happens to be the day I'm going in for my initial HRT appointment!! I had fully planned to go to that appointment in fully authentic presentation, now I'm thinking I'll have to do more, like go to lunch or shopping or something after the appointment.

Out of curiosity, what, if anything special, are you planning to do that day to up your visibility?

I usually go out in something subtle, like this HRC t-shirt (from last year):

IMG_0294 (2).jpg
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Thankyou for this thread, lisa, I hadn't thought about it yet - especially as you will see from my profile pic that I have recently celebrated 61 years of being awesome!

Rianna_Profile_2017125.jpg

But maybe, I could find something with a slogan such as "Don't mess with an ancient trannie!"
    Last edited by Rianna Humble; 03-08-2017 at 10:03 PM. Reason: Afterthought
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

WOW! 61 years. Congratulations!
    You are you. You are beautiful. Labels are worthless.

I haven't given it much thought yet myself.

I'll be on my rescheduled vacation from work as the Sunday prior will be my 47 Birthday.

I'll be out of state for a couple of days at the beginning of that week and I'm hoping that I can meet with a friend from High School for burgers on the 31st so we can catch up. I've been back in town for over two years and we still haven't had an opportunity to get together and catch up.

Beyond that, I'm just going to be me where ever I go that day.
    The source of fear is in the future
    And a person freed of the future
    Has nothing to fear

"That's life. It's not always rainbows and farts. Sometimes the farts have a little something extra." -Emma

Rock meet Hard Place.

Since I learned of this day for the last two years.

I question if I want to be visible. Other than "family, some work 1976-1992, close friends (LGBT)", I have not been visible to the general population for 40 years.

Not sure how or why to do so. Don't wear t-shirts in public so that is out.

March 31, huh? A challenge!

To explain a little better, I am pretty much out there as a woman on my 3 days off each week (unless it's a situation that would make someone I'm with uncomfortable) but I'm not out during my 4 days of work every week. So without looking at the calendar, I decided that I will do something on that day that would help make trans people, specifically myself, a bit more visible.

So. It's a Friday, one of my work days. It might be time to ease into visibility during the work week. Let's see what happens!